Sign in to follow this  
Da_Brown_Bomber

Whats the best Scum list you have faced recently?

Posted (edited)

Whats the best Scum list you have faced recently?

Post one Extended or Hyperspace squad or one of each.

Me?

Hyperspace: Well for hyperspace I've only played Fenn+3x Zealous Recruits. It was really good but I suspect will have trouble now Y-Wings are good again. I'm actually liking the look of the archetype Han/Fenn/Old Turoch. I also think some people are sleeping on Boba Fett in hyperspace and have written him off without Han Gunner. Using Slave1 title on him with Qi'ra and trickshot has been shown to be rather good. The real issue is the points make things a bit squishy for support ships with a high enough initiative to be relevant.

Extended: I'm really unsure about this one. Fenn seems a bit variable here. Rebels and Resistance have some great aces and they have durability and mobility. I think scum really needs to alter its game plan. I like Drea with 2-3 other generic ships. Scum bombers are good and Lok Revenants with Veteran Turret Gunner and your choice of Dorsal or Ion Cannon hits hard. Mining Guild Ties even with trickshot seem more filler ship than reliable threat.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Posted (edited)

I don’t know about how good it is, but I’ve had a lot of fun with:

Fenn + fearless

Han Solo + trick shot + hotshot gunner + title

2x Mining Guild Surveyor + Trick Shot

comes in at 194 for making sure your i6 go last.

Edited by ScummyRebel
Forgot the title. Still at 194

Posted (edited)

As a primarily scum player last 3 years, I'll bite here.

The increasing prominence of large turrets and Y-wings VTG Ion makes all Fangs not named Fenn or Teroch pretty unplayable right now. We probably won't see them until after July points change. I think Zealous Recruits should be 40 points, actually. But even all things considered, I'm just not a fan of any Fangs right now. Republic Jedi are going to eat them up. There's too much of a Trick Shot meta as well. The gas clouds help, but not enough methinks. 

Boba is still great and worth building any list around. People have wisened up the scum Falcon's style. It's become a bit predictable. Seevor is the only real solid addition from the MG TIE. Mark my words, the game will be going to a small obstacle/gas cloud meta eventually. Trick Shotters/grappling strutters / MG Ties / Scum Falcon / Etc etc all but get neutralized with 3 smallest rocks, or 3 gas clouds. This eliminates much of the Scum faction's best builds. 

Sadly, the Z-95 is not the savior in Wave 3. There isn't enough Ace power there. Amusing that they added that before the Quadjumper. 

Scum need 3 things.

1) Illicits that matter. Illicits are largely irrelevant right now. Contraband Cybernetics vs. Leia crew are a joke and they haven't even been introduced yet. The three hyperspace legal are silly one offs (Inertial Dampners, Dead Man's Switch) or med/large ship only (rigged cargo chute.) Illicits should help define scum in the way The Force does Jedi / Sith and right now they are non factors. 

2) The Bounty Hunters. IGs, 4-LOM / Zuckuss, Bossk, and yes, Dengar. They personify the aces of the faction. It's going to be a year minimum before they are all in play. 

3) Guri. 

So that's kind of where we are at with scum. They've been neutered pretty hard now in Hyperspace. But if I HAD to put a HS list together, it'd be something like this;

Captain Seevor (30)    
    Trick Shot (2)    

Ship total: 32  Half Points: 16  Threshold: 2    

Fenn Rau (68)    
    Predator (2)    

Ship total: 70  Half Points: 35  Threshold: 2    

Freighter Captain (46)    
Ship total: 46  Half Points: 23  Threshold: 6    

Freighter Captain (46)   
Ship total: 46  Half Points: 23  Threshold: 6      
Total: 194    

The freighter captains being only 24% of your list each are great fodder and can get their block game on. You could probably trade them for half a Y wing list. They could herd Resistance A-Wings pretty well. 

I don't know. It's something I guess. Good luck. 

Edited by Cloaker

1 hour ago, ThinkingB said:

Triple Bounty Hunter. It's very much a real list. It all comes down to the flying.

I tried it tonight; stupidly bought another F-31 instead of a second Scum kit, but oh well.

It was a lot of fun and handled well against triple Upsilons. I lost by one point on time, but I plan on practicing with it for a Hyperspace tourney next month.

Posted (edited)

Hyperspace:  Scum is in a bad place because ships are easier to kill in 2.0. That implies that ships like the Z-95 and co. are playable because they can actually hit something. That implies that lists should be composed of as dense firepower as possible in as many ships as possible because they'll be relevant. That indicates that the "meatier" scum ships are too easy to kill (Fangs v. too many arcs) or are too expensive to get the requisite firepower in a list (Slave 1). I don't think there's a good Scum list in the format right now. Fenn Rau is very good, just not in this metagame. Y-Wings are good but not available yet so there's no efficiently-costed meat, like Rebel X-Wings. I think you need to be flying a minimum of 4 generically-good ships in this format to not be out-gunned and scum can't do it right now. Scum also can't make a synergistic swarm, currently. 

If I decided to make a scum list, I'd ignore all that and try to make a solid, 3-ship list and hope to run into people that aren't playing a denser list. This is an X-Wing game. Some people just fly what they like to play.

*If/as the game moves to super ships again, the above won't hold true.

Edited by AceWing
Poor wording

threw this squad together. low initiative but solid firepower. thoughts?

IG-88A (68)    
    Crack Shot (1)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    
    IG-2000 (1)    

Ship total: 72  Half Points: 36  Threshold: 4    

IG-88C (66)    
    Crack Shot (1)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    
    IG-2000 (1)    

Ship total: 70  Half Points: 35  Threshold: 4    

Lok Revenant (43)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    
    IG-88D (4)    
    Veteran Turret Gunner (6)    
    Hull Upgrade (3)    

Ship total: 58  Half Points: 29  Threshold: 6    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v6!s=200!81:116,113,,,,,,151:;83:116,113,,,,,,151:;146:137,36,90,,,164,:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

I play Empire and Scum, but I haven't found anything for Scum Hyperspace that I like yet. My latest thought was two Firesprays (BH/Frost) running with Perceptive Copilots and Shield Upgrades with an Escape Craft coordinator. Enough hp to weather the damage of being low Iniative, while still having the double focus and coordinated action to help both offense and defense. Something like this-

Escape Craft - ‚ÄĘLando Calrissian - 33
¬†¬†¬† ‚ÄĘLando Calrissian - Smooth-talking Gambler (29)
        Trick Shot (2)
        Tactical Officer (2)

Firespray-class Patrol Craft - Bounty Hunter - 80
    Bounty Hunter - (66)
        Perceptive Copilot (8)
        Shield Upgrade (6)

Firespray-class Patrol Craft - ‚ÄĘKoshka Frost - 87
¬†¬†¬† ‚ÄĘKoshka Frost - Icy Professional (71)
        Trick Shot (2)
        Perceptive Copilot (8)
        Shield Upgrade (6)

Total: 200/200

[url="https://squadbuilder.fantasyflightgames.com/squad-preview/8123f60b-fc3a-4c25-9116-4743f2ede471"]View in the X-Wing Squad Builder[/url]

Boba + Han Gunner was completely overpowered, but that might have overshadowed the fact that the rest of the faction isn't all that strong in Hyperspace. As we've seen with Vader and Empire, one amazing pilot and a bunch of middling ones does not a faction make. Rebels, Resistance and First Order have options that the rest simply don't have in that format. All seven factions have great aces, but First Order and Rebels have access to good support ships (Upsilons, U-Wings with Leia and/or Tac Officer), far better than the Scum nose and the Reaper. Rebels, Resistance and FO have solid generic allround fighters (Y-Wings, X-Wings, TIE SFs with missiles), but the Empire's Advanced x1 is sadly a terrible design, and Scum has nothing even remotely like that in Hyperspace.

Empire and Scum might be better at swarming the opponent, but not by much, as FO-Fighters are cheap and much more versatile than ordinary TIE Fighters, while Resistance can have five A-Wings (inkluding a couple of aces), and Rebels can run a combination of five X-Wings and Y-Wings. Scum has the best interceptor, but it's expensive, and the Empire's best interceptor is arguably beat by its Resistance counterpart, (2 reds, but better dial, tougher, butt gun, cheaper). I don't necessarily thing any of these ships are wrongly costed though, it's just that the toolbox is a little lacking.

It's almost a little funny that Wave IV will introduce the Decimator and the Headhunter to the format, neither of which see much play. First Order gets nothing, so there's that, but there's a definite chance that Rebels and Resistance will just pull further away from the rest of the pack.

Still, I will happily play Vader and Strikers, even though I often just want the tourney to be over with so I can play Inquisitors and Phantoms again. :P

So, back to topic, I don't really know what to do with Scum in Hyperspace. Gonna get another MG TIE though, because I like symmetry and want to do something with Seevor and Ahhav. Extended is another matter entirely, and I've been having fun with this list:

4-LOM (49)

• Advanced Sensors (10)
  • Mist Hunter (2)
  • Crack Shot (1)
  • Tractor Beam (2)

Unkar Plutt (33)

• Pattern Analyzer

Black Sun Enforcer (46)

• Fire-Control System (2)

Black Sun Enforcer (46)

• Fire-Control System (2)

Total: 200

So far I'm 4-1 with it, and the loss was partly due to an unmodified R3 shot at a focussed StarViper randomly killing it immediately. The list is very unpredictable, very good at blocking and hits reasonably hard. The StarVipers are almost as squirrely as Strikers and as almost as consistent as Inquisitors, and because nearly everyone focuses on 4-LOM and Palob early on, they're often free to set up locks and harass any problematic aces.

Yesterday i started to play around With the thought of running Krassis Trelix With cluster missiles. Should somewhat counter the popular rebel lists as they rely on close formation. And Krassis "only" cost 75 Points.

But as several already mentioned, its hard to complete the list With a total if 3-4 ships With meaningful abilities and/or enough health.

I would have liked if one if the following three chassis were available in Hyperspace 

Kihraxz 

Kimogila (cluster + tl astro for only 52p)

Scurrg

Scum has a hard time with Beef Meta, because Scum's only Beefy ships are 2 attack dice or 66+ points.

Scum also has a hard time with RZ-2 A-Wing meta, because Fangs and Fearless. 

Boba, Han, Fenn, Teroch, Seevor are all good. Cheap coordinate is still good too. 

We'll have to see how the new factions shift the meta. If nothing changes, CIS and Republic add front arc ships Fangs can Faceoff and acey ships Boba can rear arc, so just by diluting the stuff Scum has bad matchups against they might help it out.

Boba Fett + your choice of two y-wings or scurrgs with ion gunner and r4 astromech 

You can fully kit out Fett with the y-wings or keep him lean and upgrade one or both to scurrgs for extended

Fenn with two bounty hunters is pretty solid as well

58 minutes ago, Effenhoog said:

Boba Fett + your choice of two y-wings or scurrgs with ion gunner and r4 astromech 

You can fully kit out Fett with the y-wings or keep him lean and upgrade one or both to scurrgs for extended

Fenn with two bounty hunters is pretty solid as well

Scum isn't allowed Y-Wings in Hyperspace sadly. Firespray, Fang, Customized YT-1300, Escape Craft, and Mining Guild TIEs only right now. Bounty Hunters and Fenn works though.

Went against this a few weeks ago.  Hyperspace event.  I was using Wedge/Luke/Marva, won, but made me think a bit and change how I was  flying the whole day.

Emon Azzameen [Firespray-class Patrol Craft] (4) Andrasta (3) Seismic Charges (5) Proton Bombs (4) Boba Fett (3) Fearless Points: 95

Skull Squadron Pilot [Fang Fighter] (2) Trick Shot Points: 52

Skull Squadron Pilot [Fang Fighter] (2) Trick Shot Points: 52 Total points: 199

His ability to drop bombs right by me 1st turn was a pain.   By the end it was fly where the target of best opportunity presented itself.  

On 3/15/2019 at 10:23 PM, ScummyRebel said:

I don’t know about how good it is, but I’ve had a lot of fun with:

Fenn + fearless

Han Solo + trick shot + hotshot gunner + title

2x Mining Guild Surveyor + Trick Shot

comes in at 194 for making sure your i6 go last.

I was running something very similar for the last two months, did pretty well with it. (4-0 and second overall at a tournament)

Fenn: Predator

Han: Trickshot, title, Hotshot Gunner

Ahaav

Seevor

199 pts.

I don't care too much about going first or last.  Going last is helpful for arc dodging, going first just means that the universe is aligned because HAN SHOOTS FIRST.  Stripping a Focus for Fenn to blast somebody usually works out pretty well.  I don't mind Fenn not going last, I've been running him since he was released and learned to deal with PS10 and PS11s in 1.0.

Posted (edited)

the double Firespray list is my go to right now for both Hyperspace and Extended.  

I switch out 0-0-0 in both lists and play around with the crew slots, along with devices.

So far it's my favorite and am able to beat lists ranging from 2 to 6 ship lists

Edited by nj3478