bigbucky

New form fillable character sheet with auto-calculation

Posted (edited)

I think this originally came from drainsmith.  I wanted to make something that would calculate the dice pool based on your characteristic and rank in the skill.  The FFG sheets have a lot of wasted space for that rank graphic, imo.  Now you can type in any skill name, click the dropdown to the right of the name and select the characteristic.  Then enter a rank and it shows the dice pool. 

I added an extra page to write out more talents as the pyramid is pretty hard to read.  Also you can click on the crits and it will put a little difficulty diamond there.   You can even click on the layer menu and hide the background so it won't print.

Hope this is useful!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rJOYC4jQQYTs-4t3nF1X19t8dhOb-3yq

Untitled3.png.7c48ed8d74d304c20472757e4493ed0a.png2.png

Edited by bigbucky

15 hours ago, bigbucky said:

I think this originally came from drainsmith.  I wanted to make something that would calculate the dice pool based on your characteristic and rank in the skill.  The FFG sheets have a lot of wasted space for that rank graphic, imo.  Now you can type in any skill name, click the dropdown to the right of the name and select the characteristic.  Then enter a rank and it shows the dice pool. 

I added an extra page to write out more talents as the pyramid is pretty hard to read.  Also you can click on the crits and it will put a little difficulty diamond there.   You can even click on the layer menu and hide the background so it won't print.

Hope this is useful!

Very nice!  Very, very nice!  Because it is so nice, and you have skill with the Javascripting, I'm offering a few suggestions that would make it even closer to perfect to my eye.

1)  Pre-entering the standard skills would slightly increase the odds someone would use the sheet.

2)  Add a <none> or blank option in the Characteristic field in the skills table.  If someone clicks on an empty row by accident, or removes a skill, they currently can't remove the characteristic.

3)  For Crits, have the diamonds autofill to the left, so that people can click on the severity once and the whole difficulty shows.  This one requires some additional code, and may not be worth doing.

I've made a bunch of sheets, but this one may be my favorite.  I hope you don't take these suggestions the wrong way!

6 hours ago, TheSapient said:

Very nice!  Very, very nice!  Because it is so nice, and you have skill with the Javascripting, I'm offering a few suggestions that would make it even closer to perfect to my eye.

1)  Pre-entering the standard skills would slightly increase the odds someone would use the sheet.

2)  Add a <none> or blank option in the Characteristic field in the skills table.  If someone clicks on an empty row by accident, or removes a skill, they currently can't remove the characteristic.

3)  For Crits, have the diamonds autofill to the left, so that people can click on the severity once and the whole difficulty shows.  This one requires some additional code, and may not be worth doing.

I've made a bunch of sheets, but this one may be my favorite.  I hope you don't take these suggestions the wrong way!

Those are great ideas.  I should be able to do 1 and 2 pretty easily.  I've tried 3 before and it's a bit of a pain but I'll look at it again.

1 and 2 done

Gonna have to put 3 on hold for a while as I've got other stuff I'm working on now.  May come back to it later.

Also if you have any other backgrounds you want added send them to me.  It's pretty easy to have a couple different background themes that you can toggle off and on.

On 3/12/2019 at 11:27 PM, bigbucky said:

Hope this is useful!

Untitled3.png.7c48ed8d74d304c20472757e4493ed0a.png2.png

I clicked the link and it takes me to a pdf that isn't form-fillable.  Is it a problem on my end?

1 hour ago, kkahl395 said:

I clicked the link and it takes me to a pdf that isn't form-fillable.  Is it a problem on my end?

If you try to use it directly from the Drive link, I don't think i will work. I had to download it and open it in a PDF reader (Adobe or Foxit) to gain the functionality.

7 hours ago, klempad said:

If you try to use it directly from the Drive link, I don't think i will work. I had to download it and open it in a PDF reader (Adobe or Foxit) to gain the functionality.

It still didn't work.  I'll keep trying.

13 hours ago, bigbucky said:

Are you using Acrobat?  It works in that for me.  You can open the file but you can't change the names of the skills?

Using Acrobat Reader, I was able to redo the Skill list into a Terrinoth-specific format. 😊