Indy_com

Tauntaun Riders! And Rebel Veterans!

Posted (edited)

obligatory @TauntaunScout summoning post...

Now that is out of the way, there are some interesting mechanics to parse with these two units.  Coordinating 1.4 FD's, whatever RAM 1 does, Tauntauns being some type of Trooper unit and what that does for things like Breakthrough...definitely game-changers.

Edited by NeonWolf

Have to say, these look very good.  The Hoth Troopers (sorry, Rebel Veterans :D) have some interesting differences from other Corps units.  I look forward to seeing more about how the Medium Blaster can work on its own. 

Based on this, I imagine the next wave for the Empire will be Dewbacks and Shoretroopers (which I think are an Imperial Veteran unit).  I would like to have seen Imperial Navy Troopers, but I think the Shoretroopers seem a bit more likely.

5 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

obligatory @TauntaunScout summoning post...

Now that is out of the way, there are some interesting mechanics to parse with these two units.  Coordinating 1.4 FD's, whatever RAM 1 does, Tauntauns being some type of Trooper unit and what that does for things like Breakthrough...definitely game-changers.

Tauntauns are support units. right, @TauntaunScout

16 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

HYPE!!!!

Interesting that they have a new "Ram" keyword instead of "Charge." This is gonna be fun!!

They have Relentless, they don't need Charge. Ram is a weapon keyword instead of a unit keyword like Charge anyway.

1 minute ago, Zrob314 said:

They are support, yes, but they are also troopers.  You're getting confused with corps.

Yuuuuup. My bad--and tbh, I just wanted to tag you know who. @MasterShake2 throwing 4 red dice, etc would support the **** out your other units. It's fire support. 

1 minute ago, MasterShake2 said:

But seriously, this unit takes basically 5 actions a turn. If you double move, you get 2 dodge tokens and a free attack action.

And you can pivot before/after you move. For free.