Skitch_

Separatists or Republic

2 minutes ago, Kleeg005 said:

The CIS has all the jank that I wish Scum had.  And the Republic has Jedi, as Jedi were meant to be..  Hhhhhrrrrmmmmm....

I agree with this. Remotes feel really janky and tricky and scummy to me. Things that I don't really see in the Scum faction right now. I hope Scum gets something that make them feel distinct.

1 hour ago, Skitchx said:

I agree with this. Remotes feel really janky and tricky and scummy to me. Things that I don't really see in the Scum faction right now. I hope Scum gets something that make them feel distinct.

Personally I think they could add remotes to other factions without taking away from faction identity too much? I don't necessarily expect we'll see them, but we could.

Just now, SpiderMana said:

Personally I think they could add remotes to other factions without taking away from faction identity too much? I don't necessarily expect we'll see them, but we could.

Part of the design for Remotes seems to be making CIS feel more "swarmy" without violating the 8-ship limit (or pushing them towards 8 ship lists all the time). 

I'm sure we'll see remotes in other factions eventually, but I doubt any will have remotes core to their faction design other than CIS.

I have always been keen on doing the Confederates, I mean Separatists.  I have always liked using Tie Fighters and these things look even cooler with the struts and missiles and all that.  I don't have much interest in anything other than the Vultures and Hyenas, but will get at least one Bellalubulla.

19 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I don't have much interest in anything other than the Vultures and Hyenas,

Thankfully it looks like Hyenas will have access to the Tec Relay slot so just running Vultures and them wouldn't be that big of a handicap, if it is at all. :) (Personally planning on running a Vulture & Hyena Swarm with as many remotes as I can get away with. Looks like 4 slots worth, 3 Discord Missiles and 1 DRK-1 Probe Droids device upgrade, for a total of five right now).

43 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Thankfully it looks like Hyenas will have access to the Tec Relay slot so just running Vultures and them wouldn't be that big of a handicap, if it is at all. :) (Personally planning on running a Vulture & Hyena Swarm with as many remotes as I can get away with. Looks like 4 slots worth, 3 Discord Missiles and 1 DRK-1 Probe Droids device upgrade, for a total of five right now).

Hopefully Hyenas have the slot, and they aren't just using the Hyena as a way to pass out a new Tac Relay for the other ships. That will certainly be a fun swarm; even a B-22 with Hyenas and Vultures sounds like a very interesting list.

6 minutes ago, dsul413 said:

Hopefully Hyenas have the slot, and they aren't just using the Hyena as a way to pass out a new Tac Relay for the other ships. That will certainly be a fun swarm; even a B-22 with Hyenas and Vultures sounds like a very interesting list.

I'm weird, but a generics B-22 squad sounds fun to me period. :D 

I'm getting two republic Arcs and the squadron pack. I will decide later how much I feel the need for additional blisters if I can't run the squads I want with those and my current rebel arc.

2 hours ago, skotothalamos said:

b958f0fee7.png

Bellalabalubba's dead

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Do you think the Hyenas will have the Tec Relay slot?  So, tactical droids?   I didn't think so, but I do hope so.   

I wouldn't think that having a bunch of Vultures and Hyenas with various missile upgrades would be a bad thing.  I worry a bit about loading them with too much stuff.  I guess it depends on the price of the Discord Missiles and Energy Shell Charges.  I'm most excited about the later.

5 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Bellalabalubba's dead

Do you think the Hyenas will have the Tec Relay slot?  So, tactical droids?   I didn't think so, but I do hope so.   

I wouldn't think that having a bunch of Vultures and Hyenas with various missile upgrades would be a bad thing.  I worry a bit about loading them with too much stuff.  I guess it depends on the price of the Discord Missiles and Energy Shell Charges.  I'm most excited about the later.

Belbullab can take the upgrade and it doesn't have space for a passenger and both it and the Hyena come with Tac Relay upgrades. I think the hint is in the name, relay. Like a mobile radio signal repeater much in the same way we use satellites now. :) I could be wrong and they're just throwing one in which would benefit the Hyena if equipped to a capable chassis.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Skitchx said:

I think you mean Bellalubullabuballubababalulab

No it is the

100w-hps-led-replace-bulb-bercac222405ul

As for the question. I myself was really strict against entering any of the new factions. I am already happy, that I never bought the blue core or any ST stuff. Leaving us in the family with only the original 3 factions. Buuuut still 85 ships - hey, I like painting and we like generics, and HotAC, ok :)

So eldest child is interested in Separatists, mainly the Infiltrator.

And I have 3 Arcs, and always wanted to have a generic Arc as well.....

Guess I would have to sell some ships, but everyone in the family has a different faction as main. D a m n plastic crack.

Edited by Managarmr
spelling

11 hours ago, Skitchx said:

I think you mean Bellalubullabuballubababalulab

Blabbermouth?

Bellboy?

Syllabub?

Bubblebath?

I'd be surprised if a pure droid force can't take a tactical relay, but being asked to take either a Hyeena or a 'named' Vulture wouldn't surprise me - I don't recall seeing any indications a Vulture can equip Talents (and it'd feel a bit wierd if they can) so Tactical Relay slots might be available to unique Vulture 'leaders' instead. Solitary means you only need one such slot in the force, anyway. 

I'm still a swarm player at heart so I guess the CIS it is. Need to start practicising an unconvincing totally-not-George-Takei nemoidian accent.

I haven’t ordered anything... but I have at least two Republic expansions incoming!

I ‘suggested’ them to friends and family as gifts for my birthday, which was last week, and two people have told me they have pre-ordered something for me... ;)

Ok, but the real question is if Republic faces off against Republic then who's executing order 66?

For me though? Separatists all the way. The Republic were the bad guys. Sorta. Eventually. Just ignore that slightly murderous blockade that happened that one time.

11 minutes ago, HealOverTime said:

Just ignore that slightly murderous blockade that happened that one time.

That always confused me. The Trade Federation were supposed to have an almost complete monopoly on large-scale interstellar cargo shipping. Who were they blockading it against?

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

That always confused me. The Trade Federation were supposed to have an almost complete monopoly on large-scale interstellar cargo shipping. Who were they blockading it against?

I have always assumed that Naboo got tired of paying the extortion taxes or the Trade Federation decided their monopoly wasn't paying enough and turned the screws up more. Perhaps Naboo had tried to go outside of the monopoly or something.

There was also the part where you know Palpatine was manipulating all of the events to gain more power for himself.

It seemed likely that Palps pushed some measure through or prodded a little here and a little there using his influence as a Senator from Naboo to get the thing he knew would set off the Federation passed. Then of course he prodded and poked the Federation into the blockade though I don't think it would take much of a push to make greedy monopolists do things to get themselves more money. 

Palpatine set the entire thing up to make himself Chancellor. 

Edited by Frimmel