Sign in to follow this  
Varjonnapnew

Moralo and Z-95 Flanking on Turn Two

I have toyed with using Moralo Eval's Flee tactic in the past.  I thought of a way to make it better:

Moralo Eval: YV-666 (74) + (24) 

• Marksmanship, 4-LOM, Hound's Tooth
  • Binayre Pirate: Z-95 DOCKED with Moralo

Captain Seevor: Modified TIE/LN (35)

• Juke

Palob Godalhi: HWK-290 (66)

• Lando Calrissian, Moldy Crow

Total: 199

Main idea here is to have the Binayre Pirate Docked to Moralo at the beginning.  On turn one, Moralo flies off either the right side or left side of the playing area.  On turn two, instead of just positioning Moralo behind Enemy Lines, you bring a Z-95 with you as well. 

On Planning Phase, position Moralo on the side he flew off on, slightly higher or lower than where you expect the enemy to be after maneuvers. 

During System Phase, deploy the Z-95 with a Soft 1 Maneuver in the direction that will mostly put the enemy in Arc. 

During Activation Phase, move Moralo either straight or a Soft 3 Maneuver. 

Moralo and the Z-95 will not have bumped each other, and you will have two Craft flanking the Enemy.  All this time, Palob and Seevor were moving right up the center or slightly banking left or right to catch the enemy in the cross hairs.   Palob strips tokens, 4-LOM prevents other Greens from being used on a ship, and Seevor has a chance to strip a green or Jam a target.

This is all similar to how I used Moralo in the past, but having an additional 2 Attack Dice from the Z-95 on turn two on the enemies flank seems quite Scummy.  

If needed, I can pull Juke off Seevor, and switch Binayre out with Kaa'to Leeachos with a Marksmanship addon for a slightly beefer Z-95. 

Ok ... your turn.  Destroy my idea.  Please and Thank You!

Posted (edited)

Interesting.  I like this.  I am just going to add a deadman switch to the pirate.  Same tactics.  Just rush him into the enemy and maybe get an extra damage in.

Edited by martini74

I can't remember what thread, but a while back someone was Moraloing himself and a Z across the board to make for a nasty decision split. Its wildly fun and, if you do it right, brutal.

I suggested something the following:

Moralo (Title)

Binayre (Concs)

AND

Han (Trick Shot, Title, L3) with

Lando (docked)

OR

Bossk (BT-1, 0-0-0), with 26 points to add upgrades, like Lando and IG on Moralo

OR

A couple PA gunrunners with a Z

OR

Boba (Han gunner? Slave 1 and PerCo?)

OR

4-LOM (AdSen, 0-0-0)

Cpt. Seevor (Trick Shot)

OR

Outmaneuver Fenn and a TIE

OR

Ketsu (Title, Fearless, 0-0-0)

Honestly, the key is to choose 99 more points of something that is a valid, independent threat

I have a list at the moment with N'dru hitching a ride on Moralo, ideally so that Moralo can drop him off immediately before the second jump. It sorta works, but I need to practice how I fly N'dru.

Posted (edited)

I have been using Moralo with Fenn Rau and one z-95 docked in. Its pretty fun list too! That flanking option is pretty fun trick!

Moralo

-Fearless

-Chewbacca

-Hull Upgrade

-Bossk

-Perceptive Copilot

-Hounds Tooth

Fenn Rau

-Daredevil

Black Sun Soldier

-Crack Shot

-Deadmans Switch

200p total

There is lot of points to play around with, this has build just for casual fun games so I havnt optimize it yet or anything.

Edited by Zazaa

I flew against something like this, and it is a fun trick, but it isn't the hardest thing to counter. I do think it may be an effective tool against close range synergy lists, since it dictates how to fly.  but you can always either A. avoid that side of the map. or B. play the waiting game.

make sure the 'non-transporting' half of your list is a threat.

Posted (edited)

I am loving this concept! I was hoping there would be something worthwhile to fly using Hound's Tooth + docked Z-95 that isn't Nashtah Pup but my mind was stuck on a Feedback Binarye that I ultimately decided was way too costly to work. But Moralo + a docked missile Z is too fun of an idea to pass up, even if it might not be the most competitive. Even better, I think this is the first thing I've seen Kaa'to Leeachos might actually work well with! Kaa'to can get a Target Lock, steal a focus off of PerCo Moralo, then launch double modded missiles into the enemy. Then when the heat turns up on him, he can retreat to Moralo for a while, then have Moralo bus him to a prime location for another engagement.

I'm thinking Moralo + PerCo + Title + Docked Concussions Kaato, with either a set of ZZQ, double Scurgg or Kimogila + VTG Ion Y to round out the list, thoughts?

Edited by Enigami

I liked Fenn with him because you can cause turmoil with Moralo starting from round two and your opponent cant deny him either and launching that z-95 leaves plenty of time and gives good distraction for Fenn to swoop enemy down, in theory, but it has worked in casual games well for me and is plenty of fun! :D

2 hours ago, Enigami said:

I'm thinking Moralo + PerCo + Title + Docked Concussions Kaato, with either a set of ZZQ, double Scurgg or Kimogila + VTG Ion Y to round out the list, thoughts?

I'm liking this.  This makes Moralo move of a threat, meaning there is a chance the opponent does come after him first.  This will leave my Seevor and Palob the ability to come in and pull their shenanigans with less risk of being targeted first.  

Double Scurgg or Y-Wing with VTG also sounds fun!  I have been very successful with a squad of Four of those before.  

21 minutes ago, eljms said:

Thread here - https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/291266-moralo-pincer/

One trick I've tried and liked is docking Kaa’to Leeachos with missiles and equipping Moralo with Perceptive Copilot.  Kaa'to can then steal one of the focus tokens to get fully modded missile shots.

Oh, I think I had seen that thread and then forgot about it. Yeah, I expect Graz would be too squishy, but it was an interesting idea to make the opponent wary about chasing after Moralo/Kaa'to and procing his ability. I'd prefer having Concussion Missiles on Kaa'to for this kind of list though, if you're sinking 112+pts into a combo it better be packing a punch, and Ion Missiles kinda limits Kaa'to's potential damage especially once shields are down.

I'm leaning Kimogila + VTG Ion Y-wing or Surveyor (MTG) + Plutt (Quad) + L3-37 (EC) with TacOff for my own variant of the list.

I've been wanting to put this one on the table for awhile but haven't had the chance yet. Use Beckett and Boba Fett to stick Sol Sixxa just outside range three of the opponents ace or bulk of formation. He drops a proton bomb in front of them to start the game then runs away. If they bite on the running Scurgg, Sunny comes rushing up to fire off a missile while Moralo takes the Binayre pirate around the back of the enemy forces.

Moralo Eval (70)    
    Jamming Beam (0)    
    Tobias Beckett (2)    
    Hound's Tooth (1)    

Sunny Bounder (30)    
    Hardpoint: Missile (0)    
    Concussion Missiles (6)    

Binayre Pirate (24)    
    Concussion Missiles (6)    
    Deadman's Switch (2)    

Sol Sixxa (46)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    
    Boba Fett (4)    
    Skilled Bombardier (2)    
    Proton Bombs (5)    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v6!s=200!152:-1,12,-1,62,-1,-1,-1,-1,150:;138:-1,170:U.99;159:99,93,-1:;145:-1,137,16,88,69,-1,-1,-1:&sn=Shenanigans%203%3A%20Every%20story%20comes%20to%20a%20shenanigend&obs=

On 3/5/2019 at 12:10 AM, missileaway said:

Moralo Eval (70)    
    Jamming Beam (0)    
    Tobias Beckett (2)    
    Hound's Tooth (1)    

Sunny Bounder (30)    
    Hardpoint: Missile (0)    
    Concussion Missiles (6)    

Binayre Pirate (24)    
    Concussion Missiles (6)    
    Deadman's Switch (2)    

Sol Sixxa (46)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    
    Boba Fett (4)    
    Skilled Bombardier (2)    
    Proton Bombs (5)    

I hAve used the Boba Fett crew on Moralo, which as been fun!