Jman444

Next Imperial Corps and Support Speculation

6 minutes ago, costi said:

My guess is Dewbacks, probably a single model  on an oval base, and Shoretroopers for corps (based on the fact that FFG is reaching for Rogue One content, and they're preparing a Scariff board for SW Celebration).

My only hesitation with shoretroopers dor this release wave is, they are too few in number according to the background for corps. It would probably make more sense if the Celebration board was the total debut of shoretrooper models and they were a special forces unit later on. 

Also, FFG presumably has the resources to put a handful of custom shoretroopers in a diorama. They don’t ever have to go into mass production, to appear on the Celebration display. 

Edited by TauntaunScout

Now is the time to release the dark trooper MkI.

No-one expects them. 

No-one particularly wants them. 

The geek rage over canon will wash out over the forums as tsunami of hard words and petulance.  The mirror of releases will be broken together along with the more fragile psyches among the Legion players.

Or I suppose it could be Dewbacks and some guys in silly helmets.  To be fair, that covers a lot of the options.  

12 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

My only hesitation with shoretroopers dor this release wave is, they are too few in number according to the background for corps. It would probably make more sense if the Celebration board was the total debut of shoretrooper models and they were a special forces unit later on. 

Also, FFG presumably has the resources to put a handful of custom shoretroopers in a diorama. They don’t ever have to go into mass production, to appear on the Celebration display. 

For the scale Legion is played, it doesn't really matter that much.

2 hours ago, costi said:

For the scale Legion is played, it doesn't really matter that much.

38 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Yeah, a Legion recreation of the Battle of Scarif would be like, one landing pad

Except the diorama is not on a regular 3’x6’ game area. The display is going to be 30’x34’. 

But yeah, a regular game of Legion is basically a landing pad area. 

53813297_2553494508071433_72489813905642

Edited by FSD

2 hours ago, Katarn said:

Now is the time to release the dark trooper MkI.

No-one expects them. 

No-one particularly wants them. 

The geek rage over canon will wash out over the forums as tsunami of hard words and petulance.  The mirror of releases will be broken together along with the more fragile psyches among the Legion players.

Or I suppose it could be Dewbacks and some guys in silly helmets.  To be fair, that covers a lot of the options.  

Mud troopers on dewbacks. A unique corps unit. Let the whole of nerdery wail in anguish and rend their garments.

8 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Mud troopers on dewbacks. A unique corps unit. Let the whole of nerdery wail in anguish and rend their garments.

If this is not made a thing, I shall storm FFG headquarters.  We'll use TauntaunScout's head as a battering ram as we demand exclusive access to muddy dewbacky goodness.

33 minutes ago, DewbackScout said:

If this is not made a thing, I shall storm FFG headquarters.  We'll use TauntaunScout's head as a battering ram as we demand exclusive access to muddy dewbacky goodness.

Mmmmmmm,  muddy dewbacky goodness!

2 hours ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

I really feel like it's going to be Imperial Navy Troopers. If you look at the full art for the Imperial Officer you can see a 4 or 5 of them in the background

That's probably because one is included in the box.

3 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

That's probably because one is included in the box.

They're on some command cards and stuff two. The way I look at it they are one of very few serious imperial corps contenders. As someone else pointed out, a training upgrade for them might seem odd though... which brings me back to mercs (I can dream) or another-other elite unit of the emprorer's elite shock troops.

41 minutes ago, chr335 said:

Still expecting Dewbacks and some form of the 501st legion.

Dewbacks yes. Proper nouns, no. Legion avoids them like the plague for some reason. Hence we'll presumably never see "Bespin" guards just  "security guards". Like I care: between snow rebels and the impending release of the Joan of Arc kickstarter, I won't have an open slot in my painting queue for ages.

Still it's interesting. Sandtroopers could be be the "veteran" stormtroopers. A simple alternate squad pose for new stats would get confusing.

Edited by TauntaunScout

13 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

Dewbacks yes. Proper nouns, no. Legion avoids them like the plague for some reason. Hence we'll presumably never see "Bespin" guards just  "security guards". Like I care: between snow rebels and the impending release of the Joan of Arc kickstarter, I won't have an open slot in my painting queue for ages.

Still it's interesting. Sandtroopers could be be the "veteran" stormtroopers. A simple alternate squad pose for new stats would get confusing.

Then perhaps the title imperial legionaries?

Edited by chr335
Spelling

2 minutes ago, chr335 said:

Then perhaps the title imperial legionnaires?

Or just keep adding things they haven't covered yet. The Hoth Rebel costume needed a change to fit Legion's pattern of naming. Snowtroopers did not, and neither do Sandtroopers. If there stats are better than normal stormtroopers, there's the "501st" in practice. We didn't get Blizzard Force, so I don't think we'll get "the" 501st either. Just sandtroopers that are better than stormtroopers. Corps or special forces, only time will tell.

Just now, TauntaunScout said:

Or just keep adding things they haven't covered yet. The Hoth Rebel costume needed a change to fit Legion's pattern of naming. Snowtroopers did not, and neither do Sandtroopers. If there stats are better than normal stormtroopers, there's the "501st" in practice. We didn't get Blizzard Force, so I don't think we'll get "the" 501st either. Just sandtroopers that are better than stormtroopers. Corps or special forces, only time will tell.

I thought Blizzard force was the AT AT group's name not the snowtroopers that came with them.

9 minutes ago, chr335 said:

I thought Blizzard force was the AT AT group's name not the snowtroopers that came with them.

Oh who knows these days. It once covered the snowtroopers, the walkers were Thundering Herd. But there's no sense learning the trivia anymore, they'll just change it when some director or novelist has the burning need to express their own vision someday.

Edited by TauntaunScout

2 hours ago, chr335 said:

Current canon has Blizzard Force as the name of the army seen in Empire Strikes back, including the AT-ATs, AT-STs, and snowtroopers from Blizzard Force unit two-two-eight-seven, identified in the canon novel Battlefront: Twilight Company

I don't know if anyone realized but since the last announcements of tank, landspeeder and tauntauns it struck me that all imperial heavys are ground units and all rebel heavys are repulsor vehicles. 

just my impression now that the rebels get their second support which is as the AT-RT a ground unit, maybe the second support for imp will also be a repulsor unit. 

8 minutes ago, Taiowaa said:

I don't know if anyone realized but since the last announcements of tank, landspeeder and tauntauns it struck me that all imperial heavys are ground units and all rebel heavys are repulsor vehicles. 

just my impression now that the rebels get their second support which is as the AT-RT a ground unit, maybe the second support for imp will also be a repulsor unit. 

Imperial’s second support unit was the E-web - a ground unit. 

3 minutes ago, FSD said:

Imperial’s second support unit was the E-web - a ground unit. 

I think what Taiowaa means is that, bar the AT-RT, all vehicles the Rebels have are Repulsors and, bar the Speeder Bike, all Imperial vehicles are Ground units.

I personally think that the Tauntaun is more like the Emplacements, due to it technically being a trooper, so the Imperials should get their own animal support trooper.

I do think however that the next Vehicle for each faction will be a ground unit for the Rebels and a Repulsor for the Imperials.