Sign in to follow this  
UnitOmega

Courts of Stone, a new sourcebook

On 7/23/2019 at 12:49 AM, Avatar111 said:

the day you spend like 24xp to finish the Yoriki title is a sad day indeed.

Funny that you say that: While I am the GM of our group, it is customary in our RPGs that a player picks up the screen every now and then, which is why the GM has a character in the backhand with the same number of XP as the PCs, as well as similar titles, honor etc, to play when he becomes a player.

And my character is only 4 XP short of finishing the Yoriki title! Jinx, I guess...  😁

(While my group works for the Emerald Magistrates, I only gave one that title and the others are Yoriki of the Emerald Magistrates.)

Edited by Harzerkatze

I am not sure I understand the technique Like a Ghost right.

A TN 2 Fitness check to move 1 range band, TN 4 to move 2. It ignores terrain. 2 opps make that move silent.

Seeing that 1 range band is about 1,5 meters and 2 range bands is about 3, what is the technique good for. How is it like a ghost?

The description sounds like it is supposed to be unseen movement, that if you can move behind cover opponents will not know where you went. But the technique does not say anything regarding that.

You can move vertically with the technique, but you could just as well just use Air opps.

So what would you say is the technique intended to be?

The description is the technique, and the "vanish" par is said to be only those very good at it. 

Which leads into your description of the technique is wrong. You move an additional range band for every 2 bonus successes you get, so if you say, kept exploding you could conceivably ninja vanish your way all the way to the horizon - unlikely but possible. In general, I think the point of Like A Ghost is the ignoring terrain, the free vertical movement and over short gaps, without needing to spend additional opportunity. You can silently leap from tree to tree or roof to roof, you can move faster over mud, rocks, even traps defenders of a castle (as discussed earlier in CoS) might have laid out. People without this technique may not be able to follow you physically, and it's a lot harder to stop you. A great general technique for rapid movement which can scale as you get better and better (it being a Rank 2 technique).