Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

LEGO Episode IX Releases (and what we will probably get as well)

18 minutes ago, IronOx said:

I do want a movie set between the OT and new trilogy that explains how corruption and espionage completely derails the E-wing production and deployment so we have a reason they aren't around.

You want a whole movie about why a fighter doesn't happen?

Also rumor has it Rey ends up with one. So who knows.

2 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Given how VIII ended, nowhere good. I mean, they're literally one ship.

Well, nobody said Episode 9 has to pick up immediately after 8. It could be one day, a week, or years between the events of Ep8 and Ep9.

We have no idea what their status will be (although we can infer still they are the underdogs and that it will likely take place between one day to a few years at most in time after 8.... too far forward and the actors don’t age right, etc).

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

I'm betting that has more to do with your region, or at a minimum the toy stores you've looked in, being very caustic towards "violent toys" than Disney not having them produced.

From an aesthetic standpoint I agree, from a function standpoint no. He theorycrafted it as a militarized yacht with sensor equipment because he thinks the B-Wing is a bomber instead of a gunship. It's like throwing out the A-10 because Apache's have a rotary cannon...

Hmm I live in Denmark, I don't think we have any laws about violet toys... But all the stores was pretty much throwing their SW stuff at customers after ep7. Micro machines sets and figures for about 1,5$ and such. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, JasonCole said:

Clearly fake news. The left nacelle should be 3x longer than the right.

No, that was clearly a Gold Squadron Modification and also, it was the right one that was longer then the left.

Edited by Zeoinx

Back on topic, I don’t expect the Resistance Y-wing to be an updated version like the T-70. Rather given the rag-tag nature of the Resistance and the sad state of their military at the end of TLJ they would be reusing a lot of Rebellion era tech or whatever they can get their hands on. And being rebels they’re good at turning old junk into usable fighting machines so reckon it would be a retrofitted BTL-A4. 

The FO though, I’ve heard on good authority that there will be a handful of new Tie designs. The aforementioned Tie bomber could be one of them. It fits the narrative of them having the technological edge over the Resistance.

Posted (edited)

Reminder that these are not photos of official documents but graphics made by the rumor channel. So any details on them are very speculative.

LEGO always releases some sets from older films as part of their new film branding. So assualt on jakku might well be a battle seen in TFA. The Y-wing might be a remade ANH model which the rumor monger just assumed is resistance due to it coming out as part of the ep9 waves. etc.

right now we are in the same point and similar arguments we had regarding the lego releases for tFA and TLJ. Remember how during the TLJ wave they released a desert version of the snowspeeder and everyone was convinced there was going to be a battle on jakku in it? Even though the lego kit was clear it even on announcement was not related to TLJ?

Edited by mithril2098

5 hours ago, IronOx said:

I understand what you're saying. There are a lot of planes that didn't last though. There are a handful of B52s with 50 year old air frames. The F117s however are now all retired.

O RLY?

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/26728/lets-talk-about-the-rumor-that-f-117s-have-flown-missions-in-the-middle-east-recently

(Sorry to interrupt the TLJ rehashed argument with a completely irrelevant yet VERY topical discussion about the F-117's post-official-retirement career).

On 3/2/2019 at 1:15 PM, Dwing said:

SW toys are tanking big time. 

That really isn't a Star Wars specific issue, that's the toy industry as a whole.  Sales have been significantly declining on anything over the $10 mark since the mid-2010s.

On 3/2/2019 at 8:15 AM, Dwing said:

Calm your ****. The park was planned years ago, together with ep7. Off course they are not scrapping that.

SW toys are tanking big time. 

Outside grown up SW fans, I have seen or heard zero hype for any of the SW shows from actual kids. 

Finally the succes of x-wing the game, has nothing to do with ep 7 or 8, or how poorly Disney has handeled its new property. No SW did not go away overnight, but as other has mentioned, the love and craftmanship that was applied to the Marvel universe, was not used here, before they rushed into an aimless new trilogy. Further more, the cancellation of seceral SW movies should tell you Disney is on a correction course. Keep mocking people who has a different opinion than you, it only makes you look like a fool. 

It's not like Marvel toys have been flying off the shelves, either. I see more shelf space at Target given to Star Wars toys than Marvel, so I'm not sure that comparison works as well as you think.

41 minutes ago, Jarval said:

That really isn't a Star Wars specific issue, that's the toy industry as a whole.  Sales have been significantly declining on anything over the $10 mark since the mid-2010s.

Yep. My son loves Star Wars, with Kylo Ren being his favorite. He has no interest in a Kylo Ren action figure. It's just not his thing. He'll spend hours playing Lego Star Wars video games, though. And Angry Birds Star Wars. And other Star Wars tablet games that we've downloaded. Action figures and vehicle playsets just don't grab kids the way they did when we were kids.

48 minutes ago, Freeptop said:

It's not like Marvel toys have been flying off the shelves, either. I see more shelf space at Target given to Star Wars toys than Marvel, so I'm not sure that comparison works as well as you think. 

Yep. My son loves Star Wars, with Kylo Ren being his favorite. He has no interest in a Kylo Ren action figure. It's just not his thing. He'll spend hours playing Lego Star Wars video games, though. And Angry Birds Star Wars. And other Star Wars tablet games that we've downloaded. Action figures and vehicle playsets just don't grab kids the way they did when we were kids.

Thank you for saying this. A lot of people looking at the toy sales really don't understand the value a "Free To Play" game has for not just the child but the whole gatdam family. It isn't always free, but it's a way for kids to have fun for a sort of lower expense than they would otherwise- especially with figures not costing 5-6 bucks like they used to when we were kids.

You used to be able to clean out shelves with 100 bucks. Today you can barely take a chunk.

Both with 100 bucks you can have a loooot of virtual fun characters on galaxy of heroes, or something.

2 hours ago, Jarval said:

Sometimes, I suspect that Star Wars toys are more meant to sell to adult collectors for the nostalgia than they are meant to sell to children.

Especially given facts such as this. Kids just don’t play the same way they used to. 

On 3/2/2019 at 6:05 PM, IronOx said:

Perhaps the new tie bomber will borrow some of the silencer's appearance. It did have some serious firepower. Maybe we'll get a FO punisher that shares a chassis with the FO ship at the theme park.

It would be quite amusing if the FO Bomber looked exactly like the TIE Punisher.

11 hours ago, millertime059 said:

Counterpoint: Paw Patrol sells by the shed load. But it’s one of a few exceptions.

That is a show aimed at a far younger demographic than any of the current and previous SW material, and an age demographic where physical play is still the preferred mode, both by the kids and parents.

so it really isn't comparable.

25 minutes ago, mithril2098 said:

That is a show aimed at a far younger demographic than any of the current and previous SW material, and an age demographic where physical play is still the preferred mode, both by the kids and parents.

so it really isn't comparable.

Eh sure, but if you are talking about sales of toys and merch, it’s absolutely worth bringing up. I agree with the premise of action figures being far less popular these days. I’m just pointing out it is a uniform drop, and it still has some viable legs. 

Again, father of a 5 year old with lots of Paw Patrol, some Star Wars (most of the Hot Wheels starships), and access to a tablet. So I’m seeing this at ground level 😉

I think Toy's R Us cited free-to-play downloadable games as a significant factor in reduction of overall toy sales over the last 10 years (and hence why they went bankrupt).

Having said that, go to any Wal-Mart or Target and go to the Lego aisle. Half the shelf space is dedicated to Star Wars Lego sets.

On 3/3/2019 at 12:43 AM, Dwing said:

Hmm I live in Denmark, I don't think we have any laws about violet toys... But all the stores was pretty much throwing their SW stuff at customers after ep7. Micro machines sets and figures for about 1,5$ and such. 

Didn’t like danish Top Toys just declare bankruptcy, bringing pretty much all of their BR and Toys R’ Us stores down with them?... This has nothing to do with Star Wars man, this has to do with kids not playing with toys like they (we) used to.

I’m a father of three, and can honestly say that, just by looking at how my sons and their friends and schoolmates play and interact, toys and action figures just doesn’t grab kids’ attention like they used to. 

With that said, being from scandinavia myself, I can’t seem to recall what you’re describing regarding TFA and the toys following it... Huge shelves of Star Wars merch, regularily stocked is my experience.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Scrivner said:

I think Toy's R Us cited free-to-play downloadable games as a significant factor in reduction of overall toy sales over the last 10 years (and hence why they went bankrupt).

Having said that, go to any Wal-Mart or Target and go to the Lego aisle. Half the shelf space is dedicated to Star Wars Lego sets.

actually the reason Toys-r-us went bankrupt was due to the massive debt incurred when private-equity firms bought them out in 2005, then set in place horribly unbalanced financial polices and unrealistic profit goals alongside short sighted and inconsistant management.  then the private equity firm owners declared the company's bankruptcy in a maneuver to get out of said debt, liquidate all existing physical assets for a short term gain, get out of employee contracts (especially retirement ans severance packages), all so that they could rebrand as an online seller.

it had nothing to do with the state of the retail market.

Edited by mithril2098

On 3/4/2019 at 5:03 PM, XPav said:

Wait we're adding Paw Patrol as a faction now?

Now I’m waiting for someone to post a Paw Patrol themed squadron on the Painting and Modifications board...