Jump to content
BiggsIRL

World's Breakfast Friday / Drinking Wednesday Night

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BillHimclaw said:

I can't wait to see how this World's turns out! Does anyone know if it will be streamed, for us, the unfortunate souls that can't attend? 

I don't believe so, but the finals match should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BillHimclaw said:

I can't wait to see how this World's turns out! Does anyone know if it will be streamed, for us, the unfortunate souls that can't attend? 

In past years, FFG streamed a semifinal match and the final.  However, that was when Worlds was at the FFG Game Center.  Who knows with it at AdeptiCon.  On the one hand, there’s no X-wing to hog all the stream time. On the other, they might not have space or bandwidth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Karneck said:

I know I'll be trying to stream my matches.

If I get knocked out you bet I'll be bouncing around games giving commentary.

cool idea how much extra time does it take setting up?.... me ill probably just be taking pictures and posting to messenger group or something like that....

 

18 hours ago, dsnowak said:

In past years, FFG streamed a semifinal match and the final.  However, that was when Worlds was at the FFG Game Center.  Who knows with it at AdeptiCon.  On the one hand, there’s no X-wing to hog all the stream time. On the other, they might not have space or bandwidth.

 

I would sooner rely on Darth Vader upholding his end of the deal UN-altered than FFG OP streaming the tournament in a comprehensive, meaningful fashion...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2019 at 3:47 PM, Karneck said:

For as long as it takes me to hit three buttons on my phone to live stream it to youtube. It'll be mounted to a tripod.

Kinda wanted to do this too, assuming bandwidth is there. What's the tripod you're using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't be live streaming, but may try recording my games for time-lapse videos to post afterwards....got a tripod mount and battery pack.   Will need some post-editing (exactly how much to be determined....)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2019 at 10:22 AM, BiggsIRL said:

Hey folks!

Let's eat breakfast together before worlds.  This time *I* have the car and won't get left behind!

There's a place called the Egg Harbor Cafe about 5 min from the convention center:  https://goo.gl/maps/H7F3c6W7p7m

The tournament is at 10am for Friday's Day 2, so we'll want to be bright and early at about 8:15am for Breakfast.  Who's in?

It is about 30 min by foot. Just walked past it today on sightseen tour.

Edit: Just want to say, i will be there, but i need a seat to get back 😁

Edited by Tokra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just called Bulldogs and here's an update: it's a party with one tab. Which means bring cash to pay ME or you're not getting food/drink Wednesday night. I accept PayPal, but I'm going to be giving you a stinkeye as I do. BRING CASH IF YOU WANT ALCOHOL OR FOOD TOMORROW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tokra said:

It is about 30 min by foot. Just walked past it today on sightseen tour.

I wish I had known you were arriving early.  I’m at a pub near my hotel right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mogrok said:

I wish I had known you were arriving early.  I’m at a pub near my hotel right now. 

What pub? Maybe i will check it out tomorrow? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 8:32 PM, dsnowak said:

In past years, FFG streamed a semifinal match and the final.  However, that was when Worlds was at the FFG Game Center.  Who knows with it at AdeptiCon.  On the one hand, there’s no X-wing to hog all the stream time. On the other, they might not have space or bandwidth.

Yea, they streamed the most boring matches (not because of the players or lists, but because of the format).

Streaming a win/loss match instead of a normal point game will automatically end in a more boring match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, geek19 said:

Just called Bulldogs and here's an update: it's a party with one tab. Which means bring cash to pay ME or you're not getting food/drink Wednesday night. I accept PayPal, but I'm going to be giving you a stinkeye as I do. BRING CASH IF YOU WANT ALCOHOL OR FOOD TOMORROW.

YOU MADMAN!

Breakfast on the otherhand is going to be "show up and crash the place" because it's fun and I don't know how many people will show up.  We'll try for tables of 6-8?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CommanderDave said:

I’m awake and I’m hungry. I’m going to hit up Egg Harbor a bit early and work on some write ups over coffee. If anyone else is not going to wait until 8:15, you’re welcome to join me!

Heading there now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...