Sign in to follow this  
Nihil84

Balance Question: Magic Skills vs Super Characteristics

Hey 1st post in the Genesys forums.  I am planning a Weird War game set in WWII, it will start as just a regular war game and then in the 2 mission I plan to have them to interrupt a summoning ritual, exposing them to the powerful energy and giving them all the choice of super characteristics or a magical skill. Given that magic is more versatile at base and makes it the more powerful option. With super characteristic I have the option of varying the amount of characteristics that they can apply it to. So I was looking for advice on the amount of super characteristics you'd suggest giving the balance out access to a magic skill?

I would provide a certain amount of XP with specific choices they could buy from.  Maybe Magic skills, and a specific list of talents that go beyond the norm (shame they haven't done a supers game yet).  Not just attribute boosts though.  Possibly introduce the "Force" from the Star Wars RPG as an option, providing a force rating and options to buy into the Force trees.  They would provide nice superhuman effects.