Zeoinx

FFG Live....And Armada Dead...

1 minute ago, ninclouse2000 said:

Well it is unfortunate that there appears to be no armada news for at least a month but I don’t think the game is dead. 

When I say dead, I refer to the official source, not necessarily the community itself. It feels Armada Players dont deserve to be gazed down at lovenly by FFG Staff with News Articles or anything snippet of Information. 

Edited by Zeoinx

I just played armada again tonight for the first time in a bout 3 months, i have just built an imperial fleet since i have been playing rebels for the last two years. And i just love the game, and don't understand why FFG just wont promote it. I have played legion, i have played x wing. They are both good games. But armada is by far the greatest and relives all the great  moments from star wars space battles. 

Why oh Why FFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, mcworrell said:

I agree with this. I love watching Armada streams and games, but I don’t know how many people who don’t play will watch. 

I don’t know how many people who do play will watch.  As great as this game is to play, spectating is usually like watching paint dry.

3 hours ago, stonestokes said:

I agree with this except in the case of games played by the Australians. They are usually pretty entertaining.

Thats because they need to hurry during the games before their game hall's are invaded by giant spiders, scorpians, or other random monsters trying to kill them. It truly is a life or death struggle in the Galactic Civil War down there.

jep, FFG and Armada.

I stopped thinking, wondering or complaining about it. FFG can thankfully create 1st world problems only... therfore it is easy to avoid them. Money talks. I simply stopped buying games from FFG or recommending this company to any person entering the community. Just waiting to get my pre-orders I made couple of months ago and then I` m done. (game of thrones expansion + SSD)

I still play their games, especially Armada, but I don`` t want to subsidise this poor handling of their customer base.
They print FFG on their games, but they are not the same company as some years ago anymore. With Peterson leaving the comany the spirit left with him. Would be cool if he opens another comany again with the money he got.

Sorry if this thread gets shut down, due to the statements above 🙂

10 hours ago, xero989 said:

I think just the nature of our game makes ot hard to stream it for only an hour.

Do a showcase of the SSD, do scenarios where you can act out stuff without playing full games... lots of stuff they could do in half hour let alone a full hour

Their streams seem to be about an hour to an hour 40 long. Fitting much Armada in that might be a little tricky.

They've also got maybe 15 active games at the moment? They seem to be doing one Keyforge stream a week (as that's their new big thing) and then one other stream - so at 3-4 streams a month, it may take a bit for them to get around to Armada.

And if they're planning to announce anything new for Armada, I imagine they'd wait until after that before doing a stream.

At the risk of predicting FFG's behaviour and getting our hopes up, I'd guess the SSD is now not going to be out until Worlds at the earliest. If it is ready by then, perhaps we'll get the SSD, and a Wave 8 announcement around Worlds, possibly with a stream in early April. If not, then... who knows.

It doesn't feel that FFG is deliberately letting Armada die, perhaps more that they've got so much other stuff going on and their community/article-people aren't thinking to do anything about Armada. They've got nothing to announce (for now), not much to talk about, so it isn't high in their "articles to write" list.

this is not a force of nature. high or not, so much other stuff, thats a deliberate choice.

I wonder where it comes from that so many people assume that this just happens. If there is time to create and print some xwing and legion special US convention minis, to write about IAs, Xs and Destinys meta / event reports, do Lot5R sourcebooks and short stories and whatnot, then thats a decision. And its a conscious decision to not do Armada stuff.

Of course the game is not dead, I dont believe that for a second. And wont be. And locally many people do what they can to keep the base. But the company makes it look dead, sorry to say.

However, still believing a new wave 8 is announced in April. Whatever that wave will consist of.

And by the way, maybe we don't have the exposure that we should have, but Armada is not dead. As long that there is no word from FFG about this.

We don't know, perhaps they changed their marketing leader ;)

woohoo-marketing-team.jpg

Id lover lancer and gunship, but since the raider is already specifically vs squads, I wonder if lancers would come. 

Hoooowever, bring them on 😁

PS, wirh Corr Gunship I mean DP20. As per slaved turrets alt art.

Edited by NebulonB

1 hour ago, NebulonB said:

As per slaved turrets alt art.

Gah, it's the same art! It's weird how many people seem to miss this; I don't know if it is the different angle in the image, or that it is cropped differently, but it is the same art.

Most of the recent "alt-arts" have been different crops of the original art. The Kuat and Hammerheads from Regionals and SCs were different, and the stuff from nationals, but the last couple of "season" kits, and the rest of the Regionals and SCs stuff are all the original art.