GravyAnecdote

What are the least popular cards in AH:LCG?

I love Prophesy, but then I'm playing Marie.

I'll See You In **** should be a staple for multiplayer Calvin, but then he's probably the least played character, too.

Handcuffs are simply great.  I've never regretted having them in a deck.

Knuckledusters are bottom? Knuckledusters are lower than Blackjack?!

I ran through Night of the Zealot on Standard with these decks:

The team punched a Flesh-Eater, an Icy Ghoul, the Ghoul Priest, 4 Cultists and Umôrdhoth to death, as well as several Ghoul Minions and a couple of Nightgaunts. The end result is that I'd now be much more inclined to run Knuckledusters on Easy/Standard, which previously I wouldn't have gone anywhere near.

3 hours ago, Assussanni said:

The team punched a Flesh-Eater, an Icy Ghoul, the Ghoul Priest, 4 Cultists and Umôrdhoth to death, as well as several Ghoul Minions and a couple of Nightgaunts. The end result is that I'd now be much more inclined to run Knuckledusters on Easy/Standard, which previously I wouldn't have gone anywhere near.

I love decks like this.  This list should be a starting place for experimentation.

colt vest pocket is pretty great too.   A nice early game combo with Sleight of Hand, and a wonderful weapon to have around if you are trying to do Sleight of Hand/Lupara tricks later down the line,  gives you something to use SoH on before you gain XP.  

least popular doesn't mean worst.  Clearly in card game cards go over looked for a variety of reasons.  I do like Knuckledusters fine.  It's cheap and reliable.  If you have high strength or ways to pump you strength it's certainly a better pick than both Switch Blades.  Problem usually is the Rogues have mediocre to poor strength.  We just need Mike McGlen to come into the game as a 5 strength Rogue.  Then Knuckledusters will be bonkers.  There's no way Knuckleduster should be at the bottom of the list with the masochistically designed Trench Knife.

In contrast Blackjack lvl 1 is almost useless.  Knife is almost always better than Blackjack even without comparing it to the other Guardian weapons.  I think my least favorite weapon in the game is the Springfield because it costs so much experience and it teases great stats.  Though when you go to try and use it the thing is ridiculously impossible to use reliably.  They might as well have not printed it considering this is already a high experience version of the card.  Feels like they could have made it the level 1 or 2 version of it and people still wouldn't bother with it.  You just waste your time doing all this extra stuff to get it to work when you could have just taken a Shotgun or Lightning Gun.  The Springfield Rifle is too good a weapon in reality to suffer such a fate.

Edited by phillos

There's a lot of cards on here that I'm surprised about. Coup de Grace is pretty useful too for testless damage. I usually take a copy or two on Sefina, but I suppose she's a bit of an edge case. 

I also love Colt Vest Pocket, Stunning Blow, and Torrent of Power. Improvised weapons are fantastic. Especially when you're up against an encounter deck that is making you discard cards and assets (in play or from your deck/hand).

Maybe I just think about these things differently? But a lot of these cards are not great for EVERY deck, which is probably why they show up as a low ranked card. 

I have also used Stunning Blow to very good effect in my Rita deck and Torrent of Power obviously has a place in Akachi decks.  Though they certainly are more situational considering they aren't necessarily auto includes in those decks.  So I suspect you are right Soakman.  Low ranked here clearly doesn't mean weakest.

4 hours ago, awp832 said:

colt vest pocket is pretty great too.   A nice early game combo with Sleight of Hand, and a wonderful weapon to have around if you are trying to do Sleight of Hand/Lupara tricks later down the line,  gives you something to use SoH on before you gain XP.  

It's also not terrible to have on hand just to get some extra damage in if you don't have something better ready yet. It's cheap, does extra damage, and adds to your combat skill. Yes, it takes an action to play, but in the class that has Narrow Escape, (or even if you can take the  to play while engaged), 4 damage is not nothing. And with quick thinking and Leo at your disposal, you often will get in at least 2 shots even if you don't have a SoH handy.

23 hours ago, Assussanni said:

I linked to your Leo deck in the post. I love the Finn deck. It's great how you're playing with these cards.

15 hours ago, phillos said:

least popular doesn't mean worst.

Absolutely. And beyond your excellent explanation it's also important to remember that this data represents a tiny subset of the playing population. Most ahlcg payers probably don't even engage with the online community let alone publish decks. 

8 hours ago, GravyAnecdote said:

Absolutely. And beyond your excellent explanation it's also important to remember that this data represents a tiny subset of the playing population. Most ahlcg payers probably don't even engage with the online community let alone publish decks. 

This very true, and even those that do don’t publish them all...

but it has certainly generated some good debate and may help people take a second look at some cards....

now where’s my kukri??!!