Indy_com

How Many Potential Future Corps/Spec-Ops Units Are Left?

Now that the Echo Base Troopers (Rebel Veterans) have been announced, I was wondering exactly how many types of Corps/Spec-Ops the Rebels have left.

The only ones I can think of are Grounded Rebel Pilots, Rebel Jetpack Troopers, Bespin's Wing Guard, the Desert Troopers and (at a stretch) Saw Gerrera's Partisans.

If there are any other kinds of rebel "infantry" that could be used, feel free to mention them.

Image of the Desert Trooper:

499?cb=20180218024620

At this point, if we do get more Corp it’ll probably be after the clone wars cycle. Even then though, we’ll probably cap at four Corp and maybe some alternate sculpts for posability. (posebility? Pose-ability?)

13 minutes ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

I see partisans as being far more likely than the rebel troopers with A-wing helmets.  But A Lando and Bespin Guard release would be the sweetest thing ever...  Even just as a fleet trooper reskin.

Agreed.  Partisans would be nice for visual purposes alone! 

I evidently painted 1/2 my Rebel Troopers as "Desert Troopers" without realizing it!:D

If you stick to movies:

- Rebel honor guard

-Sandtroopers

- Navy troopers

- Mud troopers (Solo)/ Imperial army 

- Partizans (Saw Gerrera or Enfys Nest)

- Patrol troopers (Solo) 

- Wet-weather gear stromtrooper (Solo)

- Range troopers (Solo) 

- Bespin guards

Can't recall anymore... 

You know Disney has no issue with mining the Extended Univers Legends and there have been many obscure things written there, not to mention what others have said, “they’ll make something up.”

In X-Wing, to have a ship that FF could use to create a huge model, FF worked in conjunction with Disney/Lucasfilm to create the Raider. The ship had not existed anywhere in Star Wars previously, so there is no worry that FF will “run out” of anything.

On 3/12/2019 at 11:05 PM, Tubb said:

If you stick to movies:

- Rebel honor guard

-Sandtroopers

- Navy troopers

- Mud troopers (Solo)/ Imperial army 

- Partizans (Saw Gerrera or Enfys Nest)

- Patrol troopers (Solo) 

- Wet-weather gear stromtrooper (Solo)

- Range troopers (Solo) 

- Bespin guards

Can't recall anymore... 

Just a thought: I'm assuming  Enfys Nest's gang will be called "Marauders." I just hope the they do a set that includes both mounted (on speeder-bikes) and dismounted figures.

6 hours ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

-Bothan spies

-Ewok guerrillas

6 hours ago, aniron said:

All dead I'm afraid.KPgzfpQ.jpg

There is also the fact that the (physical) appearance of bothans has been removed from existing liscenced material.   They (Licasfilm under Disney) may be changing what they look like (I'm hoping for them to be shapeshifters) in the canon.   

Until the bothans get revealed in new media, I think there is zero chance of them.

As many as we keep buying, as others have said. It depends on market saturation as much as anything else. Even if I was to limit myself to stuff that appeared onscreen in the OT there's a lot of rocks left to turn over. They'll keep making stuff as long as we buy it.

Eventually, given enough time, FFG will paint themselves into a game-balance corner because of the "need" to give everything unique stats. Then we'll get a second edition, or we all get tired of proverbial Ugnaught Swarms and wander off, and the game dies of poor sales. Then the Blasted Samophlange or someone can haunt some new forum a decade or so later and tell everyone how we used to do it in Legion and/or in Legion first edition. As you are so were we, as we are so shall you be.

This best case scenario assumes there's no licensing tomfoolery with Disney.

50 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

As many as we keep buying, as others have said. It depends on market saturation as much as anything else. Even if I was to limit myself to stuff that appeared onscreen in the OT there's a lot of rocks left to turn over. They'll keep making stuff as long as we buy it.

Eventually, given enough time, FFG will paint themselves into a game-balance corner because of the "need" to give everything unique stats. Then we'll get a second edition, or we all get tired of proverbial Ugnaught Swarms and wander off, and the game dies of poor sales. Then the Blasted Samophlange or someone can haunt some new forum a decade or so later and tell everyone how we used to do it in Legion and/or in Legion first edition. As you are so were we, as we are so shall you be.

This best case scenario assumes there's no licensing tomfoolery with Disney.

Disney is going to milk Star Wars for all it’s worth.

We still have a number of options for rebels to explore.

Cham Syndulla and Ryloth freedom fighters would be amazing, and actually tie into palpatine walking through the battlefield.

We have ewoks to include.

There is also Saw Gerrera and his partisans.  These alone could offer a great deal of diversity.  

Finally, I would love to see Twilight company get some representation - which, while odd, brings up the possibility of getting a unique corps option.  Often we will see groups of characters that don't fit being s stand alone release, but could work as a unique squad.