Sign in to follow this  
OberMatthew

XX-9, FCT, crit

Hi everyone! :D

How are yuo?

I'm here again to ask you for explanations about something!

1) First case in which i have "turbolaser" or "ion cannon upgrade" equipped on my ship.
I roll the dice and i have a critic (blue and red).
Can i use XX-9 and HIE at the same time?

2) with XX-9, if the enemy ship has 0 shields and my only die is a red die with a critic, how much damage will the enemy ship actually suffer?

One critic? Two Critics? Two critics and a damage? And why i should use FCT with this upgrade?

3) When i use any upgrade that requires to spend a critical effect (HIE, APT, ACM ....), in the final amount of damage the damage of the die is to be counted or i choose to activate an effect and the die is like if i took it off?

Thanks to everyone, you are always so comprehensive, nice and helpful!

Posted (edited)

In the normal rules, You can only resolve one critical effect per attack.

So you can use either HIE or XX9

As you have stated, Fire Control exists to allow you to resolve a second. You cannot without this upgrade.

You do not remove the die showing the critical unless the effect tells you to - and no critical effect thusfar tells you to spend the die to trigger it... 

XX9 says “the first two damage cards would be face up” (instead of face down), so if you are only doing 1 Hull damage with your one die, that one card will be. You do not get a free extra damage card. (Tgat is what APT is for)

Edited by Drasnighta

Posted (edited)

Welcome! See you are a new player maybe? (or at least new to the forums.)
Understanding Star Wars Armada can be difficult and some things don't seem to make sense. May I direct you to my channel? I'm currently in the process of reviewing how every card in the game works, and I'm alittle over half way!

http://www.youtube.com/c/SWAEStarWarsArmadaExplained 

Edited by Karneck

6 minutes ago, Karneck said:

Welcome! See you are a new player maybe? (or at least new to the forums.)
Understanding Star Wars Armada can be difficult and some things don't seem to make sense. May I direct you to my channel? I'm currently in the process of reviewing how every card in the game works, and I'm alittle over half way!

http://www.youtube.com/c/SWAEStarWarsArmadaExplained 

This is just what i was looking for on youtube for months! Subscription done ! ;) 

Rebels next Admiral should be a fleet wide FCT effect. "Once per activation you may spend one die to activate two non-standard critical effects"

Would make the MC75 and the MC80L and the MC30s soooo nasty.