Indy_com

Tauntaun Riders! And Rebel Veterans!

1 minute ago, NeonWolf said:

@Tubb I've been wondering that myself.  Maybe some of the "EU-gurus" out there can tell us if all tauntauns have white fur or not...

So, in the new canon they are native to Hoth, and I don't think have ever shown up anywhere else in canon. In "Legends" there's only a single mount from the Old Republic MMO, that I can find of non-white colouring. 

But don't let that stop you! Star Wars is big, and just because we haven't seen it doesn't mean it can't exist!

3 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

I'm not convinced the releases are going to be that much of a mirror image anymore. Support yes, cavalry, juries out.

So far when there is a "mirror" FFG has released the mirror, and we don't have any unit types on side but not the other. As the Tauntauns are a new unit type, I expect a new unit of the same type on the Empire side. I also expect whatever Corps unit the Empire gets next to have a "Detachment."

Posted (edited)

Bold prediction: The Mark II emplacement will be a Corp unit and will have a Detachment keyword that limits you to one Mark II per Veteran unit and requires you to deploy it at range 1 from a Veteran unit. This would prevent excessive spamming and also explain why these units are packaged together. 

Edited by chemnitz

4 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

It's a "detachment". Something new for the force org chart. I don't think they even get their own activation, by the general drift of the article. But tauntauns and atgars are indeed in competition with one another....

I think they do get their own activation, or else there would not be two order tokens in the box (the picture shows the face up one on top of a second).  While it is possible that "detachment" could be a new type of unit, I sort of hope they do not go that route (already a pretty crowded org chart as is).  I think the idea that Caimheul1313 had would be the better way to go (that is, "detachment" would work sort of like Entourage and make the unit (whatever type it is) not count against the org chart maximums). 

Lorewise question :

Do you think that Tauntauns could have been import from Hoth to a more "Urban" world under Imperial Command, in something like a menagery ?

Just to see how I will be able to "justify" me having a unit of Tauntaun rampaging in the middle of a ruined town ^^

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

@RaevenKS I think whatever backstory you make up to explain it works!

Legion isn’t just a game. It’s a creative outlet set against the backdrop of Star Wars.

I’ve breached on screen canon before when it suits my army. Just make it look cool. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't care at all about movie. I'm more like an "Old Republic Era Star Wars Fan" than anything else for that mater. Star wars is, IMO, vaster than any kind of show can say it is.

I just wanted to check with you if, eventually, some Zoos can be a thing. I got my answer. I just have to convert the rider tho. I don't want "heavy cold gear" in my army (I convert all the head of my "Fleet Trooper" to be more "regular" so...).

But that's a cool thing... Even if some players in my Area are a bit "narrow minded" about the lore (and the typical "Not in the movies, don't exist" type of things :p)

@Zeph01 : Indeed it is !

Edited by RaevenKS

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RaevenKS said:

Lorewise question :

Do you think that Tauntauns could have been import from Hoth to a more "Urban" world under Imperial Command, in something like a menagery ?

Just to see how I will be able to "justify" me having a unit of Tauntaun rampaging in the middle of a ruined town ^^

More man-hours unfold every year in the SW galaxy than in all of real world human history. Against a background of those kinds of sheer numbers, ANYTHING can happen. 

Edited by TauntaunScout

23 minutes ago, RaevenKS said:

I just wanted to check with you if, eventually, some Zoos can be a thing. I got my answer. I just have to convert the rider tho. I don't want "heavy cold gear" in my army (I convert all the head of my "Fleet Trooper" to be more "regular" so...).

And in my view, any explanation goes. Zoos included.

I am nowhere near as skilled, so my riders would still be the ones ffg provides. I’d paint them up in some manner that fits my minis and conceals the intent of cold weather gear.

16 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

You know, the community has had some rough times, but I'm glad we call agree that Taun Tauns are awesome.

Hard to say for sure but they might be the only reason I got into Star Wars honestly. I was a little preschool aged kid who only liked farm and zoo animals not all these boring robots my older brother liked WAIT WHAT IS THAT ICY HORSE THING WITH SHEEP'S HORNS?

I've always thought that the Hoth uniform was the best of the Rebel uniforms, so I am very happy to see more of them in game. That will make three 'Hoth' units for the Rebels in game, I wonder if there's another for the Empire that could be added (excluding vehicles)? Anyway, I think Dewback riders are a near certainty to be announced soon. Sandtroopers would be a logical match for that, but Legion has definitely not always done such mirrored releases. I'm personally hoping for navy troopers, but sandtroopers would not be disappointing either.

3 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

You can max out the force org chart except for commanders and 1 operative slot with Hoth-compatible models now. I am fairly confident a Hoth rebel commander will come out soon though.

Reeikan? Deck officer? 

As an Imperial only player I’ll be honest, I’m sold. I can’t help it. I’m with @TauntaunScout. FFG take all my money. It’s yours. 

51 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

You know, the community has had some rough times, but I'm glad we call agree that Taun Tauns are awesome.

But are they overpriced...er..costed...uhh...whatever? We can still fight about this, just give us a chance!

On a serious note, this may be the most excited I have ever been on someone else's behalf for a new release. Tauntaun Scout, congratulations--I feel like you just had a baby or something. Thinking of how happy I am about this release and then multiplying it by a million...

You must be stoked.

11 minutes ago, Jedhead said:

But are they overpriced...er..costed...uhh...whatever? We can still fight about this, just give us a chance!

On a serious note, this may be the most excited I have ever been on someone else's behalf for a new release. Tauntaun Scout, congratulations--I feel like you just had a baby or something. Thinking of how happy I am about this release and then multiplying it by a million...

You must be stoked.

Can't have anykind of the thing you call "baby", but if having one is as wonderful as my feeling for the upcoming Tauntauns, then I understand why so many people have their own "baby".

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Jedhead said:

You must be stoked.

Thanks. I am pleasantly surprised how much the forum is happy for me about this. I have had two babies. It’s honeatly a decent comparison to the vague whole-body excitement one feels. Which is weird but true. 

Edited by TauntaunScout

33 minutes ago, CaptainRocket said:

Wow, I'm super excited!!

For those of us with old eyes, has anybody got a copy of the Tauntauns and Vets written down in text so it's possible to read the cards and values of things?

Tauntaun Riders

Creature Trooper

90 points

Speed 3

Both surge to hit and defense

2 models in squad

4 hp

2 courage

White defense dice

Can equip both a training and comm upgrade

Agile 1: After you perform a standard move, gain 1 dodge token

Relentless: After you perform a move action, you may perform a free attack action

Reposition: Either before or after you perform a move action, you may perform a free pivot action

Sharpshooter 1: While performing a ranged attack, reduce the defender's cover by 1

Unhindered: You ignore the effects of difficult terrain.

Their melee attack is 2 black and 1 white each with ram 1 which we don't know for sure what that does yet.

Their range is 1-2 with 2 red each.