Sign in to follow this  
Pooleman

FFG LIVE

Oh and future prediction, lots and lots of tanks!

Just now, azeronbloodmoone said:

he wasn't using the speeder to the best he can use it he focus it on the tank only.

I don’t think he did badly with it. I think it would fold quickly if he was more direct with it (just like the T-47 does), and the weapons on it are meh at best.

1 minute ago, choassassin said:

Please correct me if I am wrong with Bossk's 2 pip. He can activate, aim, attack, take a damage to move, then attack again (or some of that in a sort of order)?

if he is enrage yes he can do that other wise he would have to attack and move and then attack again. or just do a double attack.

5 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

you can blow 1 up this round or next and one on a different round as it states on the card untill the end of the game she has that.

Detonate X says you detonate X tokens, not up to X tokens. so according to the exact wording she has to blow both at the same time. 

Please correct me if I am wrong with Bossk's 2 pip. He can activate, aim, attack, take a damage to move, then attack again (or some of that in a sort of order)?

Bossk can activate, take an attack action, take a second attack action, and  take damage to move as a free action. 

What does the Grafiti token do? 

The card doesn’t give him a free attack action, so I think it’s 2 attacks and a move, but no aim. He only gets 3 actions total, one being a move.

11 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Uhhh, I don't think you understand the attack sequence correctly.  If you have surges to crit and roll a surge or just roll a natural crit, you don't need sharpshooter at all because cover cannot cancel crits and surge conversions/rerolls both happen prior to dodge and cover being applied.

I understand how it works just fine. My point is that I am not sure that adding another point of Cover is worth the 10 points (and the $50 price tag for the X-34 to get the card).  I'm not saying it isn't either, I'm voicing my doubts about the usefulness of the upgrade and the perception that it is an intended "fix" for the T-47.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Detonate X says you detonate X tokens, not up to X tokens. so according to the exact wording she has to blow both at the same time. 

Bossk can activate, take an attack action, take a second attack action, and  take damage to move as a free action. 

Graffiti - friendly units in range 2 of the token and LOS to the terrain it's touching the token roll 1 more die when rallying. Enemies roll 1 fewer.

Edited, my bad

Edited by TerranCmdr

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Grafiti is placed on a terrain flat, and if a friendly unit within range 2 and LOS to the TOKEN not the terrain can see it they add 1 extra dice to the rally step, if a enemy within range 2 see it then 1 less dice to a min of 1. for the rally step for the rest of the game.

Edited by azeronbloodmoone
added to a min of 1.

1 minute ago, TerranCmdr said:

Graffiti - friendly units in range 2 of the token and LOS to the terrain it's touching roll 1 more die when rallying. Enemies roll 1 fewer.

its not the terrain but the token. they even said during the stream even if you put it on a tall building you have to see the token to get the benefit.

Definitely going to be getting a new copy of the RRG from FFG, at least before Bossk and Sabine. 

Also a TO update unless Graffiti is considered a condition token, since it would then not be an "essential component" and replacement would be allowed. >_<

1 minute ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Definitely going to be getting a new copy of the RRG from FFG, at least before Bossk and Sabine. 

Also a TO update unless Graffiti is considered a condition token, since it would then not be an "essential component" and replacement would be allowed. >_<

it is being treated as any other piece so you can get so you could get acrylics for it,  if you get a holo stand for the bomb it will only be to the base not the entire thing. :D

1 minute ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

it is being treated as any other piece so you can get so you could get acrylics for it,  if you get a holo stand for the bomb it will only be to the base not the entire thing. :D

Where in the rules is the base specified for drawing line of sight from a token? I actually cannot find any rules for it, so technically 3D tokens could change eligibility. Besides, using anything with a base taller than the cardboard still changes LoS. 

Just now, Caimheul1313 said:

Where in the rules is the base specified for drawing line of sight from a token? I actually cannot find any rules for it, so technically 3D tokens could change eligibility. Besides, using anything with a base taller than the cardboard still changes LoS. 

well as the original token is a 2d flat piece you have to treat anything you use as a substitute as its the token itself. so if you use a 3d model for the graffity only the base part will count and it has to be the same base size as the original too.

2 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

well as the original token is a 2d flat piece you have to treat anything you use as a substitute as its the token itself. so if you use a 3d model for the graffity only the base part will count and it has to be the same base size as the original too.

Again, where do the rules specify this? Line of sight is determined by the actual miniature on the board, which is why we are not supposed to "significantly alter the height" of converted miniatures, not by the "original model." 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Again, where do the rules specify this? Line of sight is determined by the actual miniature on the board, which is why we are not supposed to "significantly alter the height" of converted miniatures, not by the "original model." 

actually you can't use 3d models for replacement per the TOR Players may modify or replace individual bases on the 3D objective tokens, but the modified or new base must have the same diameter and size as the original

yes its not a objective token i know but its treated as the same for modification
it will be up to your local TO and oppenents to agree on if you want a different item.

Edited by azeronbloodmoone

Just now, azeronbloodmoone said:

actually you can't use 3d models for replacement per the TOR Players may modify or replace individual bases on the 3D objective tokens, but the modified or new base must have the same diameter and size as the original

Neither the charges or the Graffiti are 3D objective tokens. 

Tokens

Tokens are representations of information about the game or game state. The presence of tokens— other than tokens that are essential components—is marked by one or more indicators. Indicators may also be used to represent multiple tokens, or other open or derived information. Essential tokens are objective, condition, and order tokens. Other tokens are not essential components.

Typically, players use the cardboard tokens included in official product as indicators. However, players may choose to use other items as indicators, so long as they do not obscure significant component information, are resistant to accidental modification, and their purpose of use is clear to both players. The marshal is responsible for determining the legality of an indicator and its reasonable usage during a match if objected to by its owner’s opponent.

The only rule stopping the usage of taller components is if the TO says no after an opponent objects. 

3 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

I mean, I'm pretty sure that's the rebel ethos though. They went out of their way to give them another one, even if that's not something typically seen "on screen" (in that context anyway, people can recognize as Luke's speeder), there's plenty of room for some more obscure but on point stuff, like the T2-B Repulsortank, maybe more from the backlog in Legends (which the T2-B is not, it's been in comics and stuff)

It's from battlefront 2 and rebels

4 hours ago, TerranCmdr said:

Bossk looks awesome.

Graffiti - friendly units in range 2 of the token and LOS to the terrain roll 1 more die when rallying. Enemies roll 1 fewer.

sabine1.JPG

bossk1.JPG

Question on Bossk's 2-Pip card here, would his CHARGE grant him a free third attack after taking the free move action or would the "perform UP TO 2 attack actions" part of the card limit his attacks to only two? The technical wording on cards throws me a little sometimes. 

9 minutes ago, HelHound said:

Question on Bossk's 2-Pip card here, would his CHARGE grant him a free third attack after taking the free move action or would the "perform UP TO 2 attack actions" part of the card limit his attacks to only two? The technical wording on cards throws me a little sometimes. 

you can only normally do 1 attack on your activation, this is just like lukes card that gives him 1 extra attack per activation.

8 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

Well, wedge was somewhat invalidated by purpose of him never being taken anyway, because while F*KKIN' SWEET Full Pivot wasn't that useful on the T-47. 

However, he still has a benefit, he's only 5 points as opposed to the Speeder Jockey's 10, and depending on what you're expecting to face, the extra Cover might not be worth the points. The real victim here is poor General Weiss. Who needs Arsenal 4 when your competition is either aim tokens, or, I dunno, freaking surge conversions?

At least General Weiss was a nobody that only existed before in Imperial Assault. Poor Wedge, Hero of the Rebellion, Destroyer of the Death Star II gets shown up by a rando speeder jockey from the outer rim.

5 hours ago, HelHound said:

the maximum number of attacks bossk is able to make this round is 2. so if he is enraged there still is the possibility to take 4 actions:

(1)aim, (2)shoot, take a wound to (3)move -> charge, (4)melee attack

If Bossk can get into Range 1 prior to his activation, have 3 wounds he would get the charge keyword. He can then use his command card to give him 2x Ranged attacks, suffer 1 wound to move into melee and activate his free enrage charge ability.....

A lot has to line up for this to happen but that is a tonne of damage 2x red, 8x white followed by a 1x red, 2x black and 1x white melee also with pierce!

1 hour ago, ThumperLOLZ said:

If Bossk can get into Range 1 prior to his activation, have 3 wounds he would get the charge keyword. He can then use his command card to give him 2x Ranged attacks, suffer 1 wound to move into melee and activate his free enrage charge ability.....

A lot has to line up for this to happen but that is a tonne of damage 2x red, 8x white followed by a 1x red, 2x black and 1x white melee also with pierce!

You can still make 2 attack actions per activation with the card.

1 hour ago, ThumperLOLZ said:

only 2 attack actions per turn, including free attack actions. so no attacking 3 times.

that way every snowtrooper could move, shoot, move, shoot in 1 activation, which is not possible!

22 minutes ago, Taiowaa said:

only 2 attack actions per turn, including free attack actions. so no attacking 3 times.

Only if you pull Bossk´  s strings with Palpatine and get a bit of Lizard rampage! 3 Attacks.