BiggsIRL

World's Breakfast Friday / Drinking Wednesday Night

Posted (edited)

Hey folks!

Let's eat breakfast together before worlds.  This time *I* have the car and won't get left behind!

There's a place called the Egg Harbor Cafe about 5 min from the convention center:  https://goo.gl/maps/H7F3c6W7p7m

The tournament is at 10am for Friday's Day 2, so we'll want to be bright and early at about 8:15am for Breakfast.  Who's in?

Also: 

2 minutes ago, geek19 said:

Relatedly and much earlierly, WEDNESDAY NIGHT DRANKS!

Bulldog Ale House on Golf Road, 7 pm until we close the bar down/everyone goes home.

Wednesday March 27

1480 Golf Road, Rolling Meadows, IL 

Edited by BiggsIRL

Thursday's games start at 9am, and some people may be registering early in the morning.

Friday, everyone will already be there and the games start at 10am.

Drinking?  Gotta ask the other one.

Ooh, i'm THAT other one!

Also no Thursday night because that's going to be catch as catch can, basically.  I'm certainly down for Thursday night drinking, of course, but it may entail figuring out where we're all going when we get OUT Thursday night.

I'd be in. Flying in early Wednesday, and hoping to see a bit of the city. Then would love to join for drinks and breakfast before.

It would be really cool to meet you all IRL, and not just the Toronto folks I play against (and usually loose to) in major tournaments :)

This sounds like a fabulous plan! I'm flying in on Wednesday mid-day, but I'm staying central Chicago (to see the sights) so travel for drinks on Wednesday will probably be prohibitive.
However, if I'm still in the tournament on the second day I'd love to come and put some names to faces.

And also some names to names, I suppose.

On 3/8/2019 at 11:23 AM, BiggsIRL said:

Also, start looking at the map for post-tournament drinking destinations for Thursday night.

There's a Buffalo Wild Wings near the convention center-that might make a good drinks/dinner place on Thursday night (or post-tournament celebration/toast to the champion on Friday night).