Sign in to follow this  
Slugrage

Rallypoint Details?

So our local FLGS has been offered a Rallypoint Qualifier for 2019. Yay, right?

Except... no one seems know to what this is other than some kind of regional event. FFG OP said in April 2018 and September 2018 that information will be "coming soon" about them, but from what I can find it's been total silence since. Without any details, it's kind of hard to fit it into a schedule of any kind.

Does anyone have any more specific information about what it entails or what the FLGS may need to host it successfully?

From reading the article below, I'm no sure that Rallypoint Qualifiers are still a thing. FFG OP is "in transition" right now but I heard the the first Hyperspace Trialkits for X-Wing showed up on time this past weekend. I would recommend that uour FLGS owner contact OP directly or maybe their Alliance rep.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/1/30/the-future-of-organized-play/

We already did a RQ because we couldn't change the date for the place, of course without any prizes. This is ****. We request the RQ kit last year, and it we should be able to do it in any time of 2019. We planned it for march, and even so late the kit didn't arrive. FFG OP organization is garbage compared with other games: Corvus Belli, Games Workshop...

So apparently these are still going but the owner of my FLGS received an email about them while he was out of town for GAMA, so it appears we missed our opportunity to host one.  I can't disagree with @Hijodecain that FFG OP is having some serious issues right now. 

I'm not sure how other LGS operate but ours relies on community members to keep track of any stuff coming up.  This is hard to do since those of us that try to organize events don't have access to the information from Alliance or FFG OP on when to actually expect kits or the contents of those.

I'm just venting right now but it appears I'm not the only person frustrated with how FFG OP works when I'm trying to build a community for their games.

Rallypoints and the Organized play kits are totally different. 

They certainly have some catching up to do on legion though. 

Slug, please reach out to me if you’d like assistance. I’m currently working with all the stores that have been offered RPs to help them set up their events and maintain consistency between them.