Sign in to follow this  
nihil2501

Vault Tour: Why Not East Coast?

Given that the east coast of the US is the most densely populated part of the US, participation at one event there should be higher than any other region of the country. But there are none, which is disappointing for me since I live there. I'm sure there are reasons for this, but I'm wondering if FFG anticipates making an effort to do this in the future.

*shrug* Why isn't there one in Roseville where I live 10 minutes from it and they have their own event center?

The closest one to me is the one in Ohio, I believe. They just felt that with their budget, other venues were better off. Maybe there will be one in the East Coast next year, but would it be close to where you are? The East Coast is pretty big...

This game is still in its infancy. Who knows if there will be other Tournament Organizers that pop up similar to StarCityGames and ChannelFireball for Magic where they run their own tours once the software allows it.

Out of the 12 for this year, only half of them are even in the US. I am glad to see they aren't ignoring their global market right off the bat.

I was not really asking about where I live. Allow me to reframe this. NYC, DC, and Philly all rank in the country's top 10 largest metros. The maximum travel time among those to their epicenter is 2 hours. Meanwhile, the travel time to the closest vault tour stop for any of them is between 6.5 and 8.5 hours. These numbers make the inquiry "does FFG anticipate making an effort to address this in the future?" a logical one.

Ah, then that was answered with the rest of my post. They just chose not to this time around to focus on their global market, and this being the first year just means they made the decision that best fit their plan.

There is always next year.

1 hour ago, KandyKidZero said:

Depending on your beliefs, if you go West enough then you get to the East Coast anyways. 

Reminds me of when I was hanging out with a bunch of friends and one of my roommates asked me to get him another drink from the fridge because I was "closest."

I responded "not if you go that way around the world to get it."

This rest of the people agreed that I had a point,  so my roommate had to get up and get the drinks.

Yes, we were all pretty high at the time.

On 3/5/2019 at 3:43 AM, KandyKidZero said:

I am glad to see they aren't ignoring their global market right off the bat.

Global being USA and Europe? For a company owned by a EU parent, I wouldn't say that has much of a global presence.

On 3/3/2019 at 3:33 AM, nihil2501 said:

Given that the east coast of the US is the most densely populated part of the US, participation at one event there should be higher than any other region of the country. But there are none, which is disappointing for me since I live there. I'm sure there are reasons for this, but I'm wondering if FFG anticipates making an effort to do this in the future.

The NOVA Open this year is supposed to have official KeyForge (and L5R) events, so maybe they will?

PAX Unplugged should have one in Nov/Dec this year.  I am not sure if they have a date yet.  You can look at wherever Cascade games goes to have X-wing System Opens and pretty much guarantee that Keyforge will be there too.

On 3/13/2019 at 12:37 PM, Nymz said:

Umm.. Atlanta is the East coast.... 

Nymz, lets not clutter up the argument with facts.  Clearly only North east portions of the country is the "East" coast.