McGarnacle

Galactic Empire Ship Rankings

Darth Vader- 10
Just 65 points for multiple actions and three force points. The dark lord of the Sith is a bargain that should easily fit in most Imperial lists.

Maarek Steele- 8
I played around with him in 1.0 with advanced homing missiles, but marksmanship Maarek is no joke. 2.0 was built for him, it’s now much easier to hit ships, crits are nastier, and shields as a whole went down.

Zertik Strom- 3
1.0 Colzet, but getting the lock is harder now (need to take the action). It can be fun with Maarek and Rexler, but I don’t see the benefits of spending the extra points for him over the generics.

Storm Squadron Ace- 3
Suffers from the higher initiative generic problem, more expensive without really bringing anything else to the table.

Ved Foslo- 4
Cool ability, but the dial isn’t bad enough and the ship isn’t maneuverable enough to really take advantage of this. Maybe in a low initiative beef meta this can be useful, but I'd spend the extra point for Maarek.

Tempest Squadron Pilot- 4
The price drop makes 5 of these playable with fcs. This is actually a decent filler ship that if left alone in the beginning becomes 3/3/3/2. Not bad.

Okay now that some of the Wave III hype has died down I'm necroing this. Just as a reminder, we are voting on Tie v1 and Tie x1. 

Vader is coming in at a ridiculous 9.5

Storm Squadron Ace at a slightly less impressive 3

Cool, I liked this.

Didn't actually rate Vader or Seventh Sister before, because of very limited experience. But now....

Vader- 9.

His strengths and weaknesses are well known. Not much need to go into them. Hard to kill, hits like the most powerful evil Jedi in the Galaxy. Kinda cheap for his Init and full on mods.

Seventh Sister- 8.5.

Keep her cheap and she is a ridiculous bargain. Can be a little limp and squishy, needs to be flown very well to get the value. However, kept basic and well flown, your opponents will gag, choke and pass out when they discover the half points they got on her is 23.

Fabulous dial. Great action bar. Half shields. 2 force. Sweet upgrade options. PLUS FULL ARC RECHARGABLE CRACK SHOT.

How she doesn't see more play is beyond me.

I don't think she needs Hate and FCS, the things she'll most commonly have. Both will add to her early impact, but they also make her more liable to attract attention and lead to a more aggressive approach.

Just sneak around at R3, evade plus force makes her very hard to hurt there, and at 46pt, it's not worth them trying. Then suddenly she sticks like glue at R1 with repo+focus, things start dying and her value skyrockets.

Alright, thanks to everyone who voted, the results are in.

Darth Vader-    9.416666667
Maarek Steele-    7.2
Zertik Strom -   4.25
Storm Squadron Ace-    3
Ved Foslo-    4.5
Tempest Squadron Pilot-    4.5
Grand Inquisitor-    5.25
Seventh Sister-    7.875
Baron of the Empire-    6
Inquisitor-    5.333333333

Vader and Seventh Sister leading the charge of course. I think the most interesting is how close a lot of these pilots are. Overall, the TIE x1 and v1 have a few excellent pilots, while the rest are very close to exactly average.

The next two ships are Imperial staples, the TIE Interceptor and the TIE Phantom.

Soontir Fel

Saber Squadron Ace

Turr Phennir

Alpha Squadron Pilot

"Whisper"

Sigma Squadron Ace

"Echo"

Imdaar Test Pilot

On 3/9/2019 at 7:06 AM, Okapi said:

Bombers, which tend to want to focus and barrage anyways.

Can we just not? I HATE how barrage keeps holding these things back from what they’re meant to do. My favorite ship but stuck with a brain-dead upgrade as autoinclude makes me so sad for the poor things.

Lose the second missile and drop them by 3 points and we’re back in business.

Sorry to derail but I’m just so sick of this...

5 hours ago, McGarnacle said:

Inquisitor-    5.333333333

Didn't vote on this at the time because we hadn't used it, but.... SuperNat Inquiz is awesome. It's stormed into position as one of my top ships in the last couple weeks.

Obviously need more time to be fully judged but playing against good players with much, much I6 and/or many ships, the Inq has shone. Can be wiped out in an instant but is so very, very often not. Almost every opponent has found it an incredible pest. SNR facilitates it hugely.

Will have to pass on Interceptors, not been brave enough to take them out of the house. Turr is fun. May have made it out the door once.

Phantoms.

Echo. 10. He can go wherever he wants. No one ever knows. Now 5th Brother is aboard, a genuinely terrifying stalker who does not go down easy. There are hard counters, but you just send your mates to hold them off. Then just do what you want. Trade, dodge, run. Just select range.

Whisper. 9. Clearly very good. Bit frustrating if you cant get the hits in. Being the 1st to fire on a focussed target diminishes her a fair bit, so less easy to just slot into a lower Init list, imo. Make best use of her and she's obviously more defensively strong on straight shots than Echo, but I find it far easier to keep Echo out of arc and still firing, than I do Whisper. Still I5 ofc, but again, the way Echo moves, Init is not so important. Plus 5th Bro sits in a list nicer at 4pt less.

Sigma. 8. It's really good. But quad Sigma' s greatness is a result of critical mass Juke on a selected joust. It's likely to be addressed, then we'll see the individual quality of the ship in different light.

Imdaar. Not tried. Probably 7. Very interested to see it do well without the obvious Jukepocalypse. Vader is helpful, no doubt.

Stygjum Array is a tremendous action chain though and multiple good generics transcend Init and talents.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Can we just not? I HATE how barrage keeps holding these things back from what they’re meant to do. My favorite ship but stuck with a brain-dead upgrade as autoinclude makes me so sad for the poor things.

Nonsense

Until we get ways to enable low I targetlocks baring jendon, barrage is going to fill an essential niche

Fortunately we got passive sensors...so hey the punisher can be cool again maybe 

Funboats too, though ASLAM is action bar only :(

Edited by ficklegreendice

54 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Funboats too, though ASLAM is action bar only :(

Couldn't SLAM and use Passive Sensors any ways, both require themselves to be the action done during the Perform Action step.

On 5/19/2019 at 6:23 AM, ClassicalMoser said:

Proximity mine scimitars are excellent beefy blockers. They've been flown to great effect alongside soontir and vader (as a parallel version of torrents/anakin/ahsoka)

Soontir Fel - 9, initiative 6, gets token if blocked, and interceptor dial.

Saber Squadron Ace - 5, init 4 with double reposition is quite nice

Turr Phennir - 6, init 4 and a decent ability

Alpha Squadron Pilot - 3, you get 3 red dice, but init 1 really hurts. You dont need this to be a blocker.

"Whisper" - 8, init 5 and a kick *** ability on the phantom chassis

Sigma Squadron Ace - 8 - priced efficiently for a nasty juking S.O.B.

"Echo" - 8 - its echo, he does stuff

Imdaar Test Pilot - 5, meh, but still a phantom

45 minutes ago, gadwag said:

Proximity mine scimitars are excellent beefy blockers. They've been flown to great effect alongside soontir and vader (as a parallel version of torrents/anakin/ahsoka)

Agreed. My favorite is just Scimitar and Proton Bombs, maybe homing missiles.

Just isn’t super efficient atm