Sign in to follow this  
Suermel

Interdictor with G-8 Experimental Projector

Hey Guys, 

yesterday i had a game, where i played Imperium. My Opponent had a MC80, Yavaris an GR75 with lots of Fighters and Bombers. 

My Interdictor in the center was equipped with a G-8 Experimental Projector. The Card says i can temporary reduce the speed of one enemy ship by on to a minimum of 0 until the end of the maneuver. 

In my case the MC80 was at speed 1 in Range of all 3 of my ships. I reduced the speed to 0 -> it couldn't use defensive tokens. 

Am i right that the G-8 affects his speed until the end of the round? Or did i use it wrong and it just affects his speed and after he ends his "determine course" step he is back on speed 1? 

Thanks for your help!

Greetings

G8.JPG

0cc1e031-0959-4669-839a-7d3c96026b0b.jpg

Posted (edited)

The G-8’s effect wears off “at the end of the maneuver,” meaning your opponent returns to their original speed.  Your opponent can’t be attacked during their maneuver (at least not with any currently existing cards), only before or after it, so the G-8 does not affect the spending of defense tokens.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

I take advantage of this topic to ask a question. 

During a game against a friend, i found myself in a situation where his MC80 (speed 1) was slowed down by my G-8 to 0 at the end of the maneuver phase. The fact is that by changing the speed of the MC80 to 0 the battleship finished moving over an asteroid field. And this was repeated for 2 successive rounds. Should the overlap damage be counted only the first time the ship lands on the obstacle or all the turns?

9 minutes ago, OberMatthew said:

I take advantage of this topic to ask a question. 

During a game against a friend, i found myself in a situation where his MC80 (speed 1) was slowed down by my G-8 to 0 at the end of the maneuver phase. The fact is that by changing the speed of the MC80 to 0 the battleship finished moving over an asteroid field. And this was repeated for 2 successive rounds. Should the overlap damage be counted only the first time the ship lands on the obstacle or all the turns?

All rounds.  You still “move” during a speed zero maneuver, you just don’t go anywhere (and therefore you end your maneuver overlapping that asteroid field each time.)

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, PodRacer said:

Just for clarity when is g8 declared? 

Effectively:

When the enemy picks up his maneuver tool to plot a course, but before they actually “decide” on a course and lock it in.

You MUST declare it or not before they decide to resolve a Navigate Command.

Edited by Drasnighta

1 minute ago, PodRacer said:

OK, so they get to move their ship with the knowledge g8 will or won't be in use, as a opposed to after notching 

(usually around the time I remember I have g8s!) 

51 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

(usually around the time I remember I have g8s!) 

53 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

OK, so they get to move their ship with the knowledge g8 will or won't be in use, as a opposed to after notching 

Correct. This was FAQd to stop back-and-Forth’s of “I do this, then you do that, so I don’t bother doing it in the first place”, as well as “gotcha!”s