Sign in to follow this  
CPFinnit

Good Tournament Deck?

I’m a super casual player but I really enjoy the game and I’m thinking about playing in a Friday night tournament.  I’ve been going through my decks and I think this might be my best deck.  I don’t have a really big frame of reference though.  I think it does everything pretty well, has solid Amber production and a good board presence.  What do you guys think?  Am I wrong?

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/4d733547-d15c-4a03-b40e-7d15b3a7cbd1

Posted (edited)

Your deck does have a couple of details that scare me:

Truebaru is a very dangerous card to play, due to the existence of removal that doesn't destroy the card being removed. 

You lack actions that can deal with sanctum creatures besides a single board wipe.

Your Mars lacks a counter to Restringuntus. 

I would probably still try to play this deck though. 

Edited by Revert

Your deck is interesting to say the least, though it misses some of the things I personally like to see. Like you have some good Mars creatures, but at the same time you don't have any squakers to make them work as neat combos (like Ulyq).

There's also a couple BAD things, like the fact you ahve a LOT of mars creatures... But the EMP blast. The EMP is a great card if you have key abduction to make them all come back, but if you ahve so many creatures, it's harsh. Same with teh Truebaru: If he's returned to hand, you just lost 3 aember. And Key Hammer that, if you don't break a key, you jsut gave 6 to the ennemy (but it's not THAT bad with your deck since you have two shoolers to steal back 2 just after they forged, as well as a jammer pack and grabber-jammers to make them forge at a higher cost (so you can break a key they paid for 9 or 10 and give them 6 back :P .

Your DIS is neat: Tendrils are MEH but it's sometimes good. Key to Dis and Lifeward are excellent artefacts. Overlord Greking is a great creature but you can't heal him that much unless the guardian daemon is around. Shoolers are great as said  before, so is snudge, and The Terror is always nice to have around if you play first. Overall good/great. Just the trubaru that has to be dropped on the turn you want to blow the key to Dis for a meagre 2 aember benefit.

Mars is is bit more hit and miss. You do'nt ahve that many things that work together, and a major oen that works agaisnt you (the EMP) but at the same time it's still good. Tunk and the dominator are tough enough to stay in play which will allow you to play Yxili Marauder with good effect. Megamouth and the mindwarper will doubtlessly be dead on arrival because you do'nt have squakers/soft landing and will just draw fire from the rest... The biomatrix backups are nice but not golden. The jammer with the grabber jammers will make the opponent pay more than he wants so it's always nice. Battlefleet will be MEH sicne you do'nt ahve many actions and thus no "big turn" where drawing as mars is interesting.

Shadows is where the board control is at which is unusual but nice. Lots of steal though no Bait and Switch to counter the guys that can farm Aember (Played a game online where I ended with 35 surplus aember, bait and switch is the counter to that). Your actions and artefacts will clear the board and steal a bit, but your creatures won't stand a chance and poison wave isn't a good thing on boards without at least sanctum levels of armour. And the silent dagger has very little chance of being that great, but who knows.

I thinky our deck is really strong, but has a couple occasions where the draw will jsut ruin your plan/hand (EMP is one, or badly timed key hammers)