Rangor

Polish Aethersprite spoiler

27 minutes ago, Orcdruid said:

This translation seems wrong. The anakin card shows the front arc and bullseye arc symbols. When is a ship in your bullseye arc and not your front arc?

Front arc within range 1. Bullseye is 1-3. Translation is correct.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Orcdruid said:

That makes more sense. It's a syntax error.

If it's range 2-3, the enemy has to be precisely in your narrow, bullseye arc. At range 1, it is enough that it is in your wide, front firing arc. 

Also, the english card has been spoiled already. 

fgwzpf74g5n21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by Ryfterek

1 hour ago, Ryfterek said:

If it's range 2-3, the enemy has to be precisely in your narrow, bullseye arc. At range 1, it is enough that it is in your wide, front firing arc. 

Also, the english card has been spoiled already. 

fgwzpf74g5n21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

If that picture is correct there is no range restriction in the bullseye arc.

20 minutes ago, Smuggler said:

Ah, so they are. My mistake. I belive that restriction is new in second edition?

Yes, it's a shorthand wording reduction as iirc, no ability ever was defined as acting in arc, but also further than range 3. thereby it's safe to assume that all arcs end at range 3. 

I wonder how will that influence the ruleset for the new Hyena Bomber able to attack outside of range 3 - will it attack in 360'? 

2 minutes ago, Ryfterek said:

I wonder how will that influence the ruleset for the new Hyena Bomber able to attack outside of range 3 - will it attack in 360'? 

The card has been spoiled. Its ability is not to attack outside of range 3 but at range 0.

On 3/18/2019 at 6:18 PM, PaulRuddSays said:

Google translate is hilariously bad at Polish translations! 

Yeah. Polish has really complicated syntax. For computers it's quite imposible to convert it - artificial neural network would be recomended in my opinion.

But trust me, even natives  have hard time with this mess.

There are as much rules as exceptions - we mostly use intuition.

21 minutes ago, Shwarrz said:

Yeah. Polish has really complicated syntax. For computers it's quite imposible to convert it - artificial neural network would be recomended in my opinion.

But trust me, even natives  have hard time with this mess.

There are as much rules as exceptions - we mostly use intuition.

As a reward for the troubles, we get better cards though! Polish Horton counts itself in for his ability. Never had a polish errata issued, he's just stronger when flying drunk on polish vodka. 

I've now got my Aethersprite, the biggest thing that hasn't yet been noted is that it clarifies the purple action debate:  "New Rules: Purple Actions: As a cost to perform a purple action, the ship performing the action must spend 1 [force]."

So, precisely as expected, no shenanigans, just a worse version of the regular action.

7 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

I've now got my Aethersprite, the biggest thing that hasn't yet been noted is that it clarifies the purple action debate:  "New Rules: Purple Actions: As a cost to perform a purple action, the ship performing the action must spend 1 [force]."

So, precisely as expected, no shenanigans, just a worse version of the regular action.

It hasn't been noted because the spoiler articles and FFG live stream already told us this.