AlKusanagi

Wait, astromechs can't repair speeders?!?

I was trying to put together an extremely dumb, but hopefully fun "all" vehicle list (generic Rebel commander, 3 troops with R5s, 3 rotary ATRTs, and 2 T47s) assuming that R5s could repair vehicles in general. However, looking at the card is specifically says "friendly ground vehicle." Talk about a slap to the face of the already struggling T47. I was hoping to at least use the droids to remove whatever vehicle damage tokens they took, but that dream is dead... Ah well, looks like the RTs will just be getting more sweet, sweet droid lovin'.

19 minutes ago, krebeck said:

What about emplacement troopers? Medical droids cant fix them, can astromechs? 

Are you sure? Under Emplacement Troopers it says "Any game effect that targets or applies to troopers can target or apply to emplacement troopers."

9 minutes ago, AlKusanagi said:

Looks like the medical droids were similarly changed. In the rules update it says they can treat both the trooper and emplacement trooper keywords.

Yup, I just looked up the rules! Thanks! 

Capture.JPG

3 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

I'd rather they change rules that need to be changed than just leave them busted because of what the reminder text on a card says.

Which is a good argument for an official app that can be used in tournament settings so nobody has to deal with cards. Which yes, would require FFG to actually put some effort into it, but we can dream.

2 hours ago, BadMotivator said:

Which is a good argument for an official app that can be used in tournament settings so nobody has to deal with cards. Which yes, would require FFG to actually put some effort into it, but we can dream.

You'd still need cards. You know that X-Wing has that, right?

10 minutes ago, TylerTT said:

The cards are a critical part of the interface. 

My cards don't come out of the box unless my opponent is new and it's a learning game :)

1 hour ago, TauntaunScout said:

How do they fix something as it flys past? Made sense to me.

How do they fix anything in the extremely small amount of time one round of the game is?

4 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

How do they fix anything in the extremely small amount of time one round of the game is?

It's the same with medics. This is where the RPG influence on modern hobby wargames is seen shining through.

2 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

But R2 was onboard. Not patching it up as it whizzed by on a compulsory move. 

I wasn't commenting on the "fly by" question, but the "how do you do repairs in one turn" question.

2 hours ago, CaptainRocket said:

I wasn't commenting on the "fly by" question, but the "how do you do repairs in one turn" question.

Yeah... same way you stitch up a mortally dangerous blaster wound and someone through a few weeks of PT in one turn I guess. Such is gaming!

I always thought it kind of stupid that the T-47 and Speederbikes couldn’t stop. Both vehicles have vtol capabilities, but it’s a game mechanic, so {shrug}. 😌🤔

I guess it’s the same with the flyby repair, doesn't make sense story wise, but it’s a game, so we’ll have to suspend our disbelief. 😏🧐