Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

So many Buzz Driod questions...

Too many question for this tiny thing,

Are they a ship or an obstacle?

If they are a ship how does final Solo work?

Do you need to destroy them for full points? 

If they are an obstacle can you blow them up with siemic charges?

If you drop a shoot on top of it does it go away or does it need to move on top of something?

Is it something else or something more?

7 minutes ago, DarthSempai said:

As for the rest of your queries, they will all eventually be answered when the thing comes out and FFG updates the rule reference with rules for remotes! :P

Guess the order that the following are released for wave 3- points, product, rules reference, clarification/faq.

2 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I think they will stick with a ship until it's shot off or something else.  Not sure if a Barrel Roll will knock them off.

Unless there's some external reference rule that will be added (and yes, expect some) there's nothing saying they stick. I know, theme...

BUT

For theme, they can in fact stick, since if you put it in the front tracks, the ship is going to overlap the next turn, and the one after that... and that... unless they do a roll, or knock off the droids with a rock, another ship, or they get shot off by a friend.

5 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I think they will stick with a ship until it's shot off or something else.  Not sure if a Barrel Roll will knock them off.

Thematically, I think this makes sense.

Rules as written? I think it suggests you can barrel roll out of them. The droid controller only gets to move them into nubs if you overlap them, which a BR does not do. 

1 hour ago, Cubanboy said:

Too many question for this tiny thing,

Are they a ship or an obstacle?

If they are a ship how does final Solo work?

Do you need to destroy them for full points? 

If they are an obstacle can you blow them up with siemic charges?

If you drop a shoot on top of it does it go away or does it need to move on top of something?

Is it something else or something more?

I suspect all of these questions will be answered when they supply us with the rules regarding a "remote." 

3 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Unless there's some external reference rule that will be added (and yes, expect some) there's nothing saying they stick. I know, theme...

BUT

For theme, they can in fact stick, since if you put it in the front tracks, the ship is going to overlap the next turn, and the one after that... and that... unless they do a roll, or knock off the droids with a rock, another ship, or they get shot off by a friend.

3 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Thematically, I think this makes sense.

Rules as written? I think it suggests you can barrel roll out of them. The droid controller only gets to move them into nubs if you overlap them, which a BR does not do. 

Yeah, I know that "rules as written" for what we see, but I recall one or two arguments when things were sneak peaked and some people were saying that that was how it was based on what we know.  That it was all iron clad and such.     I just think there will be something that comes out and says they stick as I don't understand why they would slip off.  

9 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Yeah, I know that "rules as written" for what we see, but I recall one or two arguments when things were sneak peaked and some people were saying that that was how it was based on what we know.  That it was all iron clad and such.     I just think there will be something that comes out and says they stick as I don't understand why they would slip off.  

Gotta go with the facts you have until you have more information. I'd rather be wrong going with the stuff we know, rather than being wrong imagining something new.

Edit: For theme, just imagine the roll being hard evasive maneuvers shaking the droids off. It's not that far fetched (for the Star Wars universe, anyway.)

Edited by LagJanson

4 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Maybe, and if it turns out that they stick to the ship then they better be expensive. Making the other player waste attacks on this thing with 3 green dice or trying to position their ship on an asteroid or else you get a FREE CRIT every round is game breaking.

1 hour ago, heychadwick said:

In fiction, Buzzdroids were able to be shaken of by doing weird maneuvers or scraping them of on other ships/astorids. This is consistent with how they work now. Remember that unless the other ship can move backwards or block its front arc, the droid will stick to the ship and move with it. Only by maneuvering through a roll or by blocking the front arc completely can you shake the drones. This is, if anything, closer to how the Buzzdrones work in fiction than just having them stick regardless would have.

Clarification: If a ship overlaps a Buzz Droid and has another ship in front of and behind it, the Buzz Droids cannot be placed, and the regular damage is suffered to the ship they overlapped and themselves.

It says they cannot overlap objects by means of placement on the first ship, so no piggy-backing onto another ship from there, which I think I've seen suggested.

37 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Clarification: If a ship overlaps a Buzz Droid and has another ship in front of and behind it, the Buzz Droids cannot be placed, and the regular damage is suffered to the ship they overlapped and themselves.

It says they cannot overlap objects by means of placement on the first ship, so no piggy-backing onto another ship from there, which I think I've seen suggested.

If the position is unoccupied (doesn't result in the template overlapping an object) at the end of the overlapping move/maneuver it is placed, so yes. But if that condition is met and after the template is placed another of the enemy ships overlaps or moves through the Buzz Droid template it looks to trigger again transferring the droids to the new target, in a way "piggy-backing" from one ship to another. There is allot of agency to remove them from a ship you don't want to be affected by them RAW.

25 minutes ago, thatdave said:

Only in the blister and not in the the Strife box?

From what information we have available you are correct.

Edited by Hiemfire

By the current rules, they'd have to be considered ships to be attackable, which they most likely are since they have defense dice. 

They would not contribute to points scores or final salvo because they have neither points costs or attack dice. Once deployed, they are no longer linked in any way to the ship that deployed them, they are just an object. 

They would not be obstacles by default unless there is a special rule included that makes them obstacles. I would say it's unlikely they will be made obstacles. 

If you drop a rigged cargo on one, nothing will happen. There is nothing on the card that says it can't overlap obstacles, just that it can't be relocated using its first ability in a way that would cause it to overlap an obstacle. You could totally deploy a buzz droid onto an obstacle using the discord missiles for example. 

These are just based on my ability to derive meaning by reading words on cards and in rulebooks. 

3 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

It looks like a damage over time. But now I am wondering what happens after the last ship is attached by buzzdroids?

Does it have the Barrel Roll action? If so it is easy enough to move through then roll out of them.

14 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Does it have the Barrel Roll action? If so it is easy enough to move through then roll out of them.

Well lets look at the card.

swz31_buzz-droid-swarm.png

So owner controls the ship, meaning they will constantly place this in the front guides (the rear guides looks like you can get out).

Unless you have a way of barrel rolling before movement you will have to face plant into an obstacle or another ship to force the owner to place it on the rear guides.

So no barrel rolling will not work. You will still be moving through them.

So now brings to the final question, Is Buzz Droids "Poison". Attach it to the last ship remaining, wait for game to end.

Edited by Marinealver

19 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

Unless you have a way of barrel rolling before movement you will have to face plant into an obstacle or another ship to force the owner to place it on the rear guides.

There’s nothing that says you skip your perform action step if you overlap it - it’s not classed as an obstacle and it doesn’t prevent you from completing your maneuver like a regular ship does.

So you could still perform a barrel roll away after picking one up, as the barrel roll wouldn’t overlap it.

9 minutes ago, DexterOnone said:

So you could still perform a barrel roll away after picking one up, as the barrel roll wouldn’t overlap it.

Which could work as a good way to get a Buzz Droid swarm out of the way of your squad with minimal repercussion. Bank through and then roll away from the Buzz Droids.