Sign in to follow this  
Pooleman

FFG LIVE

2 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

What has both Sharpshooter and impact?  Also T-47 that's immune to long range DLTs and highly resistant to impact grenades seems pretty legit.

Mr Fett

7 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

Hypothetically if for some reason I wanted to use the 47 but didn't want to buy or can't afford the X-34 as well then the 47 is still in a bad spot.

The T-47 is probably I think the only example of a really conservative design that hurts it so much people don't want to use it - if you're a fan of the unit for the sake of the unit you can probably still run it without this in casual games, or if you play more seriously, you accept sometimes you're gonna have to occasionally buy a pack to get upgrades because they can't shovel everything out at once, and need playtesting for all those RRG notes. On the plus side, FFG is usually very generous with upgrades, I would not be surprised if mr Speeder Jockey isn't a regular appearance in packs down the line which could be more economical. 

2 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

The T-47 is probably I think the only example of a really conservative design that hurts it so much people don't want to use it - if you're a fan of the unit for the sake of the unit you can probably still run it without this in casual games, or if you play more seriously, you accept sometimes you're gonna have to occasionally buy a pack to get upgrades because they can't shovel everything out at once, and need playtesting for all those RRG notes. On the plus side, FFG is usually very generous with upgrades, I would not be surprised if mr Speeder Jockey isn't a regular appearance in packs down the line which could be more economical. 

Doesn't make a lot of sense to put him with anything other than a rebel repulsor vehicle, so I doubt he'll be *that* common.

I agree, I'd rather a fix through errata than a card. I also kind of felt Speeder 2 should just innately equate to Cover 2, but that's like, just my opinion man. 

In other news, the E-11D seems wicked. The Empire has a lot of ways to make Corps units suppressed/panicked after a single attack. 

The Shield generator looks a little less so. FFG seems to think Recover is an action we should be taking a lot more than we actually do? I'm waiting for the Rebel equivalent to Veer's Imperial Discipline. 

3 minutes ago, aniron said:

Doesn't make a lot of sense to put him with anything other than a rebel repulsor vehicle, so I doubt he'll be *that* common.

I mean, I'm pretty sure that's the rebel ethos though. They went out of their way to give them another one, even if that's not something typically seen "on screen" (in that context anyway, people can recognize as Luke's speeder), there's plenty of room for some more obscure but on point stuff, like the T2-B Repulsortank, maybe more from the backlog in Legends (which the T2-B is not, it's been in comics and stuff)

8 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

I agree, I'd rather a fix through errata than a card. I also kind of felt Speeder 2 should just innately equate to Cover 2, but that's like, just my opinion man. 

In other news, the E-11D seems wicked. The Empire has a lot of ways to make Corps units suppressed/panicked after a single attack. 

The Shield generator looks a little less so. FFG seems to think Recover is an action we should be taking a lot more than we actually do? I'm waiting for the Rebel equivalent to Veer's Imperial Discipline. 

The only solace I take from the E-11D exhaust ability is that it's an exhaust ability. Also that the unit really doesn't like snipers.

Cover 2 helps from tlt, but not from newly buffed at-st's. It might live Long enough to use the ground busser. However thats 30 points extra for a unit that is already overpriced and Still lacks surge-hit.

It's also lame for new players who will buy the speeder without access to the "fix" card. Hello x-wing 1.0.... I expected more from the designers at this point.

30 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

What has both Sharpshooter and impact?  Also T-47 that's immune to long range DLTs and highly resistant to impact grenades seems pretty legit.

27 minutes ago, Senjius said:

Mr Fett

Also, in my personal experience, Impact isn't the only thing that kills vehicles.  All it takes is a unit with Sharpshooter and Surge->Crit with Pierce to push damage through.  Heck, even units with just Sharpshooter and Pierce that roll natural Crits can push damage through.

I didn't say Cover 2 was worthless, just that I was withholding judgement. I'm sure someone will run the numbers soon enough, although numbers and actual game experience don't always correspond.

1 minute ago, Animewarsdude said:

NeCHTjd.png

I could be wrong, but I think they said that Poison tokens cause those with them to suffer 1 wound for each poison token after their activation. I think they discard the Poison token after suffering the wound. Medical droids can also remove the token using Treat. 

Correct.

4 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

For Sabine’s detonate 2 — are you required to blow both at once? Or can it be up to 2?

Currently, Detonate X: Charge Type reads:

After a unit controlled by any player performs an action, each unit that has a weapon with the detonate x: charge type keyword may detonate x friendly charge tokens of the  specified type.

This could change with an update to the RRG, which seems to happen before units with new Keywords are released

Well, seeing as right now the RRG doesn't actually contain any rules regarding Armament, an update would be a good idea. (It's obviously supposed to be a "weapon upgrade" but only hardpoint and grenade upgrades are identified as such). I am intrigued by the future possibilities of "Do not discard" command cards.

51 minutes ago, DarkTrooperZero said:

Only because the chassis was rubbish bud

As probably the only person who used a lot of T-47's, no, Wedge was bad.

54 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

Also, in my personal experience, Impact isn't the only thing that kills vehicles.  All it takes is a unit with Sharpshooter and Surge->Crit with Pierce to push damage through.  Heck, even units with just Sharpshooter and Pierce that roll natural Crits can push damage through.

I didn't say Cover 2 was worthless, just that I was withholding judgement. I'm sure someone will run the numbers soon enough, although numbers and actual game experience don't always correspond.

Uhhh, I don't think you understand the attack sequence correctly.  If you have surges to crit and roll a surge or just roll a natural crit, you don't need sharpshooter at all because cover cannot cancel crits and surge conversions/rerolls both happen prior to dodge and cover being applied.

25 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

For Sabine’s detonate 2 — are you required to blow both at once? Or can it be up to 2?

you can blow 1 up this round or next and one on a different round as it states on the card untill the end of the game she has that.

Posted (edited)

Bossk looks awesome.

Graffiti - friendly units in range 2 of the token and LOS to the terrain roll 1 more die when rallying. Enemies roll 1 fewer.

sabine1.JPG

bossk1.JPG

Edited by TerranCmdr

53 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Full image of Sabine's 1 pip command card.

tzex26F.png

Is it just me, or is this the Rebel MVP of that game? Without it, Luke would have probably lost.

And the speeder was more or less useless. 😢

Just now, JediPartisan said:

Is it just me, or is this the Rebel MVP of that game? Without it, Luke would have probably lost.

And the speeder was more or less useless. 😢

he wasn't using the speeder to the best he can use it he focus it on the tank only.