Sign in to follow this  
gmoney714

Engaged units and Guardian

Yep just had the flip side of this conversation where I was asking if engaging chewie would lock down his guardian ability, the answer was no.

So for your question, yes Royal Guards can still protect Palpatine when engaged in melee, assuming they are in range and have LOS to palps.

Thanks,  

I accidentally discovered this handy tactical strategy.  IF the rebels leave one or more unit in range 2 or closer to Palpatine your IRGs can do a double move to engage, then cannot be fired upon.  The Emperor can then move in and fry the other unit, or hopefully units.  I combined this move into the middle of the map with the "And Now You Will Die" command card for some very heavy damage with some good rolls to three different units.  PLUS, the IRGs mauled their engaged unit on the next turn.  The immobilize tokens prevented surviving units from breaking contact, giving other units to close in for ranged attacks.  The guards soaked up critical hits and gave Palp more activations.

Even if you lose the game later, this is too much fun to not attempt whenever possible.

G

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, gmoney714 said:

Thanks,  

I accidentally discovered this handy tactical strategy.  IF the rebels leave one or more unit in range 2 or closer to Palpatine your IRGs can do a double move to engage, then cannot be fired upon.  The Emperor can then move in and fry the other unit, or hopefully units.  I combined this move into the middle of the map with the "And Now You Will Die" command card for some very heavy damage with some good rolls to three different units.  PLUS, the IRGs mauled their engaged unit on the next turn.  The immobilize tokens prevented surviving units from breaking contact, giving other units to close in for ranged attacks.  The guards soaked up critical hits and gave Palp more activations.

Even if you lose the game later, this is too much fun to not attempt whenever possible.

G

you cant absorb critical hits from guardian. only hits.

Edited by azeronbloodmoone

9 hours ago, gmoney714 said:

Thanks,  

G

You know he can't shoot at the unit that's engaged by your Royal Guards, right?

10 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

You know he can't shoot at the unit that's engaged by your Royal Guards, right?

Force Lightning is both melee and ranged.  He just moves in and then melees them.