Boom Owl

Biggs

Because I’m having too much fun putting the First Order on the table.

Also I think other X-Wing pilots are more fun/interesting to fly (Wedge, two-tubes, Kullbee, Luke).

Edited by kempokid

I'll echo the range 1 complaint and the fact that Wedge (52), Thane (48), and Garven (47) are all around the same price with higher initiative  and good abilities.  Personally, I'm not a fan of abilities that are essentially just moving damage around.  I get this is a strategy for certain lists.  But an X-wing in inherently fragile already and re-gen is limited in 2.0 with charges. I think ultimately he's better off around 46 points instead of 48.

That said, I'd love to see a movie built using the deleted Biggs/Luke footage from the original Star Wars as a launching point and then focusing on Biggs and his pals. Also note they refer to Luke as "wormy":

Edited by dadocollin

Luke can take care of himself, and other rebel builds dont make sense to spend 48pts on biggs to protect a 50pt-ish ship or less. Also, spreading dmg is good, but opponent still gets points for damage. 3dmg on biggs and 3dmg on wedge is still 50pts earned. Before, like in fairship rebels 1.0, it counts as zero pts.

I like 2.0 biggs, but definately see why you wouldnt take him all the time like in 1.0

Edit: Also, Selfless exists

Edited by wurms

I think he's best T-65 pilot for his cost. His ability is better than it was in 1e, you're opponent is basically still forced to target Biggs on the first exchange if they're able, but now they are allowed to screw up and not target Biggs and watch all their damage only hit shields. 

It's worth noting that he was in the top 14 at the most recent system open alongside his favorite entourage of selfless Red and Wedge, a hyperspace list in an extended event no less. 

11 hours ago, nikk whyte said:

I just can’t put together a full 200 points of rebels that I enjoy. 

^^THIS 

There's just not a squads worth of ships I want to spearhead into things in 2e. Fairship is dead not because of Biggs, but more because squad wide synergy isn't as effective (or fun) anymore. 

That and Luke, Wedge, Thane, Garven, heck even Kullbee and Leevan are more fun to fly, have talent slots, and more effective on their own. Biggs just isn't a top X-wing pilot anymore.

I still use him, but he’s probably the 1 overcosted X-wing Pilot atm. (Thane is fine, change my mind) He doesn’t need much of a point drop (1-3 points), but currently it is difficult to squeeze him into a 4 ship list that also happens to be fun.

Behold, Sponge Squadron!

T-65 X-wing - •Biggs Darklighter - 53
    •Biggs Darklighter - Red Three (48)
        Hull Upgrade (5)
        Servomotor S-foils (Closed) (0)

T-65 X-wing - Red Squadron Veteran - 49
    Red Squadron Veteran - (43)
        Selfless (3)
        R3 Astromech (3)

Selfless (3)
        R3 Astromech (3)

Selfless (3)
        R3 Astromech (3)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Perfect for face-tanking those pesky Upsilons... oh wait... Bugger.

4 hours ago, FlyingAnchors said:

I still use him, but he’s probably the 1 overcosted X-wing Pilot atm. (Thane is fine, change my mind) 

Thane pays too few points for his initiative, if you think the current pricing of initiative is problematic.

There's also an entire expansion of X-Wing pilots nobody uses, looking at overpriced pilots. Biggs isn't that popular but I don't think I've seen a Saw's pilot hit the table since the team covenant video with the two tubes pilots?

13 hours ago, wurms said:

Also, spreading dmg is good, but opponent still gets points for damage. 3dmg on biggs and 3dmg on wedge is still 50pts earned. Before, like in fairship rebels 1.0, it counts as zero pts.

I think this is a huge part of it. 

14 hours ago, wurms said:

Luke can take care of himself, and other rebel builds dont make sense to spend 48pts on biggs to protect a 50pt-ish ship or less. Also, spreading dmg is good, but opponent still gets points for damage. 3dmg on biggs and 3dmg on wedge is still 50pts earned. Before, like in fairship rebels 1.0, it counts as zero pts.

I like 2.0 biggs, but definately see why you wouldnt take him all the time like in 1.0

Edit: Also, Selfless exists

I wonder if he'll see more play once Epic releases, when he can protect more expensive ships.