flooze

Scum hyperspace?

Valid points. 

Don't want to fly a second fang, since the StarViper moves so beautifully. 

The escape craft is a consideration, but with its **** dial I don't like it at the moment. But the coordinate is definitively strong

8 hours ago, flooze said:

Valid points. 

Don't want to fly a second fang, since the StarViper moves so beautifully. 

The escape craft is a consideration, but with its **** dial I don't like it at the moment. But the coordinate is definitively strong

cool let me know how u go with the list. always good to see ppl playing and being innovative with off the radar ship combo's.

1 minute ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

cool let me know how u go with the list. always good to see ppl playing and being innovative with off the radar ship combo's.

Sure thing!

Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2019 at 11:25 PM, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Tried the above list, as well as a swarmy derivate a bit:

Black Sun Assassin (48)
Outmaneuver (6)

Black Sun Assassin (48)
Outmaneuver (6)

Foreman Proach (32)

Captain Seevor (30)

Outer Rim Pioneer (28)
Tactical Officer (2)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Lessons learnt:

* Foreman proach's ability wasn't used. Tractor is cool in theory, but never felt it was worth it. Having another ini 3 would have served better I think

* Starvipers are so much fun, with the possibility to coordinate before or after movement it is absolute beauty

* Outmanuever is nice when it triggers, but I feel it contributes too late (so it will a save a bit of MOV, but that's it). On the ini 3 it's kind of wasted

* PS killing hurts... 

* I like the list with Fenn better. But still, bad dice and you lose ships fast. 

*Even if it is a brick, I think the escape craft brings more value than seevor. Still a great pilot, but he doesn't fit here. So he will have to wait until I go for PS killing with Torkil again. 

Will most likely go for Fenn, Boba and escape craft (Lando?) for the hyperspace trial. Would love to bring the Starvipers, but I feel like Boba is the safer choice. Unfortunately I won't have enough table time left to try both extensively. Maybe I change my mind in a week, but I doubt it. Three ships will be easier to fly on the six games, too

Edited by flooze

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, FriendofYoda said:

What does everyone think of Teroch, Guri (AS, Pred), Lando (Trick S, Title) and a 12 pt bid?

im starting to think a high bid is needed to get maximum use from ur init 5 pilots. 12pts seems about right here imo.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

I flew this list at a Hyperspace event over the weekend for a bit of fun. I lost the 3 games I played but before you scroll on, the list has potential and I made major mistakes in all 3. Every game was close and exiting despite my poor decisions and lack of experience flying Old T. In 3 games I lost Seevor 3 times , Old T twice and Half points on Krassis twice and one death. Here is the list and I will describe what worked and what didn’t after.

Krassis Trelix — Firespray-class Patrol Craft 70, Trick Shot2, Tractor Beam 2, Cluster Missiles 5, Perceptive Copilot 8, Proton Bombs 5, Munitions Failsafe 1, Andrasta 4, Proximity Mines 6,            Ship Total: 103 Half Points: 52 Threshold: 5

Old Teroch — Fang Fighter 56, Fearless 3.   Ship Total: 59 Half Points: 30 Threshold: 2

Captain Seevor — Mining Guild TIE Fighter 30, Squad Leader 8.                 Ship Total: 38 Half Points: 19 Threshold: 2

Krassis can fire Two double modded cluster missile shots in the first couple of engagements with the Coordinate from Seevor. Seevor strips a token from a defender and possibly Old T does as well making them hit a lot harder. 

Game 1 vs Resistance 5’s 100-149

Game 2 vs Rebel Beef XXXU 126-200

Game 3 vs Soontir, Dutchess, Marek and Vermiel. 101-120

My mistakes were forgetting to drop bombs in the system phase. My first game had me miss two opportunities to drop proximity mines directly on ships. 

The proton bombs were used to zone opponents in to bad angles or force them to use actions to barrel roll or boost. 

When Krassis has his Lock the following round he could grab his Focus from  Seevor and reinforce making him a poor target. The stress makes this not useable every round but it helped on a few occasions.

The star of the show was surprisingly the tractor beam. In one game I tractored a full health Tallissan in to a position where she flew off the table next turn. In another game I moved Dutchess and Soontir on to Proximity mines after they used their actions to dodge them. Half points on Dutchess and destroyed Fel with two hull left. I lost that game due to three turns of blank/focus  red dice from Old T. I had previously used my focus on Defence.

My second game was a comedy of errors. I flew in a way that I never had before and couldn’t recover. 

I encourge those with more experience with Old T to try it out. I had a heap of fun flying the list and learned a lot but I think with more practice it could get the job done.

I had a thought the other day about a particular way to kit out a Fenn/Old T/Guri list: no talents, but Guri gets Advanced Sensors.  3 point bid (so I guess it could be Crack Shot on everyone, but I figure a baby bid might matter... seems like a lot of Wedge lists go right to 200).

A similar approach would be a Collision Detector on Guri, with Crack Shot on everyone. This gives you a four point bid.

Or no talents for a seven point bid.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Prince of weasels said:

Fenn Rau with fearless 71

Guri with predator 65

Old Teroch 56

Total 192 so an 8 point bid

I'd swap Fearless to Old T. If one of the 2 Fangs is parking at R1 in arc, it's better if it's him.

Really though, if I'm going with these 3, I'm putting AS on Guri and foregoing talents.

Rather like Dalan myself. With Fenn and Old T, you have more points to play with and a Viper that doesnt get super sad if caught in arc at R2/3. He can take AS and Outmanoeuvre, sit off a bit and present a different kind of threat. Comes in at 194 with naked Fangs.

Edited by Cuz05

3 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

I'd swap Fearless to Old T. If one of the 2 Fangs is parking at R1 in arc, it's better if it's him.

I agree to that. Would go for predator on Fenn if any

If you're looking for alternate builds, you might take a look at:

Bounty hunter (66)

Bounty hunter (66)

Guri (63)

This leaves you 5 points. I put Predator on Guri and leave a three point bid, but YMMV with respect to the upgrades and bid.

Posted (edited)

Alright, this is it. Hyperspace trial tomorrow, 45 players signed it, three ships from my side. Nothing fancy I know, but this seems to work better for me than the viper/mining tie shenanigans:

Boba Fett (86)
Trick Shot (2)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Slave I (2)

Fenn Rau (68)
Predator (2)

Lando Calrissian (29)
Tactical Officer (2)
Total: 199

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Wish me luck 😛

Edited by flooze

40 players, I think only three scum lists. Rebel beef and imperial aces en masse, leading to a boring cut of rebel beef by imperial aces on all tables. The other factions had few lists, the prequel factions more than the sequel factions I think. 

I faced vader, soontir and 2 bombers in the first two matches. One close win and one close loss. Made an early mistake which weakened Fenn, I think the game would have been mine if I didn't screw up there. 

Super intense game against tavson, blackout and quickdraw. Close win for me with superb Fenn defense last turn in range one of the shuttle and the silencer. 9 unmodified red vs 8 green with focus - no damage thanks to the Concordia face off. Brass balls for the win. Would have changed the result drastically of he had screwed up there. I gave away Lando too early and wasn't able to finish off tavson since I am too bad at flying Fenn... Was bumping for three rounds since I forgot about the stop. 

Fourth game against 2 a-wings and 2 t-70, all initiative 5. I think it was heroic on all of them, which did not trigger one single time the whole game. 3 points bid on that list, so I was chosen to be first player. I tried some blocking with Boba which was successful. Four ships in range one and only two with shots on Boba is more than ideal. Fenn went for the flank, resulting in nien nunb being eliminated in one round by the concentrated fire of Fenn and Boba. In the end, ello was able to take out Lando before I tabled her. 

So 3:1 with possibility to reach the cut. Already better than expected. 

Last game against vader, soontir, duchess. I liked that vader build with proton rockets and collision detector. Well on theory since it was against me... 

Super hard arc dodging from the aces. Lando had to go early... Fully modified proton rockets on the poor escape craft plus soontir were simply to much to deal with. Then I rarely got a shot in, slowly taking down duchess, but I could only put one damage into vader and soontir each. At one point Fenn was caught and then it was only a matter of time until Boba was in the points, too. Clear loss... 

13th overall and happy with the result, dice and range rulers. All games were intense and fun to fly.

The list did well, but I will need to find out a strategy against imperial aces - this was a real uphill battle. Apart from that I like the versatility of the list. Lando can kick *** if neglected, he is definitely more than a little coordinate ship. Fenn hits like a freight train and Boba can both deal and tank... sweet reinforce + double focus withers the first engagement well. 

Will definitely play that again! 

5 hours ago, flooze said:

40 players, I think only three scum lists. Rebel beef and imperial aces en masse, leading to a boring cut of rebel beef by imperial aces on all tables. The other factions had few lists, the prequel factions more than the sequel factions I think. 

I faced vader, soontir and 2 bombers in the first two matches. One close win and one close loss. Made an early mistake which weakened Fenn, I think the game would have been mine if I didn't screw up there. 

Super intense game against tavson, blackout and quickdraw. Close win for me with superb Fenn defense last turn in range one of the shuttle and the silencer. 9 unmodified red vs 8 green with focus - no damage thanks to the Concordia face off. Brass balls for the win. Would have changed the result drastically of he had screwed up there. I gave away Lando too early and wasn't able to finish off tavson since I am too bad at flying Fenn... Was bumping for three rounds since I forgot about the stop. 

Fourth game against 2 a-wings and 2 t-70, all initiative 5. I think it was heroic on all of them, which did not trigger one single time the whole game. 3 points bid on that list, so I was chosen to be first player. I tried some blocking with Boba which was successful. Four ships in range one and only two with shots on Boba is more than ideal. Fenn went for the flank, resulting in nien nunb being eliminated in one round by the concentrated fire of Fenn and Boba. In the end, ello was able to take out Lando before I tabled her. 

So 3:1 with possibility to reach the cut. Already better than expected. 

Last game against vader, soontir, duchess. I liked that vader build with proton rockets and collision detector. Well on theory since it was against me... 

Super hard arc dodging from the aces. Lando had to go early... Fully modified proton rockets on the poor escape craft plus soontir were simply to much to deal with. Then I rarely got a shot in, slowly taking down duchess, but I could only put one damage into vader and soontir each. At one point Fenn was caught and then it was only a matter of time until Boba was in the points, too. Clear loss... 

13th overall and happy with the result, dice and range rulers. All games were intense and fun to fly.

The list did well, but I will need to find out a strategy against imperial aces - this was a real uphill battle. Apart from that I like the versatility of the list. Lando can kick *** if neglected, he is definitely more than a little coordinate ship. Fenn hits like a freight train and Boba can both deal and tank... sweet reinforce + double focus withers the first engagement well. 

Will definitely play that again! 

well done. love how ur rolling with scum when most ppl not using it.

did u find reinforce with double focus amazing? was slave1 title good vs init 6 enemy ships?

seems like fenn is going to have uphill battle moving first vs vader/soontir who will likely have a bid better than urs?

5 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

did u find reinforce with double focus amazing? was slave1 title good vs init 6 enemy ships?

Reinforce and double focus is great when you manage good range control. Against blocks of jousters it is actually amazing. Still it will only work if Boba is the juiciest target. If all ships have a clear shot on Fenn or Lando, then the tokens will do nothing but encourage them to try the other ship instead. 

But just because this is possible doesn't mean it should be done every time. The reinforce is red, so Boba has to fly blue which is not always possible or useful. A pre move boost is also nice or getting focus before bumping. Fenn is also a nice target for coordinate. 

Lando with focus is quite strong for a ship with only 2 dice. Get him range one and you have fully modified red dice. Haven't used him as a blocker, since I wanted to coordinate or focus.

Slave 1 doesn't help against ships that fly after you, apart from being able to react when you place Lando somewhere you didn't want to. Against lower initiative, I could use it a few times. If you want to save points this can go for sure. Imo 2 points is fine for it. 

5 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

seems like fenn is going to have uphill battle moving first vs vader/soontir who will likely have a bid better than urs?

Indeed. Went for blocks for a while which worked well but this doesn't work forever. Handling that matchup is something I will have to specifically improve upon. 

I am thinking about bringing the Guri, Fenn and Teroch lists to a tournament. Advanced Sensors leaves me with a bid of three points, which should be enough against most non-ace matchups. One of the questions is, if I am greedy and go with some talents to reduce the bid to one point. That is probably a terrible idea. Right now I wish, I knew, what the bids were in the previous iteration of that tournament. There I went with full points and I think, I was matched twice with a zero-bid list?

As obstacles I will probably bring asteroids to make the lives of my enemies more difficult. Obstacles take options from everyone, so do they annoy more maneuverable or less maneuverable ships more?

The other question I am having is that of the gameplan. Lists I am expecting: Imperial and First order aces, Rebel beef and torpedo lists, bombers, jedi with clone support, separatist (mini-) swarms, Resistance aces and whatever scum wants to bring.

Against jousty lists, I will probably place the fangs on the other side, facing along my boardedge and try to flank with Guri. I should be able to avoid any arcs with her, even if it costs me my shots, so it would be nice, if they focus on her. The Fangs fly away, if chased or turn around, if the enemy focuses on Guri. Against jousty lists with two dice primaries, I could probably go more aggressive, if I manage to range control correctly.

Against aces, I would keep the ships together and be the jousty list. At least as long as I have the initiative. If I can manage to pull them into my corner, by deploying there and fleeing, I should have advantages in the maneuvering game. The other option would be to go into the obstacles in the centers, which would mean that I have easier turn options after the intitial engagements, while they would have to fly into the obstacle fields. That means that I have less maneuverability options in the first engagment though. Teroch will probably be usefull here for his ability.

Ini 6 pilot plus support combinations would be dealt with by trying to trade the Fangs against the ace to have Guri mop everything up.

Any Vader/Soontir list will probably be terrible for me, but should provide a fun flying experience.

Another problem I can see, is my lacking experience with fling this list and in general, but that is what I am going to change in this tournament.

Thoughts..?

Scum Hyper

(63) Guri [StarViper-class Attack Platform]
(10) Advanced Sensors
(2) Predator

(86) Boba Fett [Firespray-class Patrol Craft]
(2) Slave I

(30) Captain Seevor [Modified TIE/ln Fighter]

Total points: 193

2 hours ago, Tempeljaeger said:

Any Vader/Soontir list will probably be terrible for me, but should provide a fun flying experience.

Expect 10+ bids from the aces

2 hours ago, Tempeljaeger said:

Lists I am expecting: Imperial and First order aces, Rebel beef and torpedo lists, bombers, jedi with clone support, separatist (mini-) swarms, Resistance aces and whatever scum wants to bring.

When facing multiple ARCs or Firesprays, dodging the arcs will be hard to impossible. Even if the arcs only have 2 dice rear,it will hurt at some point. 

1 hour ago, FriendofYoda said:

Thoughts

I like seevor a lot. But he will not synergize at all with the rest of your list. I'd prefer an escape craft in this list, or forego the third ship and pimp up the others

33 minutes ago, flooze said:

Expect 10+ bids from the aces

When facing multiple ARCs or Firesprays, dodging the arcs will be hard to impossible. Even if the arcs only have 2 dice rear,it will hurt at some point. 

I like seevor a lot. But he will not synergize at all with the rest of your list. I'd prefer an escape craft in this list, or forego the third ship and pimp up the others

What’s the best Boba/Guri set up these days? 

Perhaps keeping Seevor and swapping Boba for 2x baby fangs is the thing to do 

We took Swarm Fenn and a Recruit as our AS Guri wingmates this wknd. The Fang duo is a favourite of ours and a solid chunk of a list. If points are tighter, Teroch stands in for Fenn.

The I1 can block or face up a joust and then Swarm tactics insures he gets to shoot. Obviously it's a hairy way to play but that's Fangs.

Guri flanks but it's a cagey game, you have to get her into R1 too. Flanking too hard gets the Fangs isolated, since that's where any joust will head. She has to be nearby to present the necessary questions to your opponent.

A bid around 10pt is pretty much essential to get Guri where she needs to be. The alternative for us is Boba, Teroch and a Recruit. More tanky, less need of a bid, more room for error.