Sign in to follow this  
Silver_leader

Playing Poe

Little question: how do you fly Poe ? 

Do you try to get him in the flank or in the back of the opponent, or you bring him with the bulk of your squad to get more firepower up front, even if that emans that eh will be the first target of your opponent ?

Thanks !

As a rule, I'd suggest trying to avoid sending him up the centre. A T-70 X-wing isn't exactly 'fragile' but nor is it massively hard to kill, and Poe's ability doesn't make him any tougher than a normal T-70* in the way, for example, that Joph Seastriker or Jessika Pava's do, and he is about as expensive as X-wings get. 

He can do well in an aggressive squad but generally he's one of the units you generally want in a good shape for the end-game, so trying to take the opening engagement from the flank, or at long range with torpedoes (where he's less likely to get pummelled) is a good idea. 

* Okay, technically "I used a target lock and still have a focus to defend with", but that's still just a T-70 with a focus token and you've stressed yourself in the process. 

Flanking in the early game is best. Most opponents I've played him against see him as a major threat and will chase him. If you can hit his pursuers with the rest of your list then play him as the mouse.

If they do leave him alone in the early game then flank with him and take pot shots like others have already suggested.

I personally prefer HLC over torps though. It keeps his cost lower and I prefer to run BB astros so he won't have too much issue lining it up. 

You do really want him as your last ship if possible. I'd only ever want to trade him for a ship if it were significantly more expensive than he is.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the answers ! 

I played with Poe in a squad with Zari, Bastian and Lulo. In my games, I used Lulo as the flanker, and Poe was jousting with Bastian and Zari. I was wondering if I got the good strategy since everyone was targeting Poe.

I also tried to play him with Lulo and Rey, again using Lulo as the flanker. Less success, since Poe was targeted and not Rey. 

Edited by Silver_leader