X Wing Nut

First game with the SSD

22 minutes ago, mathay86 said:

Any chance someone has dimensions they could share for the firing arcs on the SSD?  I have a prototype base I made, but looking around I can’t find arc measurements anywhere.  Did you just eyeball the arcs based on photos/vid of SSD or does someone actually have some numbers, hoping to playtest this with a buddy this weekend!

I think @Darth Sanguis had a PDF with all the arcs and the like that I nabbed to make the base for mine, linked from the tail end of this post

56 minutes ago, Admael said:

Sounds like the Battle of Orinda from Legends

Battle of Orinda.jpg

Huh, kinda weird how the Rebel SSD is firing red lasers while the Imperial SSD is firing green.  I wonder if the color of the bolt is due to the type of "fuel" you use for the turbolaser, and if so the Rebels must have a different source than the Imperials.  That, or like the Rebels replaced elements of every single turbolaser battery to get the red effect, for reasons (maybe the red makes it easier to function as "tracer" shots letting the gunners have better accuracy during battles with tons of green Imperial bolts everywhere).

Thoughts?  Theories?  STAR WARS EXPLAINED

15 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Huh, kinda weird how the Rebel SSD is firing red lasers while the Imperial SSD is firing green.  I wonder if the color of the bolt is due to the type of "fuel" you use for the turbolaser, and if so the Rebels must have a different source than the Imperials.  That, or like the Rebels replaced elements of every single turbolaser battery to get the red effect, for reasons (maybe the red makes it easier to function as "tracer" shots letting the gunners have better accuracy during battles with tons of green Imperial bolts everywhere).

This has essentially always been the case in Legends...  The Imperials, simply through the fact they actually *own* all the things, have higher-graded sources of Tibanna Gas, giving their blasters the green glow...

Of course, these days, getting specifics on these things is now a lot less canonical.

2 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

@mathay86 I was able to use one of the photos provided by FFG to create a ship token that matched their provided arc lines exactly. 

So I’m assuming I just take the linked pdf and print one of those 3 templates at 73mm x 356mm and I’m golden?

Just now, mathay86 said:

So I’m assuming I just take the linked pdf and print one of those 3 templates at 73mm x 356mm and I’m golden?

I mean, I think that should work? I made the file so they print at the right size on an 11" x 17" sheet of paper. Not sure what your printer has options for, but most have a "actual size" option. That should work fine. 

rCaPyX3.png

If it doesn't have that option then yeah, you'll have mess with the settings you have and make sure the template fits the 73mm x 356mm parameters. 

13 hours ago, mathay86 said:

Any chance someone has dimensions they could share for the firing arcs on the SSD?  I have a prototype base I made, but looking around I can’t find arc measurements anywhere.  Did you just eyeball the arcs based on photos/vid of SSD or does someone actually have some numbers, hoping to playtest this with a buddy this weekend!

Ill try to send you what we came up with tonight. we we not to stressed about being 100% as its only casual till the real thing gets here

12 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

because some one said "hay wouldn't it look better is the rebels and empire had different color lasers so we know who is shooting who?" 

10 hours ago, X Wing Nut said:

because some one said "hay wouldn't it look better is the rebels and empire had different color lasers so we know who is shooting who?" 

lol. No it is the type of weapon. I assume this is because they change which weapons are being used in the rebel ssd