Fuzzywookie

2 articles in 5 days.

2 minutes ago, geek19 said:

I DIDN'T GET EVERYTHING I WANTED IN THE ARTICLE, WHICH WAS SPECIFICALLY BEING TOLD I'M A SPECIAL BOI WHO GETS A FREE COST SSD! Armada dead, game terrible, FFG hates us, not enough buttpats for meeeeee!

Anything I forgot to add?

This is so ture it's sad. I feel that FFG could anounce the largest wave ever and some people would still say "FFG does not support Armada"

I'm not saying I don't like the attention.  But we got two articles that gave us nothing new.  I can't complain too much about the interview article.  They aren't about introducing new material, but how long has FFG been milking the SSD.  Heaven forbid you are a rebel player or just don't want to spend $200 on your next fig, but still want to be engaged in the hobby.

They didn't even tell us WHEN we were getting the SSD.

I get that we didn’t get anything new from this article. Since those of us that frequent this corner of the internet already saw all this info back in December....but this is good publicity for a game we all love. This could(?) bring more interest in the game. An article is never something to complain about, in my opinion, but I try to look on the bright side.

16 hours ago, geek19 said:

I DIDN'T GET EVERYTHING I WANTED IN THE ARTICLE, WHICH WAS SPECIFICALLY BEING TOLD I'M A SPECIAL BOI WHO GETS A FREE COST SSD! Armada dead, game terrible, FFG hates us, not enough buttpats for meeeeee!

Anything I forgot to add?

You forgot to mention anything about Armada 2.0!

The interview was very informative. It revealed the existenxe of a new vawe and its announcement date too.

The second article is for people outside the community I guess. We all know about the little leaflet but potential new players don't. For them this article is huge news and I guess that was the intention. Don't forget that the way FFG told us about the SSD was rather unorthodox. The traditional way is via articles. And it also reaches more potential customers.

We can still be happy about the interview. And FFG could indicate with minimal effort that Armada is not dead yet.

20 hours ago, xero989 said:

This is so ture it's sad. I feel that FFG could anounce the largest wave ever and some people would still say "FFG does not support Armada"

Oh come on now, take off your rose-colored glasses. Some of you guys love to be the big shiny defender of FFG, like they don't deserve any of our criticism. Neither of the articles have been interesting to me, though I'll admit I'm not a fan of the SSD. We haven't had a new wave for a LONG time, you **** well know everyone would be happy seeing something NEW.

I am happy that FFG is paying attention, so I'm doing my best to give them some credit and wait. What I'm not happy about is this kind of attitude that craps on the community for caring. I'm sorry you have to see some complaints about a game on the internet, must be rough. 

1 hour ago, IronNerd said:

Oh come on now, take off your rose-colored glasses. Some of you guys love to be the big shiny defender of FFG, like they don't deserve any of our criticism. Neither of the articles have been interesting to me, though I'll admit I'm not a fan of the SSD. We haven't had a new wave for a LONG time, you **** well know everyone would be happy seeing something NEW.

I am happy that FFG is paying attention, so I'm doing my best to give them some credit and wait. What I'm not happy about is this kind of attitude that craps on the community for caring. I'm sorry you have to see some complaints about a game on the internet, must be rough. 

I have complained and critsized FFG for how things have been handled, but we have received an update that we will get a new expansion announcement, an official update on the SSD not super specific, but an update, community content, and an artical about the SSD we knew most that info already, but something about upcoming product is something, and amidst all this is complaining, I know things are not perfect and its taken longer for the SSD then it should have, and updates were slower then they should have, but we are getting content and we know we have future content and when that content is anounced there will be excited people, but there will be a crowd that says something along the lines "well the new content is not what I wanted Armada is dead." "Its just going to take 5 years to come out so what's the point." Etc. There is a time to criticize, but knowing we have content coming after the SSD and we will know what that content is in just over 2 weeks from now and knowing the SSD is close it should make now a great time to be an Armada player, but it seams to not be the case. Maybe we will see a difference once the new expansion is officially announced, and I hope I eat my words then but only time can tell.

4 hours ago, xero989 said:

I have complained and critsized FFG for how things have been handled, but we have received an update that we will get a new expansion announcement, an official update on the SSD not super specific, but an update, community content, and an artical about the SSD we knew most that info already, but something about upcoming product is something, and amidst all this is complaining, I know things are not perfect and its taken longer for the SSD then it should have, and updates were slower then they should have, but we are getting content and we know we have future content and when that content is anounced there will be excited people, but there will be a crowd that says something along the lines "well the new content is not what I wanted Armada is dead." "Its just going to take 5 years to come out so what's the point." Etc. There is a time to criticize, but knowing we have content coming after the SSD and we will know what that content is in just over 2 weeks from now and knowing the SSD is close it should make now a great time to be an Armada player, but it seams to not be the case. Maybe we will see a difference once the new expansion is officially announced, and I hope I eat my words then but only time can tell.

No one took this negative till you and geek19 anticipated negative reactions.  Overall, the mood around here has been pretty good over the last couple weeks because we are in fact getting SOMETHING, which is exactly what people have been asking for.  Few if anyone has been complaining about the news.  It's a little light on content, but it's attention.  You however are pre-empting non-existing complaints with complaints of your own (albeit in jest).  It actually makes you the negative nelly here, not the folks that have been begging for basically anything for months.

Ironnerd is reacting to the rash over-generalization being thrown towards the people demanding attention from FFG up until recently.  This group had valid concerns, complaints, and wishes.  To assume they'll be ungrateful now that they got what they wanted is a little jerkish no?  Especially when done in a mocking, condescending way.

Everyone is happy we have some news.  Everyone is anticipating more.  Lets all just be friends and move on.  We can start this fight up again later this year when they start ignoring us again.