Sign in to follow this  
Giffdev

ArkhamDB forbidden cards error

Hey all, call me crazy (I have taken a lot of horror), but I tried for the first time today to enter my deck into ArkhamDB, and I keep getting an error that for Rex Murphy, I can't include the level 0 cards Lucky! and Dumb Luck.  When I use their filter system, it seems to only "know" about the upper level versions of those cards.  Is this a bug?  How do I report it?  Is there a workaround?

rexmurphy.PNG

Posted (edited)

I am also confused as to how you have both Zebulon Whatley and The Relic of Ages in the same deck and only 9 xp.

Edited by Jobu

This isn't my "starter" deck, I acquired Zebulon through a campaign story element.  I missed the "no Fortune cards" restriction!  D'oh!  Thanks for the sharp eyes on that.

I wish I knew who made ArkhamDB because it would be super helpful to get the "why" behind the error.  Just telling me "forbidden card" led me to not be sure what aspect was forbidden

1 hour ago, Giffdev said:

This isn't my "starter" deck, I acquired Zebulon through a campaign story element.  I missed the "no Fortune cards" restriction!  D'oh!  Thanks for the sharp eyes on that.

I'm curious about this too, since they're from different campaigns.

Are you playing Dunwich and The Forgotten Age back to back? If so, how are you finding it?

Yeah, it's easy to miss, since you're kind of trained to stop reading after the signatures and the Fortune restriction (unlike Carolyn's Weapon restriction) is pretty minor. But, yeah, Rex Murphy is spectacularly unlucky, so he can't ever cards that imply luckiness.

I help with the data on the db, @Giffdev, but I didn't make it. Does the parenthetical 'cards not permitted by investigator' not help? That is meant to point you towards checking what is and isn't permitted for an investigator. 

Best, F

There are a lot of information already about what the problem might be.

• In order to see the card at all, you had to have gone to the Options menu and enabled the checkbox to "Show unusable cards"
  • In the card selection window, the selection box (for card quantity, 0-1-2) is greyed out
  • After adding the card to the deck, the Forbidden card's name is stikedout
  • The top level warning about the deck containing Forbidden Cards

1 hour ago, zooeyglass said:

I help with the data on the db, @Giffdev, but I didn't make it. Does the parenthetical 'cards not permitted by investigator' not help? That is meant to point you towards checking what is and isn't permitted for an investigator. 

Best, F

That message is what enabled me to figure out what was wrong.  I found it helpful.

On 3/12/2019 at 6:38 AM, Faranim said:

There are a lot of information already about what the problem might be.

• In order to see the card at all, you had to have gone to the Options menu and enabled the checkbox to "Show unusable cards"
  • In the card selection window, the selection box (for card quantity, 0-1-2) is greyed ou

If you use the search box to add cards neither of these bullets seems to apply. I can add "Lucky!" by text string to my deck so I didn't have to go to option's menu and similarly the selection box is not greyed when the card comes up. Agree with your other points, and as an aside I've played Rex for several campaigns and never noticed the "no fortune" restriction, mind you there are only ~7 level 0 cards across Rogue/Survivor this would apply to so I can see why it never came up. 

Btw, I tend to agree the error from Arkham DB is fairly clear.