Sign in to follow this  
SpiderMana

ARC Article - Hammer the Opposition

On 3/14/2019 at 9:23 AM, Magnus Grendel said:

Well, avoid putting any upgrades at all on it and you've got a 2 attack, 2 agility, 5 hit fighter. It's a TIE/sa bomber with a "hull downgrade", or a TIE/ag aggressor with a shield converted to hull (both 30 points), so a price in the order of 26-28 points for the cheapest generic sounds about right.

It's clearly better than a Z-95 (23), but making it about the same as a TIE/fo (28) sounds about right - 1 less health but an extra defence die, a shield token to soak a critical on the first hit, and a superior dial. 

I'd be shocked if they cost 30 points, much less more than 30.

Great points, all around.

V19 is the Republic TIE, but with a vastly worse dial and less agility. Arguably outclassed by the Z95 who has shields. 

If they're not 20-24 points, then nobody's flying 'em. 

Edited by Bucknife

40 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

Great points, all around.

V19 is the Republic TIE, but with a vastly worse dial and less agility. Arguably outclassed by the Z95 who has shields. 

If they're not 20-24 points, then nobody's flying 'em. 

I'm calling 25 I think, the white barrel roll and option to link to an evade is nice compared with the Z. 

But you make great points, the dial is much worse and no shields does hurt. They're both just going to be cheap missile carriers/filler.

On 3/15/2019 at 2:25 PM, wurms said:

Yeah, I have a sneaking suspicion the four pilot cardboards are gonna be something like Oddball/Oddball, Wolffe/Wolffe, Sinker/ps3 generic, Jag/ps2 generic.

If they were going to do this, why would they waste the cardboard and ink on making 4 bases when they could get away with 3? It would probably save them less than a cent per unit, but they print thousands of these (tens of thousands?) so it would add up quick.