Sign in to follow this  
HirumaShigure

What characters do we want to see?

I would love expansions that follow the events of the book, like Saga expansions from the LCG. I don’t know if it would work very well, though. All of the exploration and discovery would be nearly gone, since we’d already know what the story is.

It would nice to see another dwarf for Gimli's kinship card (titles notwithstanding).

I'd also like to see another character with a bow, so that we could have dual bowmen adventures, although I'm not sure if that would break the game.

Combining those ideas, I think we should go to Erebor and get Brand (bowman) and Dain (axe-wielder). I think Brand should have an ability to get determination boons, like "once per turn, during a test, Brand may spend one success to become determined". Dain should have an inspirational ability, like "once per turn, when you gain an inspiration, a nearby hero does as well."

Posted (edited)

I would like to see at least one more dwarf (for those "If your ally is a dwarf" conditions for Gimli, regardless of someone having the Dwarf Friend title), at least one non-Ranger human, maybe another Tookish Hobbit.  

I think that I would like to have the vast VAST majority of expansions simply include Enemy figures and items, also some Big expansions that give more tiles. They could sneak some of the 100s size tiles in with the smaller enemy packs too.

Edited by steveisbig
grammar confusion

I did put this allready in the Boardgamegeek, but it is good enough to here too.

Lobelia Sackwill Baggings

the best female hobbit character. Did oppose Sharkus mens, long before those lazy Pippin, Merry and co. did arrive back From their holiday. One of those hobbits that have more character than most normal heroes!

weapon: umbrella

trinket: Stolen silver spoon.

5 hours ago, Hannibal_pjv said:

I did put this allready in the Boardgamegeek, but it is good enough to here too.

Lobelia Sackwill Baggings

the best female hobbit character. Did oppose Sharkus mens, long before those lazy Pippin, Merry and co. did arrive back From their holiday. One of those hobbits that have more character than most normal heroes!

weapon: umbrella

trinket: Stolen silver spoon.

That would be hilarious! I'm guessing the umbrella can stun enemies? 

If there was another hobbit it would be nice to be able to equip 2 hands, just saying. Although maybe the 1-handed thing will be tied to hobbit characters in general. A hobbit with a short bow would be cool. The hobbit archers reeked havoc on Sharku's ruffians once the lazy Pippin and co finally returned.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, *player3640663 said:

That would be hilarious! I'm guessing the umbrella can stun enemies? 

If there was another hobbit it would be nice to be able to equip 2 hands, just saying. Although maybe the 1-handed thing will be tied to hobbit characters in general. A hobbit with a short bow would be cool. The hobbit archers reeked havoc on Sharku's ruffians once the lazy Pippin and co finally returned.

That or a relative of the most famous golfer in middle earth.

Bandobras_Took

Edited by King_Balrog

Posted (edited)

The only problem with Bandobrras Took is that he has been dead Many Many years, but Lobelia is just right age at the game time scale. But timing problems have ever been problem with Ffg. You can have characters that have not been borne yeat and those who Are allready dead in Lotr Lcg... So who knows.

there could be special hobbit bow (very small and weak) that one handed hobbits can wear. That would solve the one hand handicap vs bow problem. Or then just give hobbits a bunch of stones ;)

Edited by Hannibal_pjv

So out of the box characters I would be interested in seeing

Grima Wormtongue:  He could take extra actions causing you to raise you threat, or he could have powerful abilitys that cause threat

Nob, The hobbit

Or an Eagle hero

Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

I would love to see Gollum as a playable character, he's such a different character, lurking, balancing either on good/bad side. He can show maany faces during the scenario.

Next one ofc Gandalf - I think it's a must.

Out of box characters:

Finglas - because why not?

Thorondor - I would love to see this one, king of the eagles on the board himself.

King of the Dead - well at the end he's on the good side, right?

Edited by FreddieBear