36 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Guess we better get used to seeing Star Wars ships from nearby human height. But I can’t tell anything about the scale. Is that the size of a lambda?

Hope not, but it seems like it.

They also said there would be a shuttle.

41 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Guess we better get used to seeing Star Wars ships from nearby human height. But I can’t tell anything about the scale. Is that the size of a lambda?

It looks like it's basically a TIE Reaper for the First Order, so probably a little bit bigger than a Reaper, but not as big as a Lambda.

OKay here's my conjecture.

Based on the flora in the background, this picture was taken in Florida.

And one of the things that the Imagineer's love to do is to mess with forced perspective.  For instance, Cinderella's Castle (Magic Kingdom) looks like it's 250 feet tall, but in reality it's only 30 feet tall*.  

So while the ramp looks "normal" for human embarkation, the level above it looks pretty squished down.  So an actual cast member who would need to crouch down to actually stand "inside."

The wings and blasters also look like they're forced to point upward, giving the illusion of being bigger than reality.  So I'm guessing that this thing will only be 12 feet tall (in reality) while appearing to be 30 feet tall!

So don't get so tied up on 1:1 scale at Disney.  Not even the toy blasters that they won't sell you because "guns" will be at a 1:1 scale.

On the plus side it will look cool!

I'm guessing that this ship will be as relevant to the Star Wars universe as the Starspeeder 1000 (from Star Tours).

* OKay some enterprising person is going to try to audit my Cinderella Castle stats, but I already know they're wrong.  I don't care!  The underlying principle is still the same.  Everything in Disney World looks bigger than it really is.  Even "Small World" looks bigger than you think!  (However the Kitchen Sink Sundae https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/kitchen-sink-dessert-recipe-at-beaches-and-cream-at-disney’s-beach-club-resort/ at Beaches and Cream IS as big as it seems!  Bring friends!  Lots of them)!

=

It's a troop transport according

to https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/02/28/star-wars-episode-9-red-stormtroopers-galaxys-edge/

Based on the latter that is not a prop but actually a workmen's, I sat it's sitting up 8 feet from the ground. And probably another 5 feet taller than that from the front.

That thing seems festooned with guns for a troop transport! There are four on the side wings and a little turret undernead the (presumably?) cockpit. 

Does anyone else thing it’s weird that you look like you can only get to the front of the ship if the door is closed? You have to run in, close the door, and *then* stroll over your door to get to the pilot seat...? Seems odd. 

14 hours ago, Freeptop said:

It looks like it's basically a TIE Reaper for the First Order, so probably a little bit bigger than a Reaper, but not as big as a Lambda.

Dang it! you're probably right. Sorry Empire..... :-(

I'm pretty sure that's the cockpit section from a Rogue One Zeta-class Cargo Shuttle. It might even have been repurposed from the prop they used for the Scarif scenes. 

It's very, very similar anyway. 

Given this is supposed to be a First Order ship, but is painted like an Imperial TIE, it's certainly an oddity. It might even be an actual Ugly. 

14 hours ago, Mark Caliber said:

OKay here's my conjecture.

Based on the flora in the background, this picture was taken in Florida.

And one of the things that the Imagineer's love to do is to mess with forced perspective.  For instance, Cinderella's Castle (Magic Kingdom) looks like it's 250 feet tall, but in reality it's only 30 feet tall*.  

So while the ramp looks "normal" for human embarkation, the level above it looks pretty squished down.  So an actual cast member who would need to crouch down to actually stand "inside."

The wings and blasters also look like they're forced to point upward, giving the illusion of being bigger than reality.  So I'm guessing that this thing will only be 12 feet tall (in reality) while appearing to be 30 feet tall!

So don't get so tied up on 1:1 scale at Disney.  Not even the toy blasters that they won't sell you because "guns" will be at a 1:1 scale.

On the plus side it will look cool!

I'm guessing that this ship will be as relevant to the Star Wars universe as the Starspeeder 1000 (from Star Tours).

* OKay some enterprising person is going to try to audit my Cinderella Castle stats, but I already know they're wrong.  I don't care!  The underlying principle is still the same.  Everything in Disney World looks bigger than it really is.  Even "Small World" looks bigger than you think!  (However the Kitchen Sink Sundae https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/kitchen-sink-dessert-recipe-at-beaches-and-cream-at-disney’s-beach-club-resort/ at Beaches and Cream IS as big as it seems!  Bring friends!  Lots of them)!

=

TIL 189 feet is actually 12 feet...

2 hours ago, PaulRuddSays said:

It’s First Order, apparently for a specific elite squad of stormtroopers. 

...but sporting a Galactic Empire colour scheme and not the FO's usual black and white?

Maybe they're going off brand...