Sign in to follow this  
Darth Veggie

FFG ARMADA Article: Interview online!!!

23 minutes ago, Chemosh667 said:

So maybe a rebellion pack to counterbalance the SSD, with some squadrons and Braha'tok, and/or DP-20.  I'm still obsessing over it, hehe, but seriously.  Would be cool to get a nice bulk pack with a bunch of goodies for Rebels for a last hurrah.  But really, I think it's going to be Clone Wars, with a minor updated rules set (2nd edition...).

I'd be down for a pack that is a Braha'tok flotilla with a pair of U-Wing squadrons.  That'd be a nice kit for the Rebels, and enough new content to at least partially offset the SSD for the Empire.

2 minutes ago, xero989 said:

All I have to say is this article drops alot of information for just an interview. It feels incredibly transparent and that what we have wanted this whole time, so thank you FFG thank you.

I was taking the "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all approach", but I feel like I have to chime in since you decided to use the word "we". I appreciate that there is an article just for the sake of attention, but I personally find these interviews to be pretty pointless. I'd love to read into the article (this talk about how activations and squadrons might change), but I imagine FFG is just trying to get some energy into the community. I will continue to be pessimistic, which means I'll get to be pleasantly surprised if there's something that matters coming down the pipe.

I guess I'm really just saying "please speak for yourself", this article doesn't deserve a double helping of "thank you"s in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, IronNerd said:

I was taking the "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all approach", but I feel like I have to chime in since you decided to use the word "we". I appreciate that there is an article just for the sake of attention, but I personally find these interviews to be pretty pointless. I'd love to read into the article (this talk about how activations and squadrons might change), but I imagine FFG is just trying to get some energy into the community. I will continue to be pessimistic, which means I'll get to be pleasantly surprised if there's something that matters coming down the pipe.

I guess I'm really just saying "please speak for yourself", this article doesn't deserve a double helping of "thank you"s in my opinion.

Yeah, it's really amazing how little they've bothered to put effort into communications.  It doesn't really take that much effort to create little articles and chat with the community.  ****, it's easy enough to actually get people in the community to help write up article material on tactics, cards, etc.  Or even just giving updates that are actually meaningful.  "Hey, we are getting some new stock shortly for Rebel Squadron Pack I", or "lets discuss this errata item".  Not hard.  ****, get an intern; they'll do it for dimes on the dollar...

17 minutes ago, IronNerd said:

Its your right to feel that way but the statements I'm mostly refering to are:

"World Championship at AdeptiCon, the event is bound to prove an exciting time for every Armada fan—present and future. Not only will we see the game's top players unveiling their most creative and refined strategies to compete for the game's biggest prizes, but we'll see the next announcement of a future Star Wars: Armada expansion"

And

"The construction of the Empire's forthcoming Super Star Destroyer remains ongoing, and the ship won't arrive in time for the 2019 World Championship."

I mean not reading into these statements they littlerly said we have an expansion anouncement at Adepticon, and that the SSD is going to come out after worlds. We did have a good guess this was going to happen, but these are transparency statements and I think the community was wanting more transparency and we got it, so I thank them for the transparency. There are a lot of things we could read into, but these are clear statements.

3 hours ago, xero989 said:

All I have to say is this article drops alot of information for just an interview. It feels incredibly transparent and that what we have wanted this whole time, so thank you FFG thank you.

Exactly. This is what I, and many others, have been asking for for a year. Just talk to us about where we are and where we are going. Doesn't have to be actual announcements. Updates that let us know you are still thinking about the game matters.

Thus, thanks for trying to get better, FFG.

2 hours ago, Chemosh667 said:

Yeah, it's really amazing how little they've bothered to put effort into communications.  It doesn't really take that much effort to create little articles and chat with the community.  ****, it's easy enough to actually get people in the community to help write up article material on tactics, cards, etc.  Or even just giving updates that are actually meaningful.  "Hey, we are getting some new stock shortly for Rebel Squadron Pack I", or "lets discuss this errata item".  Not hard.  ****, get an intern; they'll do it for dimes on the dollar...

Just wanna be clear that you are complaining about a lack of communication because they wrote an article? You are complaining that they could have content with community members in an article with an interview with a community member?

I have been vocal about FFG having poor public relations, but when they actually do something right, let's be positive about it.

Posted (edited)

From article[[

FFG: All right... something with a meaningful contingent of squadrons, but below maximum squadron points. We'll have to wait for that one!

Finally, I know that you and your wife just had a new baby boy. Congratulations!

What’s his name? And when he gets old enough that the Armada squadrons might be interesting game concepts rather than choking hazards, how do you plan to convince him to try a game with his dear old dad?

NC: Thank you! Our son is named Calvin, and I'm hoping he'll be excited to play board games with me one day.

We've got more than a few years to go until Armada is age appropriate, but at that point, he'll hopefully be a big fan of Star Wars, and will be just as excited about the models and big fleet battles as I am.

I fully expect he'll be the one bugging me to play the game.

]]

Dear FFG, please do everything to ensure this game has a long life and that Nathan's kid(and all our kids/future kids) will get a chance to get into this great game! ;) thank you!

Edited by Muelmuel

24 minutes ago, Ophion said:

I really liked it. Just focusing on whether it reveals any 'new' info is disrespectful to Nathan i think. Hes the world champ, if you consider yourself a fan of the game its worth valuing everything thats said.

More importantly Nathan is one of the most friendly and polite people I've ever met wargaming.

Also he's just a way the heck better player than most of the rest of us.

6 hours ago, IronNerd said:

I was taking the "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all approach", but I feel like I have to chime in since you decided to use the word "we". I appreciate that there is an article just for the sake of attention, but I personally find these interviews to be pretty pointless.

Well, not everyone feels the same. Personally I think it's interesting to take a glimpse at a much more invested, experienced and accomplished player's thoughts. 

The Vong vere cool. Definitely better than the First Order and Whiny Ren.

Seeing how they focused on the squadron play it seems sure that the post-SSD release will deal with that. Probably some flak ships (Dornean and Lancer?) with a series of squadron-affecting cards. Or indeed 2.0 with significantly revised squadron rules. I really hope for the first. I can't afferd to pay for those conversion kits...

52 minutes ago, Norell said:

The Vong vere cool. Definitely better than the First Order and Whiny Ren.

Seeing how they focused on the squadron play it seems sure that the post-SSD release will deal with that. Probably some flak ships (Dornean and Lancer?) with a series of squadron-affecting cards. Or indeed 2.0 with significantly revised squadron rules. I really hope for the first. I can't afferd to pay for those conversion kits...

i think you could very well be very right. although still think correlian gunship vs squads

I think it's SWM28.  Rebel huge ship.  I want clone wars stuff too but personally I want one more WAVE of GCW 1st.  Dorean anti squadron flotilla, some comparable imp flotilla, assault frigate mark I, imp support ship.  

Either way armada love is welcome in any senario

41 minutes ago, Rune Taq said:

I think it's SWM28.  Rebel huge ship.  I want clone wars stuff too but personally I want one more WAVE of GCW 1st.  Dorean anti squadron flotilla, some comparable imp flotilla, assault frigate mark I, imp support ship.  

Either way armada love is welcome in any senario

If the upcoming announcement is for a Huge Rebel ship, I think a lot of people will be disappointed.  I'm in an area that used to have a very healthy Armada community with multiple events every month at one of many stores in the area.  Nobody is playing anymore.  There are few if any events.  The game is functionally dead.  Nobody I've talked to thinks the SSD is going to get people playing again.  A Huge Rebel ship also wouldn't get people playing again.  FFG almost needs to do something drastic like an X-Wing style 2.0 to jump start the game.  Releasing huge ships that wouldn't see play in average games isn't going to jump start the game for many people.

I’m all ready for a Clone Wars starter with a revised activation system. 

Given how poorly I view the creation of SAd, Pryce, and Bail (they are bandaids and don’t fix the core activation issue), I’m assuming the new announcement will be something that further embraces activation spam like a 15 point unique squadron that you can activate during the ship phase. But, for some reason you can only bring it if you have a large ship. 

31 minutes ago, Church14 said:

Given how poorly I view the creation of SAd, Pryce, and Bail (they are bandaids and don’t fix the core activation issue), I’m assuming the new announcement will be something that further embraces activation spam like a 15 point unique squadron that you can activate during the ship phase. But, for some reason you can only bring it if you have a large ship. 

More flotillas :D