flooze

Scum hyperspace?

Fellow bounty hunters and pirates, 

I am pondering on what to play for hyperspace. Really not sure what to do. 

I am thinking about two Firesprays together with Fenn or 2 ties. But I am not sure if I like this in paper. 

Anyone got a recommendation? 

Thx mates! 

I played hyperspace already and at the moment the dark side ships are too strong... Good working stressing to death lists with 5 to 6 ships on board with rerolls woah... Stop... 

So since I am playing only scum at all times, I will be choosing Boba with 4 naked ties, 5 ships on board, Boba with fair amount of rerolls plus the back side double tap. Ties are I2. Just for those counter attacks if getting a lot of other Ties with I1 to sometimes pull out enuf dmg before they can engage. And if all goes as planned lots of bumps will keep Boba away from risky situations, so he can come at the right moment and deal to some extent some dmg. 

Honestly think Scums besides Boba and Ties and Fen in hyperspace have not much to offer for now. Either very strong combos, but low amount of ships, or brainless combo which is cheap but two dice per attack and luck won't get you that far. 

Boba Fett (86)
Trick Shot (2)
Proton Bombs (5)

Lando Calrissian (Scum) (Escape Craft) (29)
Tactical Officer (2)

Fenn Rau (68)
Crack Shot (1)
Total: 193

I’m kind in the Fo mindset right now but this looks like could work: Proton Bombs against strikers+wampa, Fenn+bid against Wedge/Quickdraw, high PS coordinate to give Boba options...

This is what I’m testing for the Open. Boba plus something is the fallback option mind you. 4 fangs and 3 sprays are both strong lists in their own right.

I think if the Resistance Aces weren’t a thing I thing scum would be doing just fine.

(54) Han Solo [Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(7) Hotshot Gunner
(2) Trick Shot
(6) Lando's Millennium Falcon

(68) Fenn Rau [Fang Fighter]
(1) Crack Shot

(56) Old Teroch [Fang Fighter]
(1) Crack Shot

Total points: 195

I think bombs to counter Empire/FO swarm lists (even the gray squadron spam from rebels) is a good idea. Depends on what meta you are expecting. Hyperspace is limiting for all factions (some have better options than others as is always the case) so it does make it easier to tailor your list toward countering obvious enemy squad lists.

To be honest, from my experience, if a scum player isn't bringing Boba then they aren't using their best piece in hyperspace - he's a very solid choice.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, RollingSwarm said:

To be honest, from my experience, if a scum player isn't bringing Boba then they aren't using their best piece in hyperspace - he's a very solid choice.

That was my idea behind the list above. Bring Boba and capitalize on his strength. 

+ Coordinate for that crucial reinforce & double focus

+ Possibility for token stripping with ps5 seevor (we'll see how that turns out) or at least ps3

+ additional dice against those u-wings, bat shuttles and falcon

Hope to give it some table time this weekend

Edited by flooze

Was on a 10 player tournament on Sunday. Unfortunately I couldn't put the list on the table before, so I had to experiment. 

In the end I was not very successful (1-3), but had very exciting games and two were really close. Haven't had much table time at all in the last weeks so the list isn't too blame. 

I feel like I force the specialties of the list too much. Like flying over rocks with MGTs or bombing or swarm tactics. Or even the Firespray rear arc... Seems like I don't have a cohesive plan for this list yet. 

There are nice features in this list, but in the end the damage output was too little. It is interesting to fly, haven't unlocked its full potential yet. I also thought that a proton bomb would have been nice, so maybe I will tweak it a little bit for the next try. Not sure yet though... 

Boba Fett (86)
Swarm Tactics (3)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Seismic Charges (3)
Andrasta (4)
Proton Bombs (5)

Outer Rim Pioneer (28)
Trick Shot (2)
Tactical Officer (2)

Mining Guild Surveyor (25)
Trick Shot (2)

Captain Seevor (30)
Trick Shot (2)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

6 hours ago, stuffedskullcat said:

I've only flown one tourney (filthy casual), but there's a Hyperspace event next month I'm thinking of entering.

I've been flying triple Firespray Bounty Hunters  and having fun with that.

It’s a good strong list! Two and Fenn have been known to work as well.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, flooze said:

And how there is guri. Welcome to the party. 

Happy list building everyone

MY 5c. Another init 5 ace, even one as elusive and dogfightery as Guri isn't going to add much to scums arsenal in hyperspace.

Guri naked is 63pts, 73 with adv sensors which really makes her into an arc dodging nigh-impossible-to-block royal pain but much like Fenn, requires nerves of steel and heavy reps to truely reach the required zen mastery to make her worth it.

Generic star vipers are still a tad expensive and glass cannonny for my tastes. Im not ruling out a guri guru making and mastering a scum squad with guri as the linchpin but my thinking right now is just pair her with Boba, tank em both out and hope for the right matchups... which likely do not include Y-Wings.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

... pair her with Boba, tank em both out and hope for the right matchups... which likely do not include Y-Wings.

I hear you. 

Just played against 5 Y-wings yesterday. Not with guri or Boba, but what a pain in the ***... 

*strolls off searching for the path to zen mastery*

Edited by flooze

The generic Vipers ain't too bad.  It is seriously difficult for opponents to predict where they will end up and they are tough enough to get pretty decent mileage out of their 3 agility.

Go for blocks, then use their tight maneuvering to get in behind whatever you blocked.

28 minutes ago, Burius1981 said:

The generic Vipers ain't too bad.  It is seriously difficult for opponents to predict where they will end up and they are tough enough to get pretty decent mileage out of their 3 agility.

Go for blocks, then use their tight maneuvering to get in behind whatever you blocked.

starvipers just like fang fighters are high risk-high reward squads. u have my utmost respect if you are using multiples of these in ur squad and doing well with them!

@Da_Brown_Bomber I'm not the best player around, I've won a couple store champs in the past though so take my advice with a grain or two of salt.

I fly the Fang, specifically Fenn Rau a lot.  I tried a pair of the I4s with Crackshot along with a fat Boba a long while ago.  I did really well with it against some of the more competitive players at my FLGS.  I tried out Viper Black Sun Assassins in place of the Fangs and actually liked them better.

• Having the shield on top of the four hull is not inconsequential
  • The bendy barrel rolls + their close in dial makes the Vipers fantastic at blocking and generally getting into spots that other small ships just can't
  • Fangs are great, but once they are stressed they have six ways to clear it and if you were in range 1 before hand they probably won't have a shot, where as Vipers can bank into a backward bendy barrel roll and end up close to where they started just at a different angle
  • Vipers are, for some reason, cheaper than Fangs outside of the uniques so you don't lose as much when they pop.

If Fangs are like Interceptors or A-Wings, then Vipers are like B-Wings that traded shields for agility.  They are brawlers/knife fighters.  If you have a pair of them put them on the board naked along side a more threatening piece like Boba Fett or Fenn Rau plus an Escape Craft and try them out.

I  toying with the idea of suicide Zs.  4 of them with something else.  Just run them up and try to mess something up.  True, there is a down side, but the idea of it is just fun.  Just run up and try to take things with you.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, martini74 said:

I  toying with the idea of suicide Zs.  4 of them with something else.  Just run them up and try to mess something up.  True, there is a down side, but the idea of it is just fun.  Just run up and try to take things with you.

Something else like Kath Scarlett maybe? Kath w/Marauder and 4x Z's w/Deadman's Switches leaves you 16 points for a Gunner or Talent on Kath, or other upgrades to your liking.

Firespray-class Patrol Craft - •Kath Scarlet - 80
    •Kath Scarlet - Captain of the Binayre Pirates (74)
        •Marauder (6)

Z-95-AF4 Headhunter - Binayre Pirate - 26
    Binayre Pirate - (24)
        Deadman’s Switch (2)

Binayre Pirate - (24)
        Deadman’s Switch (2)

Binayre Pirate - (24)
        Deadman’s Switch (2)

Binayre Pirate - (24)
        Deadman’s Switch (2)

Total: 184/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Edited by NeonWolf

Now that Z-95s are Hyperspace legal, here is a list I put together. I might could get rid of the Escape Craft and add a Mining Guild Tie just to let the Z-95s hunt some more.

Escape Craft - •L3-37 - 28
    •L3-37 - Droid Revolutionary (26)
        Tactical Officer (2)

Firespray-class Patrol Craft - Bounty Hunter - 82
    Bounty Hunter - (66)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)
        •Qi’ra (2)
        •Marauder (6)
        Veteran Tail Gunner (4)

Z-95-AF4 Headhunter - Black Sun Soldier - 28
    Black Sun Soldier - (27)
        Crack Shot (1)

Black Sun Soldier - (27)
        Crack Shot (1)

Black Sun Soldier - (27)
        Crack Shot (1)

Total: 194/200

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Teacherbytes said:

Now that Z-95s are Hyperspace legal, here is a list I put together. I might could get rid of the Escape Craft and add a Mining Guild Tie just to let the Z-95s hunt some more.

Escape Craft - •L3-37 - 28
    •L3-37 - Droid Revolutionary (26)
        Tactical Officer (2)

Firespray-class Patrol Craft - Bounty Hunter - 82
    Bounty Hunter - (66)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)
        •Qi’ra (2)
        •Marauder (6)
        Veteran Tail Gunner (4)

Black Sun Soldier - (27)
        Crack Shot (1)

Black Sun Soldier - (27)
        Crack Shot (1)

Black Sun Soldier - (27)
        Crack Shot (1)

Total: 194/200

Drop HLC, Qi'ra and either Tac Officer or a couple Cracks and you can upgrade the Bounty Hunter to Kath Scarlet. :) Or drop HLC and Vet Tail and you can do the same. Vet Tail is a royal pain in the tail to trigger.

Edited by Hiemfire

8 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Drop HLC, Qi'ra and either Tac Officer or a couple Cracks and you can upgrade the Bounty Hunter to Kath Scarlet. :) Or drop HLC and Vet Tail and you can do the same. Vet Tail is a royal pain in the tail to trigger.

Vet Tail Gunner could be easier to trigger against the Droid Swarms that may be making an appearance soon. Never tried using it myself so not sure.