Wazat

Double Decimators

Had fun with this list last night.  Worked pretty well for casual games, though I suspect it'd be taken apart by competitive lists.

Captain Oicunn — VT-49 Decimator 78
Ruthless 1
Darth Vader 14
Fifth Brother 9
Dauntless 4
Ship Total: 106
Half Points: 53 Threshold: 8

Rear Admiral Chiraneau — VT-49 Decimator 80
Ruthless 1
Minister Tua 7
Agent Kallus 6
Ship Total: 94
Half Points: 47 Threshold: 8

Ruthless worked surprisingly well.  Decimators have a lot of spare health to spend on maximizing their attack rolls, and changing 2 hits to 3 hits, or 3 to 4, made a big difference in some engagements.

Kallus was used the least often of everything here, either because I often didn't roll focuses, or RAC's ability covered the one focus I did roll, or I wasn't attacking the Hunted victim.  Kallus may be better to replace with something else, or maybe moved to Oicunn (who often spends all his force points on Vader, and locks as his action, so the focus modification could help there).

Vader did a lot of work in this list.  Being able to use him in the side or back arc made him very powerful, as losing a token or taking damage does terrible things to opponents who are facing well-modified attacks.

Thoughts?

Its a little different, but there's a lot of overlap:

RAC (Grand Inquisitor)

Oicunn (5th Bro, Vader, Dauntless)

Between his natural action and GrInky, RAC TLs and Reinforces every round, while Oicunn TLs and has 5th Bro, plus Vader to bother things up

Grand Inquisitor gives a bit more versatility in actions.  I'd initially avoided him because I was worried about timing issues though (based on enemy initiative).  His force point is nice too.  Thanks for the idea!

I'd considered doing that, instead of giving Kallus to RAC.  The player stress of having to choose between enhancing me or taking stress is harsh.  And that gives me a one-point initiative bid.  I think that's a good choice for the next time I play the fleet.

How about that:

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (80)
Ruthless (1)
Minister Tua (7)
Proton Bombs (5)

Captain Oicunn (78)
Intimidation (3)
Darth Vader (14)
0-0-0 (5)
Proton Bombs (5)
Hull Upgrade (2)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

with only two ships, you‘ll need every extra damage. That‘s, where Proton Bombs come into Play. With Ruthless Chiraneau gets hit,hit,crib from an average roll, when reinforced.

Oicunn into close combat, and Chrira sharking around.

I've been testing a great double Decimator list on fly casual.... 

(72) Patrol Leader [VT-49 Decimator]

(72) Patrol Leader [VT-49 Decimator]
(2) Hull Upgrade

(52) Soontir Fel [TIE Interceptor]
(2) Predator

Total points: 200

I like the idea of pairing an agile arc dodger with two damage sponges.  I'd be inclined to remove Hull Upgrade to give Soontir an initiative bid, since he lives or dies on arc-dodging.

12 minutes ago, Wazat said:

I like the idea of pairing an agile arc dodger with two damage sponges.  I'd be inclined to remove Hull Upgrade to give Soontir an initiative bid, since he lives or dies on arc-dodging.

Yeah that's fair, though I dunno if a 2 point bid is going to do much! 

Ah that's right, it's only 2 points for a Decimator and other fleets with an init 6 bid will have a larger bid.  Hmm...  I agree then, +1 hull will probably mean more in most games, then.

I didn't fly Soontir this time, but instead sent in a TIE Punisher with Proton Torps and FCS.  On the surface it was a terrible mistake, since that punisher never got a torpedo off due to my opponent being very squirrely and low initiative making lock timing hard.  But that punisher also absorbed a ton of punishment, finally dying near the end of the game while the Decimators were relatively untouched (some scant hull damage each).  I ended up wiping out his team, trading only a quarter of my fleet from the lost punisher.

I can imagine Soontir doing extremely well, but I'm also gun-shy about putting a fragile-agile on the table.  If he fails to dodge all arcs, Soontir is extremely random -- when he takes a shot, only dice luck prevents him from taking damage or simply being one-shotted off the table.  Crits are a major and persistent threat.  So... I'll need to learn to fly him really conservatively and arc-dodge like a champ, because I don't trust the dice to be kind to him.  In past games he's either homicided multiple ships before taking damage, or been trivially thrown off the table despite being focused at range 3.  I don't know that he'd be as effective as a TIE Punisher when the dice turn on me.

*grumble* just me making excuses to not try him.  I'm also just a coward.  ;)

Try him he's a lot of fun though is definitely hard to fly "right" 

I think you need to be super cagey with him and just avoid combst for as long as you can whilst the Decis wear stuff down.