Sign in to follow this  
Frimmel

The ARC-170 Preview We've been looking for!!

Very excited for these. It seems like your generic pilots will be able to take Dedicated. The Seventh Fleet Gunner also seems neat. 

swz33_7th-fleet-upgrade.png

A big thing with the ARCs lately is not getting a lot of use out of the rear firing arc and making good use of the gunner slot. This is very nice though seems a bit "one time use" since getting the charge back means giving up on attacking for the turn. 

Wolffe seems a beast. 

swz33_wolffe.png

10 minutes ago, GreyOne said:

Also, the dial shown in the article is the same as the Rebel ARC-170 dial from the conversion kit, thus potentially allowing you to fly more than one Republic ARC-170 with a single pack if you already have a couple of Rebel ARC models and the Rebel conversion kit.

6 pilots means that, with the conversion kit, you can field 3 ARC-170's. Not too bad if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, impspy said:

6 pilots means that, with the conversion kit, you can field 3 ARC-170's. Not too bad if you ask me.

Given that it looks like there are four ship tokens fielding three Republic ARCs with one new expansion and 2 converted 1.0 Rebel ARCs doesn't seem unrealistic. 

swz33_spread.png

5 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

Given that it looks like there are four ship tokens fielding three Republic ARCs with one new expansion and 2 converted 1.0 Rebel ARCs doesn't seem unrealistic. 

Or getting to field three Rebel ARCs, for that matter.

The real question is what combination of pilots can you get out of just one Expac? 😜 

Ill get two eventually anyways, probably three or four let’s be real, but I’m curious what I can do with what I’ve got so far.

3 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

The real question is what combination of pilots can you get out of just one Expac? 😜 

Ill get two eventually anyways, probably three or four let’s be real, but I’m curious what I can do with what I’ve got so far.

Looks like all named ones are on one side and probably generics on the other? At least that's how it's displayed, but we've seen names on both sides before. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

swz33_spread.png

I wish I had another republic ARC 170 dial. I have an old rebel ARC (but no rebel conversion kit) that isnt getting much tlc atm. 

Edited by ccjacks3

7 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Only if you've got the Rebel 2e dials for them.

I did note "converted" Rebel ARCs didn't I? You get two dials and medium bases in the Rebel conversion kit. It will all be dependent on points and how the ship tokens are apportioned but there is a good chance. And since I'm getting at least two of these expansions anyway I am going to be ARC-170 enabled. 

Posted (edited)

6 Pilots are:

• Sinker
  • Oddball
  • Jag
  • Wolffe
  • 104th
  • Squad Seven

4 bases, so one for the named pilots on the front, and probably 2 each of the generics on the back.

The main constraint will be pilot cards if you want to fly generics.

Edited by XPav

1 minute ago, ccjacks3 said:

I wish I had another republic ARC 170 dial. I have an old rebel ARC that isnt getting much tlc atm. 

I have an extra Rebel ARC 2.0 dial, if you’re able to pay shipping? PM me if you want.

Just now, ccjacks3 said:

I wish I had another republic ARC 170 dial. I have an old rebel ARC that isnt getting much tlc atm. 

2E ARC-170 bits broken out of Rebel Conversion kits are some of the cheaper pieces offered on eBay. The dials and pilots are plentiful. The medium bases is the tougher get. 

2 minutes ago, XPav said:

6 Pilots are:

• Sinker
  • Oddball
  • Jag
  • "someone"
  • 104th
  • Squad Seven

4 bases, so one for the named pilots on the front, and probably 2 each of the generics on the back.

Wolffe

Agreed on pilot cards, but you could pull off a mixed list with named pilots at least.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, XPav said:

6 Pilots are:

• Sinker
  • Oddball
  • Jag
  • "someone"
  • 104th
  • Squad Seven

"Someone" is Wolffe. We know the I5 is Oddball and the I4 is Wolffe. Looks like they're showing the two named I3 so Jag and Sinker. So 2 and 2 for the generics on the flip sides probably? Assuming that we do in fact get four ship tokens in the expansion. 

If you subscribe to the idea that the ARC-170 isn't going to get a Rebel re-print anytime soon, getting the four tokens seems a consumer friendly choice. 

Edited by Frimmel
"arc-170 isn't going to" which war originally "is"

1 hour ago, Skitchx said:

Yeah, was just about to post a link then saw this. Wolffe looks fun.  Fix: Wolffe looks broken with Chancellor Palpatine if they undercost him. 

Doesn't mean I won't fly the **** out of him! Palpatine also looks good on Jag: you basically become super 000. Instead of deciding whether I get a calculate or you get a stress, we decide if I get a lock or you get a stress! I'm glad there are now reasons for Republic to not immediately flip him to Darth Sidious (which is a good strat for Jedi-heavy lists, I am sure).

I like they synergy between Oddball and R4-P44, but I think the droid might have a higher skill ceiling on a Jedi. And Commander Cody looks pretty good on your highest-init ship.