Sign in to follow this  
Pooleman

FFG LIVE

General gist from what I noticed: 
1. Occupier is OK, ion and weak spots can and do hurt it, but the red die really help keep it alive longer. Its biggest impact will be the pilot upgrades that come with it.   I'm really looking forward to them, as I'd much rather FFG fix lagging units with cards than errata everything that isn't super optimal. 

2. Death Troopers died too fast to make any real impact.  I like some of what I saw, but again, didn't see very much of it to make an opinion. 

3. Bossk is OK, but still not overly interesting to me.

4. X-34 is fast and agile, with enough punch to make it hurt.  I can actually see Wedge being good on this.

5. Sabine is, predictably, ridiculously good. Disney's Golden Girl strikes again. She's the best parts of Luke, Han, and Boba rolled into one.

17 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

The Shield generator looks a little less so. FFG seems to think Recover is an action we should be taking a lot more than we actually do? I'm waiting for the Rebel equivalent to Veer's Imperial Discipline. 

I'd still take it sometimes even if I didn't plan on recharging it. However, one of her command cards gives her a free recover.

44 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

I'd still take it sometimes even if I didn't plan on recharging it. However, one of her command cards gives her a free recover.

Depending on volume of incoming attacks, recovering the shield is at least as good as dodging and situationally better, so at least there's that.

1 hour ago, arnoldrew said:

True, 10 points for 2+ guaranteed blocks (depending on command cards, and battlefield situation) is not the worst. I was more referencing the new re-configurable Armament upgrades, in addition to the number of exhaust upgrades/weapons. 

so i will post this here also in case people didn't see the other post

1. disembark with snowtrooper after 1 move from the tank allows them to still shoot as they get a free move action right after disembarking.

2. Sabine graffiti bomb: Graffiti is placed on a terrain flat, and if a friendly unit within range 2 and LOS to the TOKEN not the terrain can see it they add 1 extra dice to the rally step, if a enemy within range 2 see it then 1 less dice to a min of 1. for the rally step for the rest of the game

3. shield still block hits and crits (refer to the stream when he rolled a surge on his bomb and used shield to block the surge which on the bomb is surge to crit) and must be recover to recharge it. pierce can go through the block. also its for range attacks only not melee. (this is done at the same time as the dodge part of the attack)

4. poison goes on even if it block on hits, it stays on till the next units activation and at the end of their activation it will be removed and deal 1 damage.
5. treat is being updated to be able to remove poison, this is the only way to remove poison as of right now before it damages a unit and counts as one of the heals for the mini.

6. the tank when it rotate it must be able to rotate on the ground level. if there is terrain right beside it it can't rotate that direction even if the final spot is cleared.
7. regenerate can take away bossk enrage ability if he drops below the enrage value.  also it is both shield and surge to recover health and its white dice only (for now).
8. bossk command card "lying in wait" is unlimit range and doesn't require sight and it can be all units that activates that round only.

9. compel doesn't stack from two different units.

Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2019 at 3:01 PM, DarkTrooperZero said:

Did we not learn anything from Xwing 1.0, fix cards are a horrible horrible game design method.

So now that our T47 can have cover 2 pilot it completely invalidates wedge instead of just god dam fixing the actual ship.

So instead of swearing at us give us a better solution. What’s the proper fix, and how would you roll it out to the people?

Edited by Pooleman

1 hour ago, Pooleman said:

So instead of swearing at us give us a better solution. What’s the proper fix, and how would you roll it out to the people?

So it's 2019 right, we have internet everywhere in the world that would play legion. FFG use the internet to update the RRG numerous times to add new rules not found in the core set rules or change rules. And we all accept that because we are capable humans who can comprehend change and remember it.

Yet somehow some people just can't comprehend that adjusting points costs which is the most basic and easy way to make something more viable is possible?

By adjusting/fixing the base chassis by lowering points costs or giving cover 2 as an errata or giving the AtSt surges we don't need to completely utterly invalidate Weiss and Wedge from being worthless as somehow a f*ing random mechanic is a better pilot than the rebels best pilot and death star 2 destroyer.

13 minutes ago, DarkTrooperZero said:

Didn't wedge fly into the death star 2 trench and blow up a part of the generator along with Lando who blew another part

I think he's trying to say that every game of Legion is set during ESB somehow.

3 minutes ago, TalkPolite said:

I don’t think this pilot was an intended fix for the T-47. You’re probably over estimating how much they care about fixing it at this point of time. 

Games been out a year, T47 has been trash since release. I really like legion and hope the people who make it do as well so I hope they are actively wanting to improve the game.

1 minute ago, DarkTrooperZero said:

Games been out a year, T47 has been trash since release. I really like legion and hope the people who make it do as well so I hope they are actively wanting to improve the game.

Oh I’m sure they want to fix it, but their priorities and the companies priorities are probably very different things. 

Whats more profitable? Making new models to draw people in the game or fixing the price/stats of a year old T-47? 

Alex, Luke, and the playtesters all play this game. But their ability to change things post release is something that likely takes a lot of time (and effects production). 

3 hours ago, DarkTrooperZero said:

So it's 2019 right, we have internet everywhere in the world that would play legion. FFG use the internet to update the RRG numerous times to add new rules not found in the core set rules or change rules. And we all accept that because we are capable humans who can comprehend change and remember it.

Yet somehow some people just can't comprehend that adjusting points costs which is the most basic and easy way to make something more viable is possible?

By adjusting/fixing the base chassis by lowering points costs or giving cover 2 as an errata or giving the AtSt surges we don't need to completely utterly invalidate Weiss and Wedge from being worthless as somehow a f*ing random mechanic is a better pilot than the rebels best pilot and death star 2 destroyer.

Adjusting points cost is the clumsiest and least useful method.

That’s of course assuming something needed adjusting, it doesn’t. 

4 minutes ago, DarkTrooperZero said:

Surely you are a troll, surely no one can be that stubborn to believe a unit is good in the face of overwhelming opinion and evidence .

Opinion isn’t fact and for evidence you have supplied none. 

49 minutes ago, Derrault said:

Opinion isn’t fact and for evidence you have supplied none. 

Didn't we just have all the math about DLT shooting it down easy, or the math of how little it kills for its points and how inefficient it is, or the results from large tournaments where it never does much. 

4 hours ago, DarkTrooperZero said:

You’re getting very upset seemingly at the fact that Wedge isn’t getting his due. I think you need to chill. With points printed on the cards how can FFG properly perform a points adjustment without issuing new cards? A simple internet announcement isn’t the proper way. 

23 minutes ago, DarkTrooperZero said:

Didn't we just have all the math about DLT shooting it down easy, or the math of how little it kills for its points and how inefficient it is, or the results from large tournaments where it never does much. 

No, no, and no.

In point of fact it was demonstrated that under perfect conditions (to wit: zero incoming damage, an obviously absurd situation), it would require every single corps attacking the T-47 to ‘maybe’ kill it. (And that’s devoting 474 points worth of resources to merely try and kill 175/195 points worth!)

The 47s value, which apparently needs repeating, is that it’s far more resilient to attrition than troopers. Every wound against a trooper removes a die for future rounds, and those wounds happen far more easily (50% of damage against most imps, 66% against most rebs; and they all suffer that damage on 25% of white, 50% of black, and 75% of red non surge outcomes; conversely thanks to armor, the 47 is only looking 66% of 12.5% of outcomes (8.3% chance per die), and even with that extremely low rate of damage (from non-Impact sources...aka almost all sources) it doesn’t impact (aha) the damage output of the 47 until the equivalent of at least 10 wounds (imp) or 14 wounds (reb) are suffered.

Lastly, the lack of presence of a particular unit says nothing at all about the value of the unit, it only says something about the preferences of the players in that tournament.

16 minutes ago, Derrault said:

Lastly, the lack of presence of a particular unit says nothing at all about the value of the unit, it only says something about the preferences of the players in that tournament.

Case in point, there were two Palpatine lists at LVO, one of them went 5-0 and was the Runner-Up. And there were only 4 FD Tower lists, but two were in the Top 6.