Tirnaog

Vader and VT-49s?

Morning,

When you put Vader in the decimator when you use him does it follow the turrets fire arc direction?

Not just the ships front fire arc?

Posted (edited)

With all due respect @thespaceinvader y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶̶r̶e̶r̶e̶a̶d̶{I'm just going to expand on what was said, adding} the card for reference:

Card_Upgrade_112.png

Darth Vader (crew) does not reference any particular type of firing arc so any active firing arc can be used to trigger him.

Edited by nitrobenz
Nothing wrong with thespaceinvaders original response

28 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

What do you think I said wrong?

My mistake, I think I misread what you wrote. The original response was succinct and correct as usual.

32 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

For completeness, Vader can be used from the VT49's turret arcs, but it does not have (and currently has no way to get) any other firing arcs.

If you equip torpedos, and have the turret aiming to the sides, can you use Vader in a ship in your front arc? 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Txousman said:

If you equip torpedos, and have the turret aiming to the sides, can you use Vader in a ship in your front arc? 

No, because of this little nugget from the rules reference:

A ship's firing arcs include all shaded arcs on the ship's ship token plus all Icon arc single turret arcs, if any.

• If an upgrade card gives a ship a Icon arc single turret arc or primary weapon with a specified arc, those arcs are also firing arcs.

So any upgrade that adds a weapon which does not use a Icon arc single turret and is not a primary weapon does not contribute to a ship's firing arcs.

Edited by joeshmoe554

22 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

The VT49 has no front arc.

It does though. Just as any other ship in the game has one. It also features a bullseye arc. 

It has no front firing arc, nor a bullseye firing arc.