Sign in to follow this  
Pooleman

Legion outpacing X-Wing

21 hours ago, DewbackScout said:

???

Dewback is confused. Perhaps I'm just distracted by the hady aroma of bantha dung and superglue, though.

Y'know, styrene, the material that GW plastics (and most plastic model kits period) are made of. You can use actual plastic cement on it instead of resorting to gooey super glue and sculpted weapons are sharp enough to cut people.

Instead we get a Bones-esque plasti-resin material with really soft details.

1 hour ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Y'know, styrene, the material that GW plastics (and most plastic model kits period) are made of. You can use actual plastic cement on it instead of resorting to gooey super glue and sculpted weapons are sharp enough to cut people.

It’s harder than the Rune Wars minis were. Soft is misleading. 

1 hour ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

As long as it doesn't affect the price point too much. I'm willing to pay less for plasti-resin since you can't really tell much of difference at tabletop distance anyway.

It would be cool if they split the difference. Maybe do limited run resculpts for heroes in styrene to sell to the high end model crowd. Maybe the con exclusive Vader is a dry run to gauge interest for a bigger move in that direction.

1 hour ago, costi said:

The FFG plastic can take a lot of punishment though, it is not as brittle as styrene. 

That's what I like about it. There's pros and cons to everything. I'm having more fun with my Legion minis than I've had with GW in a long time. I think harder plastic with firmer edges would suck the fun out of this.