zwara81

Wild Guess: dewback rider and [insert here] are next

32 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

Unlike their releases in Imperial Assault, FFG really, really seems to avoid named squads in this game. So I doubt it.

Maybe at first. But it would be interesting to have some named units eventually.

501st legion of course wouldn't make sense, thats hardly a unique unit since its around 5000 dudes. but I could see some other stuff, like SCAR Squadron, getting released.

Even if they aren't Corps units. Perhaps we could see a Commander or Operative unit with multiple models, with 1 of them being unique. Like Commander Cody with a couple Clone Trooper meatshields.

Edited by BadMotivator

21 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

I see no reason to assume dewbacks over something else. But I will paint maximum dewbacks if they are made. 

I started to type then noticed your post. FF has come out with odd selections before like Fleet Troopers and Snowtroopers as opposite sides.

The only thing certain is that we will get a corps unit. We could end up with this instead of dewbacks. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/C-PH_patrol_speeder_bike

I would be happy with either, but I think some might riot if they don’t get their dewbacks.😳

19 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

I started to type then noticed your post. FF has come out with odd selections before like Fleet Troopers and Snowtroopers as opposite sides.

The only thing certain is that we will get a corps unit  

And a support unit. 

I think a small vehicle is a reasonable possibility. The only thing that points to dewbacks to me is, FFG going out of their way to suggest that you can use tauntauns on Tatooine. Odd thing to say unless more Tatooine stuff was coming. 

Personally, I’d love to see Naval troopers, but I dunno how well they’d fit the bill as ‘veterans’ if FFG is set on continuing their parallel release strategy for the two factions. Dewbacks I think are very likely, and I can’t wait to get my hands on some—I’m sure the sculpts will be beautiful.

I would like to see SCAR Squadron and Inferno Squad at some point as well, but neither would make sense as core choices. They are both the very definition of special forces.

25 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

FF has come out with odd selections before like Fleet Troopers and Snowtroopers as opposite sides.

Yeah, Fleet Troopers vs. Naval Troopers and Snowtroopers vs. ‘Rebel Veterans’ seems much more logical, but nobody asked me… :P

13 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yeah, Fleet Troopers vs. Naval Troopers and Snowtroopers vs. ‘Rebel Veterans’ seems much more logical, but nobody asked me… :P

Both were close range options for either army. Function not theme was the call there. 

7 minutes ago, TalkPolite said:

Both were close range options for either army. Function not theme was the call there. 

So another defensively minded option?

edit: Although, if it continues the mirroring, it would be something that gains an aim token when it gets an order. 

Edited by Derrault

I just posted this in another thread, I think these could fit the bill for a ‘veteran’ trooper:

latest?cb=20170925174327

They are a corps of sorts, Gar Saxon makes a commander for the future, they would be a thematic opposition to The upcoming Sabine, and they are different enough to the rebel veterans, but as Mandalorians, demand the training upgrade as their legacy, but nowhere as good as the true mandalorian supercommandoes, but number wise, they were enough in number to overwhelm superior trained Mandalorian foes.

I want shore troopers, I truly do, and I think navy troopers  have a role to play but I just recently had the thought above how the super commandoes fit the bill in all respects.   Numbers, check. Training, check.  Thematic, check.    All the hallmarks as ‘veteran’ I should think.

When I look at Mel Miniatures:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/mel_miniatures

I see some minatures that look very similar to the one released.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/99HGQY8W7/legion-tauntaun-trooper

And Mel published his minatures before the FFG did. If you see the Dewback trooper. ( Se link below )

I would not be suprised that somthing very similar will come for the Empire.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/KLNDWU9J8/legion-dewback-trooper