xero989

SSD article up!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

I haven't been following this, but I noticed it said there are 4 title upgrade cards, and it listed 3: Annihilator, Eclipse, and Executor. Do we know the name of the 4th one? Is there any chance of it being Lusankya?

Its Ravager it lets you spend a con fire token to add a dice to your attack and not just reroll.

Edited by xero989

3 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

I haven't been following this, but I noticed it said there are 4 title upgrade cards, and it listed 3: Annihilator, Eclipse, and Executor. Do we know the name of the 4th one? Is there any chance of it being Lusankya?

YES, PLEASE.. rebel and imperial dual card :D

6 hours ago, Church14 said:

I’m gonna have fun bringing XX-9s to punish any foolish SSD commander who  doesn’t staple DCO to that ship. 

Also, anyone else a bit worried about commander Emperor Palpatine? His ability seems... strong. 

It certainly is good, however it is one use per token so if you declare it then your opponent manages to avoid the worst of your fire through good positioning or crappy dice then it's gone. He's also a sizeable chunk of points. I think he'll definitely see use but deciding what to Palp and when isn't going to be as easy to play as some other admirals.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Frostweasel said:

It certainly is good, however it is one use per token so if you declare it then your opponent manages to avoid the worst of your fire through good positioning or crappy dice then it's gone. He's also a sizeable chunk of points. I think he'll definitely see use but deciding what to Palp and when isn't going to be as easy to play as some other admirals.

Agree. General order to use his ability I assume might be something like: Evade>Brace>Redirect>Contain with Scatter somewhere in between, though is greatly dependent on enemy fleet composition so you'd have to check out your opponent's fleet or be familiar with archtypes. I predict he might prefer stuff that can pour fire across multiple turns like long-range ships or even bomber-carriers

Edit: works on squadrons too so the brace and scatter turn can be used to kill enemy uniques

Edited by Muelmuel

I feel like the only decent reason that x wing got a 2.0 was the massive power creep. So many ships became obsolete because there were new mechanics. In armada, it feels like the ships from wave 1 are used as much as 7. However, a few rule changes, such as flotillas would make sense.  I just want more ships. And maybe more unique squadrons. 

On the SSD article, it does just feel like a reprint of the first article, but I’m still excited for what the expansions going to bring, especially with a 10 die attack, not including command and card effects. Could one shot a few ships and cripple others.

2 hours ago, Kelsier16 said:

I feel like the only decent reason that x wing got a 2.0 was the massive power creep. So many ships became obsolete because there were new mechanics. In armada, it feels like the ships from wave 1 are used as much as 7. However, a few rule changes, such as flotillas would make sense.  I just want more ships. And maybe more unique squadrons. 

On the SSD article, it does just feel like a reprint of the first article, but I’m still excited for what the expansions going to bring, especially with a 10 die attack, not including command and card effects. Could one shot a few ships and cripple others.

I wouldn't hate to see some 'refits' or generic titles for some less used ships. Like the Kuat and Cymoon but for things like Neb Bs, Vics etc. Think the mc80 command could do with the fleet command slot too, I know it wasn't a thing when it was released but it seems daft that it doesn't have it.

1 hour ago, Frostweasel said:

I wouldn't hate to see some 'refits' or generic titles for some less used ships. Like the Kuat and Cymoon but for things like Neb Bs, Vics etc. Think the mc80 command could do with the fleet command slot too, I know it wasn't a thing when it was released but it seems daft that it doesn't have it.

That wouldn’t be unwelcome although not at the expense of actual new ships.

21 hours ago, Crabbok said:

Nothing new sadly - but high res images of some more cards - though the fleet command image looks weird.  

This PROBABLY means its getting close.   It's like they are saying "Maybe in April" without straight up saying it.  

I'm pretty sure this is April 1st release date comfirmed

11 hours ago, DOMSWAT911 said:

And the really important thing in all that is...  "a new expension"

I really wonder what it will be?

A new campaign, a new Armada 2.0, a change for a Armada 1.5, new kind of ship or squadron, a new flotilla.

I hate to be 'that' guy, but do we not all remember the 'something big' announcement from years back.  I've learned that FFG's pre-announcement announcements are worthless until they provide receipts.

Their announcement of a new expansion may just be them saying "Don't worry armada, we have stuff in the pipeline, and you're going to love it!"

1 hour ago, kmanweiss said:

I hate to be 'that' guy, but do we not all remember the 'something big' announcement from years back.  I've learned that FFG's pre-announcement announcements are worthless until they provide receipts.

Their announcement of a new expansion may just be them saying "Don't worry armada, we have stuff in the pipeline, and you're going to love it!"

I mean, If you’ve been paying attention, Armada getting any visible attention from FFG is “something big.”

I do have to wonder how a rebel fleet is supposed to take down an Executor-class Star Dreadnaught in sector fleet games. Even with the extra fleet points, chewing through at least 11 shields and 33 hull while having 8-10 dice being thrown back at you seems... difficult. Not even counting the rest of the Imperial fleet.

Still, I am glad the SSD is so strong in Sector Fleet. It would feel like a waste of points (and money) if it couldn't hold its own and be the apex battleship on the field.