Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pooleman

FFG LIVE

Recommended Posts

And it’s an operation from Oganized Play, only on a 3x3, which probably means reduced armies.🤔

Wish they would have larger armies that show off Clone Wars content.🥺

Wonder if we’ll get the full article spoiling those heavies before the stream?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pooleman said:

That feels likely. 

I’m of the opposite opinion. We still need previews for Krennic and the Death Troopers first. Plus releasing full previews gives no real incentive to watching the stream. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rebel dude said:

Can anyone else find the live stream I'm looking now on youtube and twitch.

I saw a FB post that said it had been pushed back to 1:30 Central time, so we've still got an hour or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They explained what Shield tokens do, you may spend them before rolling defense dice to add a block result to your results, which means you roll 1 fewer defense dice when defending. So basically it is a bit like a dodge token you carry with you until you choose to use it that can be used to cancel a crit result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, DarkTrooperZero said:

So now that our T47 can have cover 2 pilot it completely invalidates wedge instead of just god dam fixing the actual ship.

Well, wedge was somewhat invalidated by purpose of him never being taken anyway, because while F*KKIN' SWEET Full Pivot wasn't that useful on the T-47. 

However, he still has a benefit, he's only 5 points as opposed to the Speeder Jockey's 10, and depending on what you're expecting to face, the extra Cover might not be worth the points. The real victim here is poor General Weiss. Who needs Arsenal 4 when your competition is either aim tokens, or, I dunno, freaking surge conversions?

Edited by UnitOmega

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was thinking more about how there's still a lot of Sharpshooter running around, but I suppose that only really combos with Impact with Maximum Firepower. Veers isn't an unpopular commander, though. 

FUTURE-PAST UPDATE: Also Fett, hey, who also tends to show up with Veers. 

Edited by UnitOmega

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the plus side, the toyota truck is shaping up nicely. The rocket man isn't exhaustible despite being hella expensive, but the base platform is cheap.

I'm with DarkTrooperZero on this though. Cover 2 on either of the vehicles makes them very resistant to incoming fire, maybe a little too much. This is a hard fix to the 47, but I hate mandatory upgrades to make a unit viable. The ST looks like it's getting a buff of unusual size as well. Hate that their both locked behind a $50+ price tag as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's wrong to look at them as "locked", because that's kind of invalidating the meat of the expansion as is - and it's shaping up that the Landspeeder is still quite viable on it's own, both with and without the pilot since that RPS is great anti-armor. That's a pretty decent chance at 2-3 hits on Armor every round, especially if it uses it's mobility to get in the Weak Points every imperial vehicle has. Also 360 coverage, which is one of the T-47's issues that not taking Wedge out won't help. It's good the AT-ST can get a bit of offensive consistency, I think your best response to a tankhunter X-34 is to use the Grenade Launcher and try to get too close for missiles - unlike the T-47 the X-34 doesn't have "Immune:Blast" (this also means CQB with Concs or even flamers is also not great for them).

And the TX-225 gets the same offensive consistency options as the AT-ST, has a red Defense Die, has a free reposition to dial in shots on that front arc AND costs 40 points less and has less bells and whistles, given how Imperials are an expensive army some people may prefer to put less eggs in a basket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

I think it's wrong to look at them as "locked", because that's kind of invalidating the meat of the expansion as is - and it's shaping up that the Landspeeder is still quite viable on it's own, both with and without the pilot since that RPS is great anti-armor. That's a pretty decent chance at 2-3 hits on Armor every round, especially if it uses it's mobility to get in the Weak Points every imperial vehicle has. Also 360 coverage, which is one of the T-47's issues that not taking Wedge out won't help. It's good the AT-ST can get a bit of offensive consistency, I think your best response to a tankhunter X-34 is to use the Grenade Launcher and try to get too close for missiles - unlike the T-47 the X-34 doesn't have "Immune:Blast" (this also means CQB with Concs or even flamers is also not great for them).

And the TX-225 gets the same offensive consistency options as the AT-ST, has a red Defense Die, has a free reposition to dial in shots on that front arc AND costs 40 points less and has less bells and whistles, given how Imperials are an expensive army some people may prefer to put less eggs in a basket. 

What I meant when I said "locked behind an expansion" is that I don't want to have to pay an additional amount to make a unit viable. I'm getting a landspeeder because I want the landspeeder, it looks heckin fun. Hypothetically if for some reason I wanted to use the 47 but didn't want to buy or can't afford the X-34 as well then the 47 is still in a bad spot. It's really just a pet peeve of mine.

If I was an imperial player, I'd love the TX-225 because I'm that guy who doesn't like super expensive units.

Edited by thepopemobile100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We still don't know what the stats on the fixed-front weapon upgrades for the X-34 are.  Those may synergize with the "crew" upgrades...or not.

I'm withholding judgement on the Speeder-Jock upgrade for now. Cover is nice, until you get critted or hit with Sharpshooter. Not exactly sure how going from Cover 1 to Cover 2 makes the T-47 much better, especially for 10 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarkTrooperZero said:

Did we not learn anything from Xwing 1.0, fix cards are a horrible horrible game design method.

 

So now that our T47 can have cover 2 pilot it completely invalidates wedge instead of just god dam fixing the actual ship.

So much this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NeonWolf said:

We still don't know what the stats on the fixed-front weapon upgrades for the X-34 are.  Those may synergize with the "crew" upgrades...or not.

I'm withholding judgement on the Speeder-Jock upgrade for now. Cover is nice, until you get critted or hit with Sharpshooter. Not exactly sure how going from Cover 1 to Cover 2 makes the T-47 much better, especially for 10 points.

 

What has both Sharpshooter and impact?  Also T-47 that's immune to long range DLTs and highly resistant to impact grenades seems pretty legit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, DarkTrooperZero said:

Did we not learn anything from Xwing 1.0, fix cards are a horrible horrible game design method.

 

So now that our T47 can have cover 2 pilot it completely invalidates wedge instead of just god dam fixing the actual ship.

 

Wedge was already invalidated buddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...