Sign in to follow this  
Ryuneke

Han/Fenn/Terry

Got a hyperspace tournament tomorrow and want to fly this list. I really don’t know how to equip these ships. Fearless on the fangs? L337 on Han? 

The basic list looks like that:

(54) Han Solo [Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(6) Lando's Millennium Falcon
(2) Trick Shot

(68) Fenn Rau [Fang Fighter]

(56) Old Teroch [Fang Fighter]

Total points: 186

I belive Engine Upgrade on Han is the thing you might benefit the most. And stay as it is if you're comfortable with the bid. Bear in mind that Fangs are mourderous with the bid, and weak without. 

I play similar list, and to be comfortable with the bid I downgraded Teroch to Zealous Recruit ;)

List is tricky: you can win every matchup, on the other hand you can loose horribly with one bad green roll or one bad move. 

26 minutes ago, Oldpara said:

I belive Engine Upgrade on Han is the thing you might benefit the most. And stay as it is if you're comfortable with the bid. Bear in mind that Fangs are mourderous with the bid, and weak without. 

I play similar list, and to be comfortable with the bid I downgraded Teroch to Zealous Recruit ;)

List is tricky: you can win every matchup, on the other hand you can loose horribly with one bad green roll or one bad move. 

What about Hotshot gunner? Maybe Han can benefit from his ability when he’s only rolling 2 dice...

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Ryuneke said:

What about Hotshot gunner? Maybe Han can benefit from his ability when he’s only rolling 2 dice...

Comment deleted.

Edited by MUrunner20

20 minutes ago, MUrunner20 said:

Why not Greedo? You’re I6 so Greedo should trigger quite often and if you don’t add EU your squad total is 187 with a 13 pt bid.

Greedo isn't Hyperspace legal

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Ryuneke said:

Got a hyperspace tournament tomorrow and want to fly this list. I really don’t know how to equip these ships. Fearless on the fangs? L337 on Han? 

The basic list looks like that:

(6) Lando's Millennium Falcon
(2) Trick Shot

Total points: 186

Fearless on Fenn or even crackshot on both are worth considering.

The initiative bid is really location specific from what I am hearing. Bidding 12+ points should be enough to trump most other ace lists but you might get away with a 10-11pt bit depending on what you expect to see there. But at least 10pts imo.

I was impressed with the way Paul Heaver flew Boba/Old T/Lando escape shuttle yesterday, in the streamed game he won vs 4ship resistance... i think he faced XUAA from memory. He was really quite conservative with the fang, choosing to keep him out of thick the battle for much of the game, opting for mostly range 3 shots until the late stages of the game. Fangs hate being caught at range 2 and you need time to set up a range one attack without getting blasted to pieces. P.Heaver did this masterfully and he reminded me how important it is to be patient in games. You have limited resources so use them wisely.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

8 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Fearless on Fenn or even crackshot on both are worth considering.

The initiative bid is really location specific from what I am hearing. Bidding 12+ points should be enough to trump most other ace lists but you might get away with a 10-11pt bit depending on what you expect to see there. But at least 10pts imo.

I was impressed with the way Paul Heaver flew Boba/Old T/Lando escape shuttle yesterday, in the streamed game he won vs 4ship resistance... i think he faced XUAA from memory. He was really quite conservative with the fang, choosing to keep him out of thick the battle for much of the game, opting for mostly range 3 shots until the late stages of the game. Fangs hate being caught at range 2 and you need time to set up a range one attack without getting blasted to pieces. P.Heaver did this masterfully and he reminded me how important it is to be patient in games. You have limited resources so use them wisely.

Crackshot on both Fangs and Engine Upgrade on Han for 195 pts. A 5 point bid will be fine in our local meta.

1 hour ago, Dreadai said:

One guy in the UK topped swiss with Han and Fangs went 5-0 at a hyperspace qualifier. It's a solid archetype.

Do you know the list?

So I went 3-1 today. I’m really happy with the result. The problem is that the list doesn’t forgive little mistakes. For instance I dialed in an aggressive move with Terry and he get killed instantly. So I lost the match...

what do you think about adding Seevor and Lando in the Escape Craft for Terry? Lando can start docked and give Han more punch. He can later undock for coordinate shenanigans.

31 minutes ago, Ryuneke said:

So I went 3-1 today. I’m really happy with the result. The problem is that the list doesn’t forgive little mistakes. For instance I dialed in an aggressive move with Terry and he get killed instantly. So I lost the match...

what do you think about adding Seevor and Lando in the Escape Craft for Terry? Lando can start docked and give Han more punch. He can later undock for coordinate shenanigans.

that seems good too. or just get in more games with ur current list?

13 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

so the crackshots were good?

I like it as a cheap alternative to predator/fearless and was able to use it in every match with at least one of the fangs. The best moment was when Fenn shot 5 dice into Vader, Vader evaded 2, Fenn Crack shotted 1 - dead Vader.

It’s an interesting concept I’m going to try out. I’m still flying Palob with a narrow bid. I’m trying to work out if the additional hull and speed is worth the psychological token play of the HWK though. Plus I’d need the Gunner to change arcs as I’m bad with them.

Han is so much fun to fly with all his tricks.  I counted all my attacks with him and was able to get an obstructed shot at something with round about 50%, which is pretty good I suppose. You shouldn`t turn the arc often, yes. 

On 3/3/2019 at 3:02 PM, Ryuneke said:

I was running Hotshot Gunner recently in Han/Fenn/Teroch and it was absolutely amazing. Gives so much value to Han's shots, even if only shooting 2 dice. Definitely an MVP card of the list for me.

On 3/4/2019 at 1:36 AM, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

From my experiences in 2.0 the Fangs need to be flown in a quite different way from 1.0.

It's really crucial to be either out of range/arcs, or at range 1.

So the most important element of my openings are now getting them safely into range 1, and then keeping them there.

I lost quite a lot of Terochs to random range 3 obstructed shots to learn that you just cannot have them hang out at range 3, in arcs.

I also like having both Teroch and Fenn, because then I feel like I can play quite aggressively and trade one of them for a good opponent's piece, and still have a strong end game ship available.

On 3/4/2019 at 1:36 AM, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

I guess this is local meta-specific, but I would not bother with big bids with this squad at all. Fenn and Han are I6 and don't need any bids to trump 99% of the ships, and Teroch can get by when moving first..

On 3/4/2019 at 11:04 AM, Dreadai said:

One guy in the UK topped swiss with Han and Fangs went 5-0 at a hyperspace qualifier. It's a solid archetype.

Agreed. I had this squad in list builder ever since the announcement of 2.0, but was reluctant to put it on table until recently. And it really has impressed me quite a lot.

I think it's quite wrongly underrated currently by lots of players (as is a lot of Scum after the points changes).

8 minutes ago, baranidlo said:

Agreed. I had this squad in list builder ever since the announcement of 2.0, but was reluctant to put it on table until recently. And it really has impressed me quite a lot.

I think it's quite wrongly underrated currently by lots of players (as is a lot of Scum after the points changes).

Do you mind sharing your list?

1 minute ago, Ryuneke said:

Do you mind sharing your list?

I am currently running on this:

Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Han Solo - 69
    •Han Solo - The Corellian Kid (54)
        Trick Shot (2)
        •Lando’s Millennium Falcon (6)
        Hotshot Gunner (7)

Fang Fighter - •Fenn Rau - 71
    •Fenn Rau - Skull Leader (68)
        Fearless (3)

Fang Fighter - •Old Teroch - 59
    •Old Teroch - Mandalorian Mentor (56)
        Fearless (3)

Total: 199/200

I am considering replacing or removing Falcon title (for a bit bigger bid).

I'm a big believer in Fearless on Fangs, since I like to position them aggressively at range 1, and then I need to have good modifiers to make it worth.

2 hours ago, baranidlo said:

I am currently running on this:

Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Han Solo - 69
    •Han Solo - The Corellian Kid (54)
        Trick Shot (2)
        •Lando’s Millennium Falcon (6)
        Hotshot Gunner (7)

Fang Fighter - •Fenn Rau - 71
    •Fenn Rau - Skull Leader (68)
        Fearless (3)

Fang Fighter - •Old Teroch - 59
    •Old Teroch - Mandalorian Mentor (56)
        Fearless (3)

Total: 199/200

I am considering replacing or removing Falcon title (for a bit bigger bid).

I'm a big believer in Fearless on Fangs, since I like to position them aggressively at range 1, and then I need to have good modifiers to make it worth.

Cheers! I run Engine Upgrade on the Falcon. It's amazing because it gives you lots of flexibility. What do you think?

Yesterday  I've run :

Han & Mandalorians

(1) Crack Shot

(1) Crack Shot

(7) Hotshot Gunner
(7) Engine Upgrade
(2) Trick Shot

Total points: 196

I had a blast. To be honest vet skills on Fangs could go I  favor of bigger bid. Other than that the list plays great. I love flying Fangs and love the in Your face risky style. Interestingly Han build is very good. He is not a damage machine,  he is a control piece that shots off focuses and annoy. If a good shot is set up,  just take the opportunity. 

This is certainly an option, but it still a bit limiting movement-wise. Sometimes You need to make S-Loop or K-Turn, or regular turn. L337 won't help there. There is a plus for one-time re-roll on defense though. It is always good to have options :)

16 minutes ago, BoskiChe said:

This is certainly an option, but it still a bit limiting movement-wise. Sometimes You need to make S-Loop or K-Turn, or regular turn. L337 won't help there. There is a plus for one-time re-roll on defense though. It is always good to have options :)

Similar to rebel Lando with nein, always doing blues, while wedge and another joust mix it upnin middle.