Revert

Infinite Shard of Life

Shard of Life - Untamed - Artifact - Action: Shuffle a card from your discard pile into your deck for each friendly Shard.

Shard of Life is a card in Age of Ascension. If you got this and 5 other shards (or 2 Shards of life and 1 other Shard) on the field, and then emptied your deck and your hand. You should be able to choose what 6 cards you get to play every turn until the end of the game. Having a 6 shard deck is purely random. Playing all 6 shards and emptying your deck are both events that are reasonable to occur every game. The hardest problem is figuring out how to empty your hand. This could be solved with archive or phase shift like cards, but Shard of Life is untamed which is not able to do either of these things currently. Getting the correct number of shards and a mavericked Shard of Life feels too rare to ask for it. My solution takes 3 turns to set up.

Example/Worst Case Scenario:

0 Cards in Deck, 4 Dis and 2 Logos in hand. Call untamed, play 0 cards. 6 Cards in Deck, 4 Dis and 2 Logos in hand. Call Dis, play 4. 2 Cards in Deck, 4 Untamed and 2 Logos in hand. Call Logos, play 2. 0 Cards in Deck, 6 Untamed in Hand. Perfect scenario has been reached. 

Any other solutions?

3 hours ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

What exactly are the basic rules of the algorithm? Like how many of a certain card can be in a deck, etc.?

I don't have access to a specific delineation of which cards fall under which categories, but it would fall into something like this:

3 houses, 12 cards per house. If later rules cause a house to go over, either the latest cards are removed (as a block) and we try again or random unpaired cards are removed until we are back down to 12. 

One card set so far (Master of X) can represent a choice of cards from within it. When the algorithm picks "Master" in the Dis section, it randomly chooses which of the three Masters you get.e p

Some cards can only be obtained when the algorithm chooses the appropriate card that represents the whole block (Horseman of Pestilence triggers the whole Horseman block, Timetraveller triggers Help from Future Self, etc.) 

Other cards trigger additional cards but don't specify how many of the other card can be present, such as a Troop Call requires at least one Niffle and Niffle Queen requires at least one Niffle Ape. 

Some cards have a limit as to how many can appear per deck. There may even be an overall limit (I think 5 per deck is the highest I've heard of), but other cards are lower.

11 hours ago, Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

I can almost 100% guarantee you'll never see a deck with more than 3 shards, one per house. 

Remember the algorithm!

Remember the horsemen.

On 3/10/2019 at 6:37 PM, TheSpitfired said:

Opponent's turn immediately after you set this up: House Dis. Play Restringuntus. Declare House Untamed. GG ;) 

21 hours ago, Revert said:

Remember the horsemen.

Remember the Alamo! 😛