Sign in to follow this  
TasteTheRainbow

I want to be able to field every list. How many of each wave 3 expansion do I need?

2 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

We don’t know until points.

This would be my answer. I also think one of each is going to give you a great big pile of different lists that will all be at least serviceable. Put until points we don't know how many Jedi we need or how many Vultures to a swarm. 

8 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Surely we know some reasonable minimums before points.

Guesstimates at best. We have a better idea on vulture droids than we do on jedi fighters. My guess is Jedi fighters will be either extremely under or extremely over costed. Ffg has priced force at a premium before, but they want sales and may go with lower cost until they realize they need to balance again (or sales diminish)

8 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

Yep. Same here. Especially since i'm buy 8 Aethersprites to get all the unique paintjobs.

Lemme know when you get a Mace Windu paint job done. I want to commission somebody to do one for me.  

10 minutes ago, ccjacks3 said:

Lemme know when you get a Mace Windu paint job done. I want to commission somebody to do one for me.  

I've got a buddy who doesn't play but paints most of my ships. I can give you his email address if you're interested.

4 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

On the bright side, they’re not going to be as much of a pain to store as ships like the ARC.

Games Product Plus pluck foam in 1" height will store at least four ARCs off their bases. Another 1" block will allow dials and tokens and such. I fit 2 K-wings, 2 ARCs, and 2 Y-wings in a 1st Ed. in one 1" block. 

I haven't tried it yet but I think you can get 4 ARCs assembled on their medium bases into one 2.5" block with enough space for their maneuver dials and unused ship tokens. I'm certain you can do them assembled in the 3" foam. Not sure how well they will travel though. I keep many of my small base ships assembled in the 2" foam with little issue. You do have to be careful of catching the guns on X-wings taking them out. 

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/accessories/gaming-supplies/foam-trays.html

It is kind of weird using it since you pull so much foam out and discard it but you get a lot more customization than with the pre-cut stuff. 

17 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

It is kind of weird using it since you pull so much foam out and discard it but you get a lot more customization than with the pre-cut stuff

Yeah I’ve been using pluck foam for a while now. Got a couple big cases—meant for pistols or something I think?—on sale that had pluck foam in them already.

2 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Yeah I’ve been using pluck foam for a while now. Got a couple big cases—meant for pistols or something I think?—on sale that had pluck foam in them already.

I used it for both my Armada and X-wing. It was a very good choice and I know some crafty people who use the plucked foam for things so it doesn't just go in the trash after I've made my tray. 

2 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

I used it for both my Armada and X-wing. It was a very good choice and I know some crafty people who use the plucked foam for things so it doesn't just go in the trash after I've made my tray. 

I have a bag of plucked pieces so I can use them as filler when I adjust things for new ships 😜

1 minute ago, SpiderMana said:

I have a bag of plucked pieces so I can use them as filler when I adjust things for new ships 😜

Yep. Kept some for that too. There was just so much. I used like 24 blocks of the stuff. 6 ea. of 4 different sizes. 

50 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

I've got a buddy who doesn't play but paints most of my ships. I can give you his email address if you're interested.

Yes, please! That'd be helpful. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Image result for lucrehulk class battleship

A Lucrehulk-class battleship carries 1,500 Vultures.  So I would go with that.

It's almost like they expected the Naboo to actually put up a fight....

with their ten Royal Starfighters. 

Nah, don't worry about it; we've got about 15,000 vultures with ten battleships out here. Nobody's even gonna scratch our Droid control ship. 

Buuahahaaa. BUUAHAHAAA. BOOOooooohHHhhhhAAaAhAaahAaahAaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fail. 

Edited by Bucknife

8 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

The Vulture Blister pack comes with buzz droids, with are printed as "Limited 3". 

You don't want to get more than three Vulture packs. 

Well. Unless you want more of that paint job.