Kieransi

Unpopular Opinion Thread

9 minutes ago, Zura said:

still with unlimited bomblets you can stop from detonating.

Scurrg Nym can still do that? How many bomblets will you really use? I don't belive more than 6, probably not even more than 4. So slap a shiel upgrade on and you get what you want

That Epic really isn't that broken, and that the point is to able to put as many of your models on the table as possible for a massive dogfight around 1 or 2 command frigates. 

Some points adjustments for epic ships, and less hit points on all generics with adjusted points, adjusted ordinance, and I think epic would be pretty close to awesome. 

16 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Another unpopular opinion, raised by the other thread... of the three dial types (1.0, 2.0, plastic kits) I rate the dials 1.0 > plastic > 2.0. 

I liked the 1.0 dials and didn't really mind not seeing all my moves 

How?!? You are dead to me!!!

Plastic >>>> 2.0 > 1.0

33 minutes ago, PanchoX1 said:

discord missiles should not be faction locked.

How many non-Separatist ships have a Calculate-native pilot and missile slots? (I'm a rebel main, where I don't think any exist. Does Guri have missiles? L3-3T comes to mind as an actual answer. So one maybe two?) Would you be willing to pay a Threepio tax to put one of these on the Rebel Falcon?

3 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

How many non-Separatist ships have a Calculate-native pilot and missile slots? (I'm a rebel main, where I don't think any exist. Does Guri have missiles? L3-3T comes to mind as an actual answer. So one maybe two?) Would you be willing to pay a Threepio tax to put one of these on the Rebel Falcon?

Native? Leebo (YT-2400). From crew upgrades? Firespray, Scum YT-1300 and YV-666 with IG-88 D; Resistance 1300, Rebel 1300, Dash, Wildspace Fringer 2400's, and K-Wings with 3P0. Nothing Empire or First Order that I'm aware of.

On 3/6/2019 at 12:23 PM, BDrafty said:

Scum is the Hufflepuff faction.

As a Hufflepuff I resent that remark.

15 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

Faction-locking yourself, identifying as a faction, faction loyalty: these are all ridiculous and the only reason why you should ever do that is money. But 'list archetypes' and 'ship archetypes' can be found in most factions, so just play what you enjoy.

Another one: 5. Ships. Is. Not. A. Swarm. That's a miniswarm, you 1e wave9-14 2ship meta buffoons.

Come on, you've got admire some of the Fanatical Devotion these players have.

(And I agree that 6+ makes a swarm, but I've stopped fighting that battle. Been around since Wave 1 First Edition, and that's how it all started, but times change.)

Oh, right, I guess I need my own unpopular opinion. Ahem:

The Decimator is a better ship without boost!

28 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Discord Missiles should not be faction or Calculate token locked.

it is an unpopular opinion thread after all, does it also have to make sense? I don't think that was a requirement. ;)

13 minutes ago, Skitchx said:

Wrong. It goes 2.0 >> 1.0 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Plastic.

But why?! I've been playing with plastic for years now. It combines the advantages of 2.0 with the lack of ambiguity of 1.0. Plus it looks better and makes use of these little inserts. And decorating them with stickers or even painting them doesn't ruin them.

Out of all the weird opinions in this thread, this is the one...

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Native? Leebo (YT-2400). From crew upgrades? Firespray, Scum YT-1300 and YV-666 with IG-88 D; Resistance 1300, Rebel 1300, Dash, Wildspace Fringer 2400's, and K-Wings with 3P0. Nothing Empire or First Order that I'm aware of.

DrFBR3CWoAAoyJ9.jpg

2.0 is actually way more complex and fiddly than 1.0 but most players are still honeymooning. This'll make the game harder to follow and much harder to get into, which isn't great for long term health of the scene. 

The fact that they doubled down with strain and new obstacles isn't going to help.

How's THIS for unpopular? 

The Objectives Variant of X-wing requires more skill than 200/6 dogfight, but most good dogfight players will deny it because they aren't as proficient at strategy as they are at tactics. 

Flame on. 

3 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

But why?! I've been playing with plastic for years now. It combines the advantages of 2.0 with the lack of ambiguity of 1.0. Plus it looks better and makes use of these little inserts. And decorating them with stickers or even painting them doesn't ruin them.

Out of all the weird opinions in this thread, this is the one...

Yes! It is a bit tongue in cheek because I don't really care. I do think they are a bit chunky and most of the painted ones I've seen look bad. Thank you for recognizing my superior unpopular opinion, lol.

Posted (edited)

T-65 x-wings are the best ship in the game, at least for my play-style. Tie Defenders are over-costed, unfortunately since they've been juiced so much in the conversion I'm not sure how much you could reduce their points before they were broken. Also I miss the Tie/D title, gave it a reason to run ion cannons like it should even if x/7 was almost always the more competitive option in 1st edition.

Also I agree with more of the opinions in this thread then I was expecting...Not sure what that says about me or the opinions

Edited by agenttherock

2 hours ago, Firebird TMK said:

Ion weapons are as useless as udders on a porg.

Yes, sometimes. Then you drag a T-70 around the board for 3 turns before flying L'ulo off of the board with an ion and then you realize that maybe they're not so bad after all.